GTPlanet iRacing World Tour

• Thread starter Jav
  • 101 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will all these races actually be 6, 12, 24, etc hours? Or will it be more like 60, 2.4, etc? I'll shoot off a list, in no particular order.

Oval:

Daytona 500
Coke 600
Indy 500
Firestone 550 (Texas, Indy Car)

Road:

Grand-Am:

Daytona Prototype
Mclaren
Mustang?

24 Hours of Daytona
Grand-Am Barber
Grand-Am Mid Ohio
Grand Am 6 Hours of Watkins Glen
Grand Am Indy
Grand Am Road America
Grand Am Road Atlanta
Grand Am Kansas
Grand Am Laguna Seca
Grand Am Limerock

ALMS:
HPD LMP2
Corvette C6R
Ford GT

ALMS Sebring 12 Hour
ALMS Laguna Seca
ALMS Limerock
ALMS Mosport
ALMS Road America
ALMS Petit Le Mans
ALMS Mid-Ohio
ALMS VIR

World Challenge:
Cadillac CTS-V
Mustang
MX-5
Kia Optima

World Challenge Sonoma
World Challenge Mosport
World Challenge Laguna Seca
World Challenge Mid-Ohio
World Challenge Limerock

Formula 1:

British GP Silverstone
Canadian GP Montreal
Brazil GP Interlagos
Japanese GP Suzuka
Belgian GP Spa

Indy Car:

Indy GP of Alabama Barber
Honda Indy 200 Mid-Ohio
Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma

Nascar:

Watkins Glen Sprint Cup
Watkins Glen Nationwide
Sonoma Sprint Cup
Montreal Nationwide
Mid-Ohio Nationwide
Mosport Trucks

WEC:

HPD LMP2
Ford GT
Mclaren
Corvette C6R?

6 Hours of Silverstone
6 Hours of Spa
6 Hours of Sao Paulo

Other:

Bathrust 1000 (V8 Supercar)
V8 Supercars at Phillip Island
SCCA Run Offs Road America
24 Hours of Spa
24 Hours of Zolder
13 Hours of Virginia
Loving the way you think Mac!
I'm pondering getting into oval racing more, I'd enjoy a oval race every month :)

That would be a good idea, but at the moment we have more road racers than oval racers so if we could keep the content cost to a minimum I feel it would be better for the Tour.

Ok, up to 12 events now. Let me know what you guys think! I'd like to get more Continental Challenge type events in there instead of keep on adding Grand Am Rolex and ALMS/WEC ones, how do you guys feel about this?
Ofcourse Pettit is still missing and it's going to be there, just haven't gotten there yet...

Jav
Ok, up to 12 events now. Let me know what you guys think! I'd like to get more Continental Challenge type events in there instead of keep on adding Grand Am Rolex and ALMS/WEC ones, how do you guys feel about this?
Ofcourse Pettit is still missing and it's going to be there, just haven't gotten there yet...

I'd like to see something like that as well. :)

polarbear345
Possibly a indycar road race?

For the sports car types, maybe a caddy/mustang race?

World Challenge ;)

Ok, so for the Zolder 24 date we can go with the Kia/Mustang/MX5/Sol, the BTCC perhaps if it's done by then... Definitely late in the year the Ruf will be out and find itself on the calendar!

It will be more like 2.4 hours right? And according to Kevin Bobbit the Kia won't be out for awhile.

depending on the driver swaps functionality we will decide the lenght of the races. Right now they are advertised as 80 minute races for the endurance ones. The Conti one is 60 minute.
Ofcourse all subject to change.

Ok, 15 events right now taking us trough august. Please look at them tell me what you guys think and please post up any suggestions for events from September on.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm assuming since the races are held on Saturdays that they will be held during the day?

SpecMiata-JSW
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm assuming since the races are held on Saturdays that they will be held during the day?

I believe we are looking to do it around 8pm est

Nothing concrete on the time slot guys, this is for everyone and we want to get the most participants possible! 20GMT might be a good time slot for everyone.

World Challenge at the Rock? Interesting choice of track.

Lol! Lime Rock that is, no one reads the fine print!!!
:P

20 GMT won't work for me, but no worries, I can never participate in these types of events due to family stuff. I miss out on all the cool 'real events' that iRacing hosts, plus all the good SOF races. I'm used to it now though.

If the sun is up and my little boy is awake I'm not on the rig. My wife says so. :)

Cheers!

Pirelly world challenge? :P Never heard of that...
Depending on the time slot ill participate in a few of these, should be fun. I'm not gonna purchase a new car just for 1 event though, so ill stick to ones that I own.

My participation in this and any GTP event we want to run will be strongly dictated by my school/work schedule. At least for the next few months until i graduate, but after that its game on! I hope i can make the Okayama race this weekend though, its been a while since ive run a meaningful race on this service. The pick up races are fun, but i joined to do real endurance events.

Don't know if anyone has said anyting about Road America.

August 8 - 11
GRAND-AM / American Le Mans Series

left888
Don't know if anyone has said anyting about Road America.

August 8 - 11
GRAND-AM / American Le Mans Series

I can't wait for the season to start up, less than 2 weeks woohoo!

Why do you allow one fast tow.. I could understand it in a shorter race, but pit stops is part of endurance races. A repair stop could play into tactics and make it a challenge.. fast tow reminds me of GT5..

Only reason is because the official World Tour allows one, I'm fine by taking it away. But I'd like to keep it fun fir everyone so even if they crash they don't rage quit because of getting hit with a 10 minute repair. They will still get anywhere between 1-3 minute tow...

Oh OK, I just thought the fun part was the realistic part of it.

And if anyone rage quit because of a 10 minute repair, well maybe that guy shouldn't be there in the first place ;)

With races that last that long 10 minutes isn't really that hard of a penalty. Long race and things can happen to everyone.. And it's part of endurance races in my opinion. But if people need a fast tow to have fun, let it stay on then. And they can rage quit on their second incident instead :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back