GTPlanet H2H Drift Tournament #1 Congrats to SAi-66, final vid's added

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 550 comments

Which version of Suzuka should the tournament be held on (due to popular demand)

• Suzuka Circuit - Complete

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Suzuka Circuit - East

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ask and you shall recieve, chris. The event is still going ahead (despite some negative talk about organisation on my part.)
If we fill out the draw or not it should still be a great experience. And we will get to see some of the best drifting online, in any game, ever.

Well getting a whole bunch of people around the world together for a event has it's challenges. I sent my competitor a private message discussing my available times is that a reasonable custom?

Well getting a whole bunch of people around the world together for a event has it's challenges. I sent my competitor a private message discussing my available times is that a reasonable custom?

That is exactly what i wanted people to do, thanks for being so organised:)

I have posted up a note to all registered drifters regarding the timezone "issue" It should show that this will NOT be a problem.

Hi Dinosaw, nice setup for competition, still your missing date and time so impossible to confirm.

I don't drift with N1 at least with this kind of power, so I won't be joining, speed is a factor so i dont see why N2 or N3 can't join, if it gets too grippy the judges are there right ? Just a sugestion..

I'll let my team know. ;)

Date: 14th & 15th of january(Saturday & Sunday)
exact time must be worked out with your competitor by 13th january at
-1.30am (London),
2.30am (Amsterdam, Berlin, Stockholm),
Noon (Adelaide),
12.30pm (Sydney, Melbourne),
5.30pm (Sacramento),
8.30pm (New York, Toronto, Raleigh)
i will elect a time which i think best suits you both

Suzuka Circuit (Full).
Drifters will have 5 minutes of warm up before each gets 1 lap leading. At the end the Judge's decision is final.

I had to enforce regulations on tyre's as people felt it was neccesary. I'm sorry but i cant change the rules so late in the game.

First post in this forum, i'm really interested

PSN Name: SKR-Kaizer
Team: SAIKO^D

just 2 slots left for week 1. Time's of battles must be in by tomorrow or i will make the times to fit your timezones. I am looking for a couple more judges too, so if you're interested, PM me.

Suzuka normal (i thought people called it suzuka Full) sorry for the distance between replies

Suzuka normal full lap is going to cause some problems and bore a lot of drivers to death imo... that's why D1GP runs the east circuit, since it's short and a full lap is only about 5 turns.

Take me off the list if your actually using the Suzuka Normal circuit.

First post in this forum, I'm very interested on this

PSN Name: SKR-Kaizer
Team: SAIKO^D

SAi, Let's rock!

Suzuka normal full lap is going to cause some problems and bore a lot of drivers to death imo... that's why D1GP runs the east circuit, since it's short and a full lap is only about 5 turns.

East is a better but it may be a little late to completely change it besides I want a challenge. how does one get better without challenging themselves

I will open a poll on this thread asking which of the courses they would prefer. if majority rules with the east circuit, i will change it.. OK?

I will open a poll on this thread asking which of the courses they would prefer. if majority rules with the east circuit, i will change it.. OK?

You are the organizer so it is your rules. Please only change them if you want them changed. It is your competition we are merely competitors

You are the organizer so it is your rules. Please only change them if you want them changed. It is your competition we are merely competitors

True but i want it to be a "by the people, for the people" kind of thing, and if a majority of you want a circuit i will oblige

Are we all doing our battles in one server or organized seperately?

I am happy to do either.

If the second, people will have to pm one of the judges to say when their time is.

Sorry but 1:30am is crazy, I wont be able to make that time.

I am happy to do either.

If the second, people will have to pm one of the judges to say when their time is.

Not 1.30am, 11am... The races will take place in "my lounge" on the MrDinosaw94 PSN account. The reason is that this way judges and people don't have to add an infinite amount of friends. As i have no PSN friends on the Mr Dinosaw account at the moment i figured this way would be the simplest for me and for the competitors who only have to add 1 friend.

I am happy to do either.

I have the same question how will the judges be there to judge. Is their shifts or something and is it ALWAYS in MrDinosaur's server

The way i figure, having it all in one place is the simplest and best way to go about it. As there is just 21 hours before i assign the race times judging shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and if no other judge is available i can always do it.

East is a better but it may be a little late to completely change it besides I want a challenge. how does one get better without challenging themselves

It's not that, it's just so long with straights etc in it i can imagine this going on ages .. plus normal competitions are judged by clipping points, ie: references for the judges to go by.. a full lap on suzuka's normal circuit is just nonsense for a drifting competition at least.

Not 1.30am, 11am... The races will take place in "my lounge" on the MrDinosaw94 PSN account. The reason is that this way judges and people don't have to add an infinite amount of friends. As i have no PSN friends on the Mr Dinosaw account at the moment i figured this way would be the simplest for me and for the competitors who only have to add 1 friend.

Ahh you missed the first 1.
That makes sense, and one judge for each battle would be good, two would just cause arguments imo.

It's not that, it's just so long with straights etc in it i can imagine this going on ages .. plus normal competitions are judged by clipping points, ie: references for the judges to go by.. a full lap on suzuka's normal circuit is just nonsense.

This is true, with so many corners and clipping points it could be hard to judge a winner or it could make it really easy, as the more corner's would bring out skill and style differences as the worse driver's may spin or come off. Its a hard call, thus i'm leaving it up to you guys`

Suzuka full would be dumb for a drift circuit. The only decent drift section is the first section, the rest of the track would just be dull and un-linkable, therefore pointless.

Last edited:
Back