GTPlanet H2H Drift Tournament #1 Congrats to SAi-66, final vid's added

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 550 comments

Which version of Suzuka should the tournament be held on (due to popular demand)

• Suzuka Circuit - Complete

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Suzuka Circuit - East

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whos room is the event going to be held in work got rained off so wouldnt mind watching seeing as though im up nice and early with nothing to do:lol:

I'm here

Well done for SAi winning the first battle. Unfortunately i had to go to school just before the jimmy vs keisu battle :(
I am really p....d off but i'm sure someone got the replays for me

EDIT could someone post the winners on here ASAP

Last edited:
Semi Final and final results

Round 1 Chris VS Sai

Run 1 6-4 To Sai Sai was managing to gain large angle whilst still keeping close to Chris.

Run 2 10-0 To Sai The first corner was where this battle was won Chris didnt manage to slow down and took Sai of the track.

Overall 16-4 To Sai Meaning he was in the final

Round 2 Jimmy VS Keisu

Run 1 5-5 Keisu pulled away to quickly meaning Jimmy did not get the chance to get close , Keisu and Jimmy had very similar lines and taking into account the problems at the start , i had to call this 5-5.

Run 2 10-0 To Keisu Yet again the first corner caused a competitor trouble , Jimmy caught his rear wheels on the outside of the first corner casuing him to spin and void his run.

Overall 15-5 To Keisu Putting him in the final

Round 3 Chris VS Jimmy

Run 1 5-5 Chris did straighten out on one turn but managed to keep close to Jimmy , Jimmy also had a slight off meaning the battle was 5-5.

Run 2 6-4 To Chris Chris Manged to pull away from Jimmy and gain slightly higher angle.

Overall Meaning that Jimmy finished in 4th and Chris Finished in 3rd.

Round 4 (Final) Sai VS Keisu

Run 1 5-5 Keisu was leading but on the first corner he pulled extreme angle causing a great loss of speed , Sai did hit Keisu but he had no other choice there was no way of avoiding contact , so 5-5.

Run 2 7-3 To Sai Sai managed to pull out quite a lead whilst still keeping angle, Keisu had a small off meaning he lost the distance. This meant 7-3 to Sai

Overall
1st Sai
2nd Keisu
3rd Chris
4th Jimmy

A great final and semi final with some very close battles and some unfortunate crashes. Well done to all drivers and congratulations to Sai !!!

Congratulations Sai!!!

Good run Jimmy :)

Dino, I have replays of every run in gt5 data form, could you help find a way for me to send you these files (in folder form).

If someone has a capture card I could send the files to them and they could upload them.

BTW, my first corner was a beast! :)

Chris.

EDIT: okay i've found a solution, it'll be qute complicated and I'll need the email address of whoever i'm sending them to.

Last edited:
Congratulations are in order. Well done SAi-66. He was a forerunner all tournament and has helped greatly in the organisation of tournament 2. Well done mate, you are (at this time) the undisputed king of GT Planet drifting, i salute you!
Well done chris, I believe you can email them as a ZIP folder. I'll PM you my email addrsss

EDIT: Bracket updated, well done once more to SAi and Keisu. I think somebody predicted that grand final a while back..? I'll update the OP when i get home

Just noticed FRAG & SAi's signatures... Well done once more guys. I'm updating the OP in a minute. BTW guys, what prizes are you after? (despite bragging eights ;))

Thanks, gotta love the PSN trophys :) I can't believe that 46 people have signed up for tournament #2... Be interesting to see how many show up for qualifying though

Man, you guys gotta distinguish the difference sooner or later lol.

OP - GTP_Keisu, not GTP_Seigo, and different pic as well

Aaaggh screwed it up...

EDIT: the rightful 2nd place winner is now on the OP, sorry Keisu & Seigo i don't know why i mix you guys up...

Last edited:
Thank you chris for sending the replays, sorry everyone for the delay. The video's of both the bronze battle and the grand final have been added to the OP. I will add the Semis' in about 8 hours time. Thankyou and congratulations once more to all who competed and placed, and good luck to all participating in tournament #2

Back