GTPlanet Dads!

W. T. H . . . is a 'hairy boat'? :scared:
I don't want to imagine. I guess Google is going to teach me something new again.

Haha, sorry, it’s common in London to refer to ones face as a “boat” as in boatrace. It’s a bit of slang that I guess never dropped out of my vocabulary.

I did go with a cordless battery shaver a few years back. It was a Philips if I remember correctly, but I couldn’t get along with it and went back to wet shaving.

No idea where all the posts came from, I suppose a few years back I was very active in the GT section what with racing and all that jazz. Latter day posts were mostly drunken ramblings and for the last year I’ve mostly browsed and avoided posting to much.

Coincidentally I’m at the hospital now checking on my father status. The appointment was for 9:30, it’s now 11:15 and Mrs. Shem is still waiting. What’s the point of an appointment if they can’t keep it? :grumpy:

TB
My 12 year old is starting to shave (just helped him for the first time a few weeks ago). I'm fairly confident it's because of his medication. He's quite proud of his 'stache. And refuses to shave it.

My 14 year old is still baby but smooth.

I look like an adolescent Wookie.
No, you look like an extra hairy Wookie.

Cool thread. Happy Father's Day :gtplanet: Dads!

I'll refrain from my deets so I don't bum anyone out.

Jerome

……XsnipX…...

Coincidentally I’m at the hospital now checking on my father status. The appointment was for 9:30, it’s now 11:15 and Mrs. Shem is still waiting. What’s the point of an appointment if they can’t keep it? :grumpy:

Wait, wait - what's going on? Are you going to be a Dad? This is great news then, slipping it in sneakily, eh?
The wait times here can be long, too, but not that long.
Now you're in for the long haul, buddy. :D :cheers:

I can hardly imagine your wife's excitement.

I can't help my bad memory.

:(

You have to be spaced out. :lol:

Wait, wait - what's going on? Are you going to be a Dad? This is great news then, slipping it in sneakily, eh?

I’d mentioned it casually in an Infield thread but haven’t been too hyped because it was early days. Today we got a heart beat so it does indeed seem I’ll be a dad in around 8 months.

I can't stop smiling now. Congrats, good luck, you have to keep us posted.

I miss the Infield - just lack of time.
I have to give up my job if I get in there. :crazy:

My son drew this for me 10yrs ago and it's been a joke ever since :lol: Happy F-Day

IMG_9204.jpg

He was working yesterday so we're meeting for dinner Tues night for F-day.

Shaving ... My 2 boys had to teach themselves.

I dropped my kids off at camp then went out to dinner without them yesterday. :lol:

Since I was born During the 14th century, there were no digital cameras around at that time to confirm or deny your assumption.
It was a specific selfie-tapestry your mum made that I was thinking about.

Great thread, I'm a dad twice over, two sons. My oldest suffered a stroke at birth and can barely use the right side of his body. We've been doing PT since day one, basically minimal improvement. We are going to try a new surgery called green tendon where bad tendons are replaced with extra working ones in his right hand/wrist. We are also gonna do surgery on his right leg as he walks with his toe in a ton. Lucas is patient, caring, nice and just wants to play.

My younger is basically the opposite, he is a tank, super athletic like me, can't stop moving and moody like his mother :lol:

It's crazy to see both sides of me so clearly in drastic ways. They are also above 99% for height.

Jerome

Only a couple of years until yours grows an attitude... Mine got hers for her 4th birthday.

I must be lucky, my daughter waited until she was 6 :) ... Problem is she has influenced my boy (4) so now I have 4 and 6 year olds with attitude :nervous:

Last edited:
I'm sure you parents out there have had some moments where you hadn't really noticed until all of a sudden something happens that makes it all too clear that your kids are indeed growing up.

The latest was this weekend for me. My wife and I were watching something and my oldest went into the kitchen to eat something. I motioned to my wife that she should probably pause the movie. She turned around to see which child I was motioning towards and said "he'll be 17 next week".

In other words, "next week he could go to the movie theater and see an R rated movie without us so what difference does it make?"

:ill:

I must be lucky, my daughter waited until she was 6 :) ... Problem is she has influenced my boy (4) so now I have 4 and 6 year olds with attitude :nervous:
Im a little concerned that the 5 year old is going to teach her little brother bad habits too.

Back