GTPlanet H2H Drift Tournament #1 Congrats to SAi-66, final vid's added

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 550 comments

Which version of Suzuka should the tournament be held on (due to popular demand)

• Suzuka Circuit - Complete

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Suzuka Circuit - East

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PSN: RedSuns-Powell
Team: RedSuns
Edit: sorry I got confused. Thought it was the team battle. Sorry

Last edited:
Sorry if im bumping this for no reason but now that you look back on it this was an amazing tournament and should be the model as to how a tournament should be ran

karyuun
Sorry if im bumping this for no reason but now that you look back on it this was an amazing tournament and should be the model as to how a tournament should be ran

Thank you for your kind words. I wish I had the time to do it again because it was a true joy seeing such beautiful drifting and meeting such nice people.

Mh, honestly spank_ur_mom does it the best way. Qualifying at aturday and the whole tournament at sunday. I know we had 16 drivers here but it took a month to do one tournament.

Well true there, Gauz, however the way this comp was run allowed more people to participate because they could do their battles at a time that suited both competitors. They didnt need to be up at the crack of dawn or be up too late at night because the 2 competitors could just organise a time to do the battle, then send the vid into a judge. Connection issues wouldnt play as big a role as there could be just 2 people in the room at a time, this comp was pretty much self sustained. Technically Hayden was only here to make sure everything was in order. After that the comp pretty much ran itself.
Where as the Drop 5 comp (now correct me where needed here as this is just my understanding), Spank needs to overlook every aspect some of it is self sufficient but quali and the main event need Spank present, connection issues would be a problem being 8+ people in the room, and only people who are conviniently located within a couple hours of the timezone or insomniacs could compete comfortably.

Back