GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Typical TSM. Do not ever take any of their announcements at toy shows seriously. It would take them at least three years until you can actually buy one.

While I sit here, sadfaced. :(
Sadly I had to leave over 3/4 of my models with my mom when I moved, due to space and the fact my new apartment is on the 3rd floor and I have a roommate. So I just got most of the important ones, and might get a couple more next time I visit my mom.

I've seen them on ebay quite often. I considered it, but they seem....quite off. Considering the "Bugatl" on the window. :lol: I did buy an LFA from them. Didn't seem too bad, but does somewhat bug me that it had the Nurburgring wing, but no splitter/canards. MR Collections makes a legit VGT. I'm sure it's....not exactly cheap.
15319274_1180194705410877_7604619728132566722_n.jpg

15338627_1180194625410885_8220756121693924915_n.jpg

I'd get the Bugatl if it was 1/24 or 1/18. 1/32 cars are rarely collectible.

lol, you and your constant buying and selling...
I still have yet to sell a single model :sly:
Although, it sucks having less models with me due to moving. And unfortunately I left my IG NSX at my mom's house. Might have her bring it next time she comes up to visit me. Anyway I ordered my first model since moving, which should be here later this week :drool:

Yeah dude. Still working on that impulse purchase thing.

My only excuse with the NSX is that the wheels didn't look too big in the photos. To me at least. Also it turns out I lose interest in paint that isn't at least metallic, and doesn't make up for it in other attractive accessories or liveries.

Also, I'm willing to sell it off if it help pay off the D-Type. Grabbed it off a local for only $800! 800 CAD! no shipping, no conversion, no taxes, AND no assembly!

From the Avalon Airshow:
IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4950.JPG

$55 is a bit steep but Herpa Wings models are almost impossible to find in Australia. Do I regret my purchase? Nope. This aircraft has such an interesting story. Does look kinda goofy though...

IMG_20170305_220632.jpg

Just casually posting a pic of some scale models.

I need to recreate a 1:18 motorcycle in Solidworks. So I bought the Maistos' Ducati Hypermotard 1100S and Ducati Sport 1000. For scale my girlfriend's 1:6 Newray Ducati 998 Testastretta.

Maisto's making Vision GT cars.
20170220_120735.jpg

Wonder what other VGT cars they'll make other than the Merc and Nissan.

The Mercedes is a popular target for Vision GT diecasts, isn't it? Same goes for the Nissan, because Japan, America and Europe all rendered it in scale model form at some point...

This "Gaming Series" bit must also be a new Maisto series. Searching for it in Google doesn't produce many results...

The Mercedes is a popular target for Vision GT diecasts, isn't it? Same goes for the Nissan, because Japan, America and Europe all rendered it in scale model form at some point...

This "Gaming Series" bit must also be a new Maisto series. Searching for it in Google doesn't produce many results...

The Lamley group posted it up from the New York Toy Fair.

Lamley Group Toy Fair Coverage

Also hope my local TRU will update their Ferrari collection with the new 1/24 FXXK. After seeing it on Top Gear, I think I may need a model of one.
20170220_120122.jpg

I am planning on buying more models but not sure which scale?

I have 2 1/18 but like 6 1/24 including model kits.

Factor in long-term things. What will you do with the 2 versus the 6? Will you have sufficient space? If you in 15 years had to give up one of these scales, which one would you rather let go of first? Are you sure you're not just caught up in a fad right now? Will I have time to build these kits, and will I honestly give a turd to do so down the road? If I had both and lost interest in 1/18s AND 1/24 kits because something else cooler came into my life and keep me distracted from these cars, which one would I regret buying less?

Make up more scenarios for yourself that apply to you and your tendencies. And don't sit on the fence with your answers either.

Back