GTPlanet Racing Team is now open for business!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 668 comments
That Daytona practice race was a disaster, out first driver got in an accident and we had like 40 minutes of repairs. Then I got in the car and it blew up on the banking on my second lap out of the pits :lol:. Wasn't our day for sure.

Yeah for sure :lol:. The car today was surprisingly still good. I guess being a prototype the body panels repair more easily. I saw some of the gt's today all bent up. We somehow got no engine damage at all after every repair the car was back to normal but any little bump hurt top speed. I had a small wall bump with the front end and Adam had a small bump in the rear right before I got on and it looked fine on camera but each time we were 3-4mph off and at Le Mans that's magnified with all the straights.

To make it worse Stefan just text me and he got wrecked by a GT car and another 16 mins of repair. I think it's best call it a day after that. Just not our day today it seems :(.

Yeah what Jason said, a GT car I was passing overshot the Porsche Curves and sent me flying into the wall. We were still 2nd to last at that point. I really don't know what else to do haha

Yeah, I just logged on and the car was sitting in pits available to drive. Took it for 2 laps and figured, meh whats the point lol.

I am pretty keen to do a Blancpain endurance race @Aderrrm do you normally race in the time slot where we we scheduled for the end of the race? If so, that suits me, too, if you wanted to do a race together.

I am pretty keen to do a Blancpain endurance race @Aderrrm do you normally race in the time slot where we we scheduled for the end of the race? If so, that suits me, too, if you wanted to do a race together.

Sure. It was pretty early in the morning for me being a weekend, but I could make it work as long as I have the track. My iRacing subscription ends in a month until I renew for Daytona.

Sure. It was pretty early in the morning for me being a weekend, but I could make it work as long as I have the track. My iRacing subscription ends in a month until I renew for Daytona.

If you need to renew soon might want to see what deals are available on Black Friday next month. They raised the subscription price a little while back and seems they have done away with the buy 2 years for the price of 1 deal. Mine doesn't run out until next August but I'm going to try and renew next month during the Black Friday deals if they have them again.

Yeah the 24hr races are tough. We didn't make it far into the practice Daytona 24hr like I said, lot of repairs and a lowly finish in the 1st Daytona, couple of the other guys here did Sebring 12hr but didn't make it to far in I don't think and then finally this year's Daytona I started it nearly last and we finished 6th. Just seems to be more attrition on the smaller tracks. Le Mans is so long and wide very few people were out of the race nearly half way through. Just gets so spread out after a while makes it tough to gain once your down.

Yeah, no doubt a clean start (and then some) is huge in these events. You almost gotta just set your mind - to just ride - at a decent pace and stay defensive / clean (as possible) and let others make their mistakes and move up that way. Then see how things are panning out toward the end.

When I ran Sebring with another team we managed 5th with that sort of mindset. We did have some minor issues and inc's, we just worked through em' as a team and made it to the end.

Also, I didn't realize till late yesterday they only had one time slot. Which is good and bad. Good because, the way it was before, the 1st slots were mainly used for practice and or they were aka "crash out no prob...we got another slot to follow up on", and few would go to the end in the 1st slot. And uh, bad because you can't do that with just one slot lol

Seems with only one time slot it would be a good idea to try and enter a car in two different splits. That way if one had a terrible start (as in almost useless to continue) there would be another the team could focus on to try and finish the race. I say, "two diff splits" because a driver can't enter a different car in the same split after start.

Do they even do the Blancpain team series any more? Can't seem to find it.

Here is the iR Forum thread about the Blancpain GT3 Series. It has links to the schedules (WC and Pro):

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3498023.page

IMG_2301.JPG

Mercedes GT3... here we come...

Likely so. I don't really drive the GT3 cars but saw today there was patch to level the BOP on them but the Mercedes looks like the best choice of the 3 listed. Once the new build comes out then it will be easier to make a decision and start practicing. Not really to much need to start now as it's best to see what the new build brings.

Is it too late to join?

No you can join at any time just send a team request on Iracing. The Daytona 24hr will likely be the next event we do. If we get enough people we can run multiple teams there is currently 2 teams setup all ready I believe an A and B team.

Likely so. I don't really drive the GT3 cars but saw today there was patch to level the BOP on them but the Mercedes looks like the best choice of the 3 listed. Once the new build comes out then it will be easier to make a decision and start practicing. Not really to much need to start now as it's best to see what the new build brings.

Yeah, I saw the BoP info as well, I hope it holds true. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet. The Mercedes has been stable out of the box. Even though it wasn't my 1st choice it's over-all performance won me over. I was easily quicker than my BMW times at Daytona in an earlier test. So, if the BoP info is true, it should be even better!

But, yeah, of course...the new build could screw everything up! So, practice is fine, I agree though, no need to be concerned of trying to nail down a set for January. I'm trying to get more seat time. Usually, when I'm limited with time, I just try to find something stable (as far as a set goes) and work on clean consistent laps.

So... any teammates willing to join me for the Daytona 24? I would think I have a couple of team offers so I have no idea what team to join...

So... any teammates willing to join me for the Daytona 24? I would think I have a couple of team offers so I have no idea what team to join...

I'm sure once it gets closer to the race more people will post up. I would like to run with some of guys I've ran with before. Hopefully we can have enough interested to run two teams so guys like yourself that hasn't ran with the team yet can team up.

I'm sure once it gets closer to the race more people will post up. I would like to run with some of guys I've ran with before. Hopefully we can have enough interested to run two teams so guys like yourself that hasn't ran with the team yet can team up.

I would assume it's close enough to start forming teams... we're going to need the time to practice!

Also we need someone to paint cars... I'm useless at doing that though...

I would assume it's close enough to start forming teams... we're going to need the time to practice!

Also we need someone to paint cars... I'm useless at doing that though...

Yeah I was just thinking its about that time. It kinda crept up on me didn't realize it really until I saw a tweet from Iracing saying it's only 22 days out.

Need to figure out which gt3 car to use. I assume the Mercedes but I don't keep up with them that much as far as which one is the fastest. I'll start doing some testing this week. I'm sure Stefan will be down just need to see about some others.

Far as the paint goes we can try and get something together. I don't do any painting either so need to find someone to do one for us. Also would have to get up with Jav because since he started the team he's the only one that can change the team paint.

I assume the Mercedes but I don't keep up with them that much as far as which one is the fastest. I'll start doing some testing this week. I'm sure Stefan will be down just need to see about some others.

I would say go with the Mercedes... really fun car to drive (although really unstable under hard braking!).

How do I join this? I can potentially have a local team of three, as I have two friends who would join me for it at my PC. If not, I am happy to join someone else.

How do I join this? I can potentially have a local team of three, as I have two friends who would join me for it at my PC. If not, I am happy to join someone else.

You can send a request to join the team or send me your Iracing name and I can send an invite I believe. Do your friends have accounts as well or be using your account? Reason I ask is that there is a minimum drive time for each person called the fair share rule so if everybody on your end is racing under your name it likely won't be enough to meet the fair share. I would like to see if we have enough for two teams as there are two teams setup all ready that way we could have the new guys to the team like yourself and Mike for example on one team and guys like me and Stefan that have done a few races together on the main team.

I'm unable to compete unfortunately, I'll be on holiday with my family.

Ah man that's a bummer maybe next time 👍.

You can send a request to join the team or send me your Iracing name and I can send an invite I believe. Do your friends have accounts as well or be using your account? Reason I ask is that there is a minimum drive time for each person called the fair share rule so if everybody on your end is racing under your name it likely won't be enough to meet the fair share. I would like to see if we have enough for two teams as there are two teams setup all ready that way we could have the new guys to the team like yourself and Mike for example on one team and guys like me and Stefan that have done a few races together on the main team.

Ah man that's a bummer maybe next time 👍.

Unfortunately my friends do not have accounts although they are more than competent to compete. My iRacing name is JPW Ringwood

If I have to race on my own and enter with someone else, I am more than willing.

Last edited:
By which I mean, I'm happy to race with a team on here without my friends locally.

That sounds good. I haven't been online yet this week so when I get on I'll send you a team invite. I'm just kinda playing it by ear right now about the race. I talked to Stefan and he will likely race but had already talked to a couple of his friends about doing so I might just end up running it with them.

Back