GTPlanet H2H Drift Tournament #1 Congrats to SAi-66, final vid's added

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 550 comments

Which version of Suzuka should the tournament be held on (due to popular demand)

• Suzuka Circuit - Complete

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Suzuka Circuit - East

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hayden

Chrysler Racer
Premium
Australia
South Australia
screenshot20110125at636.png

screenshot20110208at744.png

Congratulations to all that entered tournament #1. The winner was SAi-66. My condolences to Jimmy 281090 who battled beautifully throughout the tournament to finish 4th.
I thank you all for your participation and will see you next tournament (which will be held on the Indy #2 circuit)
If you wish to subscribe to Tournament #2, please go here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4702095&posted=1#post4702095

Judges wanted
Due to a judge missing a time (if you guessed me your'e right) i have decided to issue a backup judge for all battle's going forward. This means that if a judge can't make it for what ever reason the backup judge will call the battle. I am only looking for people who know what they are doing. if you want to know how the battle's are judged, view the rules video near the bottom of this post. I am happy to pay eaach judge a 1 million dollar car. I need judges now so please, come forward and help me make sure no drifters ever go without a judge again.

Welcome to THEGT Planet drift tournament. Please post your name, country, PSN name and drift team (if applicable) Drivers will go head to head in a tandem style drift tournament.

ALL SLOTS FULL. Competition begins 15th January. As no body has contacted me with competition times they have been set by me, Judges for each battle are yet to be set. A legitimate reason will make me change these times and judges...

This Weeks Regulations - 500BHP or less Naturally Aspirated, Rear wheel drive Cars. The first round of matches will take place this coming weekend at Suzuka Circuit East in "my lounge".
Drifters will have 5 minutes of warm up before each gets 1 lap leading. At the end the Judge's decision is final.
There is to be NO deliberate contact and no driving in the wrong direction. TCS: 0. Skid recovery: Off. Comfort Hard tyres only

1st place receives their choice of a McLaren F1, TVR Speed 12, Pagani Zonda R, Ferrari Enzo or Tommy Kaira ZZII & a 1 million dollar (or less) car
2nd place receive a 750 thousand dollar (or less) car & 2 matte chips of their choice
3rd place receives a 500 thousand dollar (or less) car & 1 matte chip of their choice
i9-wilson-9i Guts award winner recieves a 500 thousand dollar (or less) car

Grand Final
Sai Yip.....VS.....Hoang Pham
SAi-66................GTP_Keisu
SAIKO^D............Koguchi Power
Canada...............USA
Sorry if runs are in wrong order :( or the picture in picture is out of sync

Run 1 5-5 Keisu was leading but on the first corner he pulled extreme angle causing a great loss of speed , Sai did hit Keisu but he had no other choice there was no way of avoiding contact , so 5-5.
Run 2 7-3 To Sai Sai managed to pull out quite a lead whilst still keeping angle, Keisu had a small off meaning he lost the distance. This meant 7-3 to Sai

Bronze Battle
jimmy.....VS.....Chris Godfrey[/COLOR]
jimmy281090...............FRAG-ME-CG
d-trick........................Team <ACN>
england.......................England
370Z..........................RX7

Sorry if runs are in wrong order :( or the picture in picture is out of sync

Run 1 5-5 Chris did straighten out on one turn but managed to keep close to Jimmy , Jimmy also had a slight off meaning the battle was 5-5.
Run 2 6-4 To Chris Chris Manged to pull away from Jimmy and gain slightly higher angle.

Semi Finals
Sai Yip.....VS.....Chris Godfrey
SAi-66................FRAG-ME-CG
SAIKO^D............Team <ACN>
Canada...............England
Run 1 6-4 To Sai Sai was managing to gain large angle whilst still keeping close to Chris.
Run 2 10-0 To Sai The first corner was where this battle was won Chris didnt manage to slow down and took Sai of the track.
Overall 16-4 To Sai Meaning he was in the final

jimmy.....VS.....Hoang Pham[/COLOR]
jimmy281090...............GTP_Keisu
d-trick........................Koguchi Power
england.......................USA
Run 1 5-5 Keisu pulled away to quickly meaning Jimmy did not get the chance to get close , Keisu and Jimmy had very similar lines and taking into account the problems at the start , i had to call this 5-5.
Run 2 10-0 To Keisu Yet again the first corner caused a competitor trouble , Jimmy caught his rear wheels on the outside of the first corner casuing him to spin and void his run.
Overall 15-5 To Keisu Putting him in the final

Quarter Finals

GMT: sunday 2pm
Sai Yip.....VS................Nathan Poole
SAi-66..........................Knight_Spirit
SAIKO^D......................Team <ACN>
Canada........................England
11.......................... 9
JUDGE - xXuxiOusxX

Another brilliant battle and the third of the quarter finals to end with a score of 11-9
The first round was drawn, due to awesome tandems from both drifters
The second round was just as close but Nathan just stepped off the track on the last corner giving 6-4 to Sai
Team <ACN>.................Team <ACN>
England........................Sweden
Judge: MrDinosaw94 6.30pm (saturday)

better quality=http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=MOV00045.mp4
Due to me being an unorganised F... head, i missed this battle due to a combination of connection issues, being occupied by making the header and being a total tool. But the guys ran without me and Cervatoz uploaded the video to photobucket for me. Both guys did well in both battles but a combination of the occasional straighten up and a bad spin from johan gave the early 10-0 to chris. He ran a good second run (from what i could see) but chris did well to leave cervatoz in smoke, giving the end score of 16-4 to chris. Congratulations to both <ACN> members for being patient and good competitors. Unfortunatly for Cervatoz it's road closed.

GMT: 7am
Bert...........VS...........jimmy
bertvw..............................[/COLOR]jimmy281090
<ACN>apprentice...............d-trick
Belgium GMT+1..................england
JUDGE - TwinTurboCH

A very nice battle once it got started. A very smooth first run and corrections on corner 3, 5 & 7 from bert gave jimmy the 7-3 lead
A great, fast leading job from bert in the second run put the pressure on jimmy & despite falling a bit back & making a correction he held on well.
Bert won the second run 6-4.
So the winner with a score of 9-11 is Jimmy!

GMT: XX.xx:Xm
Hoang Pham.....VS..........Derek

GTP_Keisu.........................SKR-Kaizer
Koguchi Power...................Canada, Ontario
USA................................SAIKO^D
10pm............................... 10pm
Mazda RX7........................Dodge Viper
JUDGE - MrDinosaw94 & tuzmyfuz 1.30pm

What can i say about this battle? hmm... I know, watch the video.
It is without a doubt the best tandem drifting i have ever witnessed on
a video game. It took a call of one more time and the drivers never
left each others side. drifting like this is the reason i started this tournament.
I must also mention the sportsmanship shown by everyone involved was
spectacular. After the battle the judge, competitors, a few friends and i
spent some time drifting together with awesome results.

ROUND 1 (completed)
GMT: Saturday 11.00am
Chris Godfrey.....VS......Hayden
FRAG-ME-CG.................GTP_MrDinosaw94
Team <ACN>................Southern Sliders
England.......................Australia
11.00am..................... 9.30pm
17.............................. 3
JUDGE - cervatoz

A win in conclusive fashion to Chris. A terrible first round to Hayden gave all of the first 10 points to Chris.
2nd round was better by Hayden but it was obvious who the better drifter was on the day.
Team <ACN>.................DriftNinja
Sweden.........................The Netherlands
2.30pm........................ 2.30pm
12............................... 8
Pontiac Solstice..............Nissan Silvia
JUDGE - FRAG-ME-CG

Johan showed up 1/2 an hour late due to RL accident involving a snow lake, a car & presumably some drifting...
Great first round with Robin taking the lead after Johan had a few wheels off.
Johan came back with some excellent drifting in the second which coupled with a bad spin from Robin,
and gave Johan the win
Koguchi Power.................Canada, Ontario
USA...............................SAIKO^D
12.30pm....................... 12.30pm
6................................. 14
JUDGE - FRAG-ME-CG 5.30pm

Unfortunately I only have the second run, but it's by far the best of the two.
In the first run, GTP_Seigo span on the first corner, but was consistent through the rest of track, saving him one point for a 1-9.
The second run was incredible, showing excelent control from both drivers scoring them 5-5. SKR-Kaizer wins with 14-6
d-trick..............................Team Burst
england.............................USA
8.00pm............................ 3.00pm
Nissan SkylineCoupe...........Nissan 370Z
JUDGE - MrDinosaw94 7.00am

An extremely close battle, with nice runs from each side. First round was 6-4 to Jimmy for some minor off tracks.
Second round was 7-3 to Jimmy, due to a couple of corrections and slight off tracks, 13-7 Jimmy is through to the next round.
Congrats to both drivers, the most consistant battle yet!

GMT: Sunday 3.00pm
chrissy...........VS...........Bert
i9-wilson-9i......................bertvw
D-Trick............................<ACN>apprentice
England..........................Belgium GMT+1
3.00pm.......................... 2.00pm
Nissan 370Z....................Toyota Supra
JUDGE - MrDinosaw94 1.30am

(^^sorry about in-race audio it was screwed up by background TV sound and became extremely annoying^^)
Awesome first round saw scores of 7-3 to bert after wilson had a couple wheels off. 2nd run was thrown out due to a huge lead building which made judging impossible.
The first ever "ONE MORE TIME" was recorded with chase cam by me and saw another great round with bert taking it 6-4.
An important note-Just prior to the battle wilson's down shift stopped working, making him run the whole thing with no down shifts. His skill in 1 gear has pushed me to name an award after him
The resiliency award will be handed out at he end of each stage (Round 1, Quarter Final , Semi Final, Grand Final/Bronze). At the end of each tournament
someone will receive the prize of a five hundred thousand dollar car bought by me and the i9-wilson-9i Guts award for tournament #X

SAIKO^D......................RedSuns
Canada........................united states, gmt -8
Noon.......................... 9.00am
BMW Z4 M...................Honda/Acura NSX
JUDGE - MrDinosaw94 (after the fact via video)

An unfortunate first run for Jonathan involved him coming off the track in the first corner. Sai was able to pull off a nearly perfect run setting the scores at 10-0
He started the 2nd in similar fashion. As he lead into corner 1 the angle was simply too great, resulting in his car kicking back and flinging him off the track sideways.
It was good to see Sai let him back in the lead before unfortunately for Jonathan the NSX kicked again. SAi finished with a perfect score of 20-0.
Koguchi Power..................Team ID
USA................................Germany
Noon............................. 7.00pm
20................................. 0 (due to technical forfeit)
JUDGE - MrDinosaw94 4.30am
Due to internet connection problems (on the part of monsterGAUZ) this battle could not take place, thus giving a 20 - 0 forfeit win to GTP_Kiesu

GMT: Sunday 9.00pm
Nathan Poole.....VS............Brad
Knight_Spirit.......................tuzmyfuz80
Team <ACN>......................USA
England..............................N/A
9.00pm............................. 1.00pm
13.................................... 7
Lexus ISF...........................Nissan 350Z
JUDGE - GODfreyGT5

A wobbly start and three wheels off lost Nathan's hopes round the first section, before tuzmy dramaticly lost pace and dropped back causing a considerable gap, which was then coupled with an off-camera 90 degree stop.
6-4 To Knight Spirit.
A correction from both drivers round the first corner put them even. Tuzmy made an un-missable mistake and lost all 5 points with an off-track. A couple of slips from Nathan into the next corner got him worried. After a couple of corrections, Tuzmy lost lots of speed round the blind uphill, causing Nathan to bump his car. As the initial mistake was from Tuzmy, it cannot loose him too many points.

Judges
Haydenmc14
Frag-Me-CG
i9-wilson-9i

Rules & regulations..

Judging
For each run the drivers will have 10 points shared out between them.
Each battle consists of two runs, one with each driver leading.

Mistakes such as wide lines or a wheel off track will deduct your share, while high angles, close tandems and good lines will increase it.
If the score after the second event is 10-10 (e.g 3-7 in first then 7-3 in second)
then the battle will be repeated.
It's not a drag race! The leader must not use full throttle off the line, as it would not give a slower car a chance to tandem, and would show no sportsmanship.

NO OVERTAKING unless leader falls off track, in which case you wait for the leader to regain his place before continuing the lap.
Four wheels off = 0-10 score to the other driver, but he must still finish the lap. If he then comes off the track the score will go to 5-5. If the driver finishes the lap without drifting it could lower their advantage over the other driver.
A considerable bump = 0-10, just as going off the track. There may be a slight touch during tandems, as long as it is minor and does not effect the other driver's line too much, it would not score you a 0-10, but may decrease your score.
The judge may decide to re-battle if the previous runs are too close to call for deciding a winner.
And most importantly,
JUDGE'S DECISION IS FINAL

Complete bracket....
GTPdrifttournament1.png

*please note Duman is not in this tournament. That name is representing SKR_Kaiser (due to pull out)

Entrants Take note: PSN name to contact for competition is: MrDinosaw94. The private room there is where the tournament will take place. If said username doesn't reply try contacting Haydenmc14. If you again get no response you can have your battle without a judge and send me the replays (if your in EU or AU) or upload to youtube (US or Asia) I will then judge the competition through the replay rather then live. If niether you or your competitor can save or upload & you can't get a hold of either MrDinosaw94 or Haydenmc14 try messaging me through GT Planet. if none of this works your absoloute last resort is FRAG-ME-CG. He should be able to organise something for you. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT FRAG-ME-CG UNLESS THEIR IS NO OTHER OPTION

Entrants Take note: I've seen a few violations to one rule in a couple of battles, waiting for a crashed driver. This rule was in place to allow the other driver to score a few points back after a mistake.
Could all drivers take note of this for round 2 to ensure an even competition.

Last edited:
Seems kind of complicated though you could use a bracket from this :
http://challonge.com/
Without posting a username. What are the rules? Is there car restrictions? how bout Drivetrain restrictions?

how do you plan to make this work with Time Zones and all

Ill be willing to join if there was more information on regulations etc.

I can see how this works including time zones. Though it will take cooperation between the contestants and if they are willing to submit or have a judge on a certain day.

I have set up a Challonge site with info on the current brackets. It will become lives when 16 participants are in

PSN Name: Flmx_DriftNinja
Team: DriftNinja

What is the site with the Brackets ?

PSN Name:geti01
Team:Southern Sliderz
P.S. The only day I am able to compete is sunday...

Ok I am out of the tournament first match :D

You should wait with the brackets till everything is full.
Then do a raffle coes this is not going to work :D

hahaha

Ok I am out of the tournament first match :D

You should wait with the brackets till everything is full.
Then do a raffle coes this is not going to work :D

hahaha

Somebody has to take on the big dogs :) I was thinking about an out of the hate draw but wasn't sure if the grid would fill so I did it this way... Next round will be out the hat

May as well give it a whirl.

PSN Name:Stavingo
Team:Southern Sliderz

Won't be available between the 13-22nd, I'll be on holidays.

Last edited:
Somebody has to take on the big dogs :) I was thinking about an out of the hate draw but wasn't sure if the grid would fill so I did it this way... Next round will be out the hat

Ok cool.

Was just joking anyway.
Always cool to play such good players.

Will Be very keen for next weeks session, hopefully mixing it up with regulations/track.

For future reference, refer below

PSN Name:Ingo1441
Team name: Southern Sliders

Oh, and is there a tyre restriction. It should be comfort hards only in my opinion, to stop whoever has the most grippy tyres from shooting off.

PSN Name: SAi-66
Team: SAIKO^D
Sunday prefered

Last edited:
PSN Name: monsterGAUZ
Team: Team Insane Drift (Team-ID)

Last edited:
PSN Name: Duman079
Team: Team Burst

In prefer drifting in the weekend and against someone with almost the same GMT.

I'm interested to see how this works out. If the first one is good, I'll join the next one. I'm worried about a lack of organization.

Looks like I'm Judging!

Ahha joking it's fine. I can judge more than fairly, and make sure the competitors understand the rules.

Chris.

Ask and you shall recieve, chris. The event is still going ahead (despite some negative talk about organisation on my part.)
If we fill out the draw or not it should still be a great experience. And we will get to see some of the best drifting online, in any game, ever.

Back