GTPlanet H2H Drift Tournament #1 Congrats to SAi-66, final vid's added

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 550 comments

Which version of Suzuka should the tournament be held on (due to popular demand)

• Suzuka Circuit - Complete

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Suzuka Circuit - East

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Attention,
FRAG_ME_CG, SAI-66, GTP_Keisu & jimmy281090. I am contemplating holding the semi & grand finals all in a row. Ie, FRAG vs SAi followed closely by Keisu vs Jimmy. Then the bronze battle followed closely by the grand final. This would make it be more of a spectacle and a special moment for the winner and runner up, as they have an accomplished crowd watching them. Post what you guys think

Attention,
FRAG_ME_CG, SAI-66, GTP_Keisu & jimmy281090. I am contemplating holding the semi & grand finals all in a row. Ie, FRAG vs SAi followed closely by Keisu vs Jimmy. Then the bronze battle followed closely by the grand final. This would make it be more of a spectacle and a special moment for the winner and runner up, as they have an accomplished crowd watching them. Post what you guys think

Sounds like a cool idea :)

Yeah i'm happy with that.. although i dont have the best connection with you so there may be a slight problem if it is in you're lounge haha

Yeah i'm happy with that.. although i dont have the best connection with you so there may be a slight problem if it is in you're lounge haha

With only one North American and three drivers from Europe/Scandinavia it makes sense to run it from a European room for the best possible connections. Running it on a server based in Australia makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
With only one North American and three drivers from Europe/Scandinavia it makes sense to run it from a European room for the best possible connections. Running it on a server based in a Australia makes no sense at all.

True lol... I think it's a cool idea, and it will allow me to get the GTP D1 show out a heck of a lot quicker. Uforunately it will only feature the quarter finals onward, but the spot on the "tough turn of the week" and "suprise drift car of the week" are both done and looking cool :cool:

Attention,

I want to watch again, got to have another one of those awesome sessions

Attention,

i have no problem with that as long as the event is held on a sunday. unfortunately that's the only day i get a day off out of the entire week

I have no problem with it either as long as we get a time we can all agree on. I'm in the same time zone as SAi if that helps.

lifting the no turbo/supercharger would be nice..might have a chance with keepin up with the rx7's etc lol.. i'm happy with the battle being at anytime aswell. although i may add i might only be available at certain times throughout a sunday! but will try my best

So by my count you all like the idea! That is great news as I was hoping it would be possible from day one. Working out the time may be an issue though.... I would expect it to take about an hour once everyone is in the room. Could I ask that you guys post your preferred times as this is going to be reallytricky for me to work out and this could
make it easier

Well i seen Sai say sunday.. if i have notice a good bit in advance i'd happily make this anytime.. but time difference will be a bitch.. when you are online in the evening i will be on mid day morning.. Sai & Keisu will be on alot earlier than that.. so how would it work.. someone is going to sacrifice a late night or early morning seeion..?

I will be there, come hell, high water or volcano. I don't mind what time i end up with.You & FRAG both live in the UK, whileHKS & Keisu are in the US. This does mean it is difficult for a third extreme (me) but it isn't too bad between the four of you, as the times are only about 9 hours apart.

I plan to have the time organised by this time tomorrow. I would really like to know what time sunday suits everyone. I saw you say anytime sunday Jimmy, but i would prefer to know exactly the best time range for you, so i have numbers to work with.

Post #501 is the big one, ladies and gentlemen. I present to you the time of the semi finals. Be you reminded that all four drivers have agreed to having the semi's, Bronze battle and grand final in one session. This means that it will be an awesome session that may go for well over 1/2 hour. Due to poor connection (on my side) the battles will be held in somebody else's lounge. To reduce lag, recording tackiness and driver distraction i am issuing a "if your'e not there at the start, bad luck" policy. This means that if you want to spectate you must be in the lounge less then ten minutes after the session is opened. If lag occurs due to spectators, the later arrivals will be kicked first. If lag is still present more spectators will be kicked until it dissipates.

So without any further ado here is the battle times...
screenshot20110203at940.png

EDIT: the times say Saturday but it is actually meant to say Sunday My bad ;)
As you can see this is 9.30pm my time (on a school night lol), meaning i may not be able to record it. This is a huge problem and i need someone to back me up if i cant make it. Thankyou to everyone in the battles and everyone who will watch. See you there guys

P.S. If a competitor has a major problem with thier time please message me ASAP

Last edited:
Post #501 is the big one, ladies and gentlemen. I present to you the time of the semi finals. Be you reminded that all four drivers have agreed to having the semi's, Bronze battle and grand final in one session. This means that it will be an awesome session that may go for well over 1/2 hour. Due to poor connection (on my side) the battles will be held in somebody else's lounge. To reduce lag, recording tackiness and driver distraction i am issuing a "if your'e not there at the start, bad luck" policy. This means that if you want to spectate you must be in the lounge less then ten minutes after the session is opened. If lag occurs due to spectators, the later arrivals will be kicked first. If lag is still present more spectators will be kicked until it dissipates.

So without any further ado here is the battle times...
screenshot20110203at940.png

As you can see this is 9.30pm my time (on a school night lol), meaning i may not be able to record it. This is a huge problem and i need someone to back me up if i cant make it. Thankyou to everyone in the battles and everyone who will watch. See you there guys

P.S. If a competitor has a major problem with thier time please message me ASAP

There's always a possibility of having someone record it (AKA SAi) via replay, or you can save the replay, view it later, and record it then. 👍

I'm fine with the time, but I thought SAi said that he could make it only if it was held on Sunday?

Ship!!! My bad, that is supposed to say Sunday LOL!!!
I'll fix it in a few hours and put a message in the OP... Can't believe I stuffed that up ;)

Ship!!! My bad, that is supposed to say Sunday LOL!!!
I'll fix it in a few hours and put a message in the OP... Can't believe I stuffed that up ;)

haha it's no problem. Either way I can make it. This is going to be one hell of a battle. 👍

Can't wait mate! Should be one of the greatest drift sessions in GT5 history, I wish good luck to absolutely everyone involved

Just under 14 hours to the battle's begin. Remember, if your spectating, you have 10 minutes to join the session. Joining afterwards will result in a kick. I am pleased to announce that the N/A regulation is gone for these most important of battles. I again wish the best to all competitors.

If twinturboCH is reading this, how would you like the supreme honour of judging these battles? You are much more experienced then me and have a much finer eye for drifting detail. i'll still be there to record but may have to leave before the Grand Final due to stupid school :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Back