GTPlanet Racing Team is now open for business!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 668 comments
Thanks Dan. Sorry about taking so long to accept the request. I honestly just saw it earlier today when punknoddle sent his. Jav made everyone admin so if one of the other guys looked at it but didn't accept then the little green message light doesn't come up anymore. I haven't been on that much lately either and we do very few team events so I'm not on the team page very much. Maybe the next one you can join us.

Best of luck to you guys! My team will be fielding a Ford, hopefully we'll be successful in the top split!

Thanks and good luck to you as well. Congrats on the podiums at COTA in the super trofeo series. I was watching and pulling for ya to get the win. 👍

Great stuff, really looking forward to this. I've always used the pit limiter function so no problem there. I have a mic too so will be able to communicate no problem on the team channel.

Who's qualifying? :)

Whoever starts the race is what qualifying time they take. I've never bothered with qualifying for these 24 hr races as I think it's better to start in the back or pits because don't want to get taken out on the first lap. Plus it was open qualifying so basically you have to have bunch of teammates to draft off of so unless you go through all that it's pointless honestly.

Just turned my pc on about to get registered.

Do we have to register too? Or can we just jump in when it's our stint? Can't remember how it works. EDIT: I've registered anyway.

By the way I prefer not to use a mic so will be on the team chat.

Time for me to go to bed, good luck for the start of the start of the race 👍

I'll try to log on for a couple of mins in the morning before work to see how it's going.

It's best just for the person starting to register as you can just get in when it's time for your stint. It's ok that you registered but now it's going to average our irating to determine what split we are in where as of its just one person it goes solely off their irating.

Ok guys in the race room now. We are starting 36th out of 36 hpds lol. That's fine though. Must have just barely gotten into this split then. Fine by me then I can take it slow the first few laps and let the traffic settle. No gt2 cars in this split just hpd's and GT1's.

It's best just for the person starting to register as you can just get in when it's time for your stint. It's ok that you registered but now it's going to average our irating to determine what split we are in where as of its just one person it goes solely off their irating.

It's now not giving me an option to join your session via you. It only gives me an option to watch or spot for you.

The race isn't visible on the race panel at the top either.

EDIT: think I've fixed it. @MadRR if I join your session it won't interrupt what you're doing will it? I'll just be able to watch and hop on when it's my stint?

Last edited:
It's now not giving me an option to join your session via you. It only gives me an option to watch or spot for you.

The race isn't visible on the race panel at the top either.

EDIT: think I've fixed it. @MadRR if I join your session it won't interrupt what you're doing will it? I'll just be able to watch and hop on when it's my stint?

No you can hop in and watch. If your in here through the team like as if you were racing just don't hit the get in car button if you happen to be in whenever I'm in the pits.

About 15 mins to go in practice. Can already tell GT traffic is going to be tough as they aren't really that much slower in the straights just through the first couple of corners and the fast back section so be careful if they are only a couple seconds in front of you through those sections as you will run up on them pretty fast.

OK guys just finished my stint. Started 36th and I got up to 19th right before the end of the first fuel run. Unfortunately I had 2 self spins towards the end of the first fuel run both in the last 90 degree right hander. Slow speed and I didn't hit anything so no car damage luckily but lost ton of spots. I pitted right after the 2nd one with about 3 laps of fuel left. With about 5 laps left in the 2nd fuel run I spun trying not to hit a GT car then jumped a curb in the last chicane trying not to hit another when he chopped my nose off so got some damage so I went ahead and pitted early again.

Then on the 3rd fuel run I believe about half way through I got greedy on the throttle coming out of the first chicane on the back stretch because I was about .7 up on my best lap and had a half spin and got into the wall. It knocked the right side of the front end off so I had to pit as it was really slow after that. Was about 38 secs of damage repair then back out again. Car was still good but had another half spin right before back stretch and bumped the wall but no damage it seemed. Think maybe the front splitter got a little damage because I was slower on the straights and was doing a couple of secs slower lap times than I had been doing before. All in all much more eventful than I hoped for considering I spun once I think in the whole Daytona 24 hr's. When I gave the car off to Stefan we were in 27th or so don't remember exactly. We are in the 6th split out of 9 total which is kinda a bummer for me considering we started last I figured we might be around the 3rd split. At least the car still seems to be ok but all in all pretty bummed about my performance considering my best laps were some 2 Secs off the leaders and had all those spins so that made it worse. Maybe as the race goes on there will be more retirements and we can move up.

Also to get into the race room go to the team tab and click on my team sessions then my sessions and you should see where to join.

Updated Schedule:
1pm - 3pm - SMarinak, Stefan Marinak
3pm - 5pm - Aderrrm, Adam Suswillo
5pm - 8pm - MadRR, Jason Williams3
8pm - 12am - SMarinak, Stefan Marinak
12am - 3am - MadRR, Jason Williams3
3am - 4am - Punknoodle, Nick Winsor
4am - 6am - Aderrrm, Adam Suswillo
6am - 8am - Punknoodle, Nick Winsor
8am - 10am - Aderrrm, Adam Suswillo

At least we've moved up! I watched you for 2 laps about an hour in and saw you had 2 spins coming up on some GT traffic. I think it's best to try and overtake the GT cars after the corner and focus on a better corner exit to overtake them, it seemed like you wanted to overtake the GT cars before the corner and got caught out when the apex came up quickly. But you've drove for 3 hours so I can't talk yet. :D 👍

Well guys, I put us way behind. My screen froze coming out of the second inner loop for like 3-4 seconds and I got us 16 minutes of required repairs. Really sorry. I have no idea what caused it.

Well guys, I put us way behind. My screen froze coming out of the second inner loop for like 3-4 seconds and I got us 16 minutes of required repairs. Really sorry. I have no idea what caused it.

Want me to driver change with you now?

Just rebooting the session. My iTunes wanted me to update it as soon as I entered and windowed my iRacing window...

Last edited:
Well guys, I've made a mistake. had a GT car wandering in the middle of the Esses, tried to go around but touched the grass and scraped the wall. Wasn't that hard a hit but now we have 16 mins repairs... don't think it's our night.:ouch::indiff:

That's a bummer but it happens. If the car isn't down on straight line speed I'll still hop back in it at 5 but if we are significantly down on power it's pretty miserable to drive like that. The first Daytona 24 we did we were down on power before I even got in for the 3rd stint and it just keeps getting worse as the race goes on and the straights here are much longer that Daytona of course. Just let me know. if we have to call it a race then it is what it is.

Man, sounds like our Daytona run a couple years ago. Hope things getc better for you guys as the race goes on

That's a bummer but it happens. If the car isn't down on straight line speed I'll still hop back in it at 5 but if we are significantly down on power it's pretty miserable to drive like that. The first Daytona 24 we did we were down on power before I even got in for the 3rd stint and it just keeps getting worse as the race goes on and the straights here are much longer that Daytona of course. Just let me know. if we have to call it a race then it is what it is.

The car felt fine when I took over, wasn't down on power. Got settled in and then this GT car goes from the inside of a right hander and starts wandering over to the middle. :S we were 10 laps down when I took over, will be 15 by the time these repairs are done.

Well that's good at least but it's kinda whatever at this point. Just seems like one thing after another and only a few hours in. Just text Stefan and told
him and he was fine with calling it a day since so much has happened but it's whatever.

Just checked in on Adam and he's running 36's and 37's so the car is still in good shape even though we are 15 laps down. I'll still plan on taking over from him and see from there.

Just checked in on Adam and he's running 36's and 37's so the car is still in good shape even though we are 15 laps down. I'll still plan on taking over from him and see from there.

I'd like to still continue. We're not even a third into the race yet and I'm sure Punk wants a run out :)

Yeah I would :) takes the pressure off a little bit because I was worried I was going to let you guys down, I'm not lapping in the 37 second range like you guys... more like 41+

Alright guys just finished my 2nd stint. Went ok was able to run some mid 36's & 37's when I wasn't in traffic. Caught up and passed a few cars and ran with the 2nd & 3rd place cars for a whole fuel run. Speed is good we are just so many laps down. 16 laps to the leader and 4 to the next closest position. With the track being so long and wide I just don't think we have a chance in making up many if any positions. At Daytona it's so much smaller and narrow there is cars nearly all the way around once it spreads out so more attrition but the last 5 hours we have stayed the same and nearly halfway done.

After 6 hours already I'm not really trying to run again and stay up to 3am to stay in last in nearly the bottom split. Stefan is out there now and said he doesn't mind doing the 4 hours until 12 am if someone else can take over you guys can finish it out when he is done or if you want to earlier I can text him and let him know. Hate to quit early but registering at 8:30 driving 6 hours and running last multiple laps down for hours I'm just kinda over it. If we were in a more competitve position I wouldn't mind going again but almost half way through and nearly everyone is still going so I don't see us making up any more spots really.

If you want to end it don't feel bad about it, I'm not going to be too upset. Not terribly comfortable with the combination anyway

Wow! Sorry to see it hasn't gone so well thus far. A 24 hour endurance race is tough, no doubt! Expectations were high and disappointment is tough after all the preparations!

I'm sure others will have their mishaps and some positions can be gained...it's all a matter of what you want to try to achieve from this point on.

No shame in parking it. And no shame in just riding around to collect laps and fun.

If you want to end it don't feel bad about it, I'm not going to be too upset. Not terribly comfortable with the combination anyway

I do feel bad about stopping early especially because you haven't had a chance yet because I know how that feels. Before the first Daytona 24hr they did a practice race the weekend before and I was 3rd in line to run and the car was totaled before I got a chance to run. If you just want to do some laps in the race I'm sure after Stefan is done you can hop in the car whenever you want I would imagine.

I don't know if it was because I was looking at it during Stefan's run or because all the repairs but the setup was all jacked up. I loaded the right one of course and it felt fine driving with good lap times, but the ride height all the way around were to high to pass inspection and the 3rd spring gap was over a inch higher than originally set. I even went into a practice room to double check and everything was right with the setup so that was weird.

Wow! Sorry to see it hasn't gone so well thus far. A 24 hour endurance race is tough, no doubt! Expectations were high and disappointment is tough after all the preparations!

I'm sure others will have their mishaps and some positions can be gained...it's all a matter of what you want to try to achieve from this point on.

No shame in parking it. And no shame in just riding around to collect laps and fun.

Yeah the 24hr races are tough. We didn't make it far into the practice Daytona 24hr like I said, lot of repairs and a lowly finish in the 1st Daytona, couple of the other guys here did Sebring 12hr but didn't make it to far in I don't think and then finally this year's Daytona I started it nearly last and we finished 6th. Just seems to be more attrition on the smaller tracks. Le Mans is so long and wide very few people were out of the race nearly half way through. Just gets so spread out after a while makes it tough to gain once your down.

That Daytona practice race was a disaster, out first driver got in an accident and we had like 40 minutes of repairs. Then I got in the car and it blew up on the banking on my second lap out of the pits :lol:. Wasn't our day for sure.

Back