GTPL Crew Official Events Thread

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 310 comments
Wait I might be able to but how will I know where to join and when it happens I only have 1 GTP member as my friends list , I'm level 79 and username Lambo-CA10

Add me on PSN (Katiegan). I'll invite you to the playlist when it starts.

Cars Permitted:
  • Karin Sultan RS
  • Bravado Banshee 900R
  • Vapid Bullet
  • Coil Voltic
  • Pegassi Vacca

Are those cars available without owning them? Because I'm saving up for other stuff, and none of them look appetising enough to actually own.

Are those cars available without owning them? Because I'm saving up for other stuff, and none of them look appetising enough to actually own.
Yeah, they'll be stock and at a disadvantage performance wise though (The Catchup and Slipstream may help enough to make it still competitive)

I'll hop in tomorrow if I remember, tomorrow's main subject of entertainment is the Rolex 24, so I may forget...

What makes catchup unbearable? I don't race all that much so I don't really know.

What makes catchup unbearable? I don't race all that much so I don't really know.

It bogs down the performance of the leading cars and boosts the ones in last place. Catchup racing is all about who can stay in the middle of the pack the longest and swoop into first place on the last few corners of the final lap.

Ah. I wasn't sure if slipstream would be strong enough by itself, but I suppose catchup is too strong?

I have none of the cars so I'm going to pass, plus I'm tied up with a GT6 series on PS3 at that time.

Ah. I wasn't sure if slipstream would be strong enough by itself, but I suppose catchup is too strong?

I don't have much issue with slipstreaming, and I honestly think it's a fair mechanic, but in a hardcore setting like the Nonchalant Dominance or Sweatbuckets racing crews, it doesn't belong there. In most races, catchup is just used as a crutch by people who normally wouldn't get near the top of the leaderboard. This isn't a dig at anyone, it's just the bad players who like to ram every car they see.

If you turn off custom vehicles, there's a chance that the Banshee and Sultan will be unavailable, depending on whether the Map Creator has updated them and added them as available (IIRC DLC cars are unchecked on available cars sheet when added)

Also, I have an event planned and race created for it, but I won't be hosting it until a little later. It's going to be a GTA:IV Race, a GTA Race on Faggios where you can get off of your moped and get into any car that you can find. Two rules are that you can't kill until you get the 1st checkpoint and you can't get into a Helicopter/Plane

@Katiegan Can we either turn off custom cars or let everyone bring their own. Its the only way you can make people abide.

It would also be fairer as many do not have the cars on the list fully upgraded.

If you turn off customs, there's a chance that the race won't have been updated, and such, the Banshee 900R and Sultan would be unavailable for use.

Also, I'm thinking next Saturday for my GTA:IV Race, probably around 1 PM my time (20 minutes from the time of this post for those who need to convert). Like this post if you're interested and add me (PSN is Jahgee1124) if we aren't already friends

@Katiegan Can we either turn off custom cars or let everyone bring their own. Its the only way you can make people abide.

It would also be fairer as many do not have the cars on the list fully upgraded.

Like @Jahgee said, the Sultan RS and Banshee 900R probably won't be available to 'rent' for a race just yet, and that's kinda the whole point of this race event. If I make it completely open, people will just abuse it and fly away in a T20. If I can't trust people to not follow the rules at a car show, I can't trust people to follow rules here either. Those cars have been selected to try and make things as fair and equal as possible. Another race event will be held at a later date where people can use whatever car they wish, but this event is not that one.

Slipstream is on which should give those at a disadvantage a better chance. That's the reason I wanted catchup on too, but apparently not everyone likes that.

Like @Jahgee said, the Sultan RS and Banshee 900R probably won't be available to 'rent' for a race just yet, and that's kinda the whole point of this race event. If I make it completely open, people will just abuse it and fly away in a T20. If I can't trust people to not follow the rules at a car show, I can't trust people to follow rules here either. Those cars have been selected to try and make things as fair and equal as possible. Another race event will be held at a later date where people can use whatever car they wish, but this event is not that one.

Slipstream is on which should give those at a disadvantage a better chance. That's the reason I wanted catchup on too, but apparently not everyone likes that.

Yeah I see your logic. Catchup does ruin races though imo. Hopefully all goes well.

Back