GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
I need more LM cars...
IMG_1038s.jpg

(Missing 5 that are at my mom's house)

I recall someone saying that BBR screwed something up about that car. Not the model-making or materials, but getting the accuracy correct or something.

I think you should put your money on Ignition.
Good to know, thanks! If Ignition is making an LM version of the F40, them I'm definitely interested.

Hey man, 140 pcs. That's good resell value!
I don't buy to resell, but I'll grab the F50 if I can if it's not too hard to find or outrageously expensive. One of my very first 1/18 scale models was a yellow F50. A Maisto, and I still have it.

A yellow Maisto F50 was my 2nd or 3rd 1/18 as well. Although, I do not think the IG F50 will be 1/18, since it only specifies the F40's will have 1/18 versions in that pic. I do know LookSmart plans a 1/18 F50 though, which will be around the same price as an IG with similar levels of detail. Who knows when it will come out though...

I don't buy to resell

None of us collectors do primarily, but it's not a bad idea to consider the possibility of having things you like that also appreciate in value. Do more for yourself!

Think the only one I bought more so for future value than personal like was that VLT Porsche.

Did some arranging...
IMG_1040s.jpg

IMG_1041s.jpg

IMG_1042s.jpg

IMG_1044s.jpg

Only model not on display that I have with me is my old AUTOart Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, which will get displayed with my Top Marques JGC SRT-8 whenever I bring it from my mom's house. Also the black shelf with the fancy Fords will be getting a sheet of clear plastic to help keep dust out. Just gotta figure out a way to attach it easily. Also gotta get more transparent cases for future arrivals.

I'm interested in these cases too, since I am having space issue.(just like most collectors are) Where did you get them from venom?

MSZ
I'm interested in these cases too, since I am having space issue.(just like most collectors are) Where did you get them from venom?
The big 12 car cases I got from a company called Carney Plastics, which makes display cases in various sizes. http://www.carneyplastics.com/home
The smaller 2 car cases I got from Hobby Lobby, a chain of hobby and craft stores here in the US. The black shelf I got from Walmart.

Awesome collection there, Venom! I have 2 of those 12 car Carney cases myself, but I'm looking for alternatives. One of them arrived with broken latches and the center divider was cracked, but keeping the broken latches at the bottom made it work for now.

A friend of mine who does woodworking as a hobby promised to build something for me, I've just been working on designing it. Thinking of a shelf that holds 50 cars and some glass doors while keeping it sealed from dust. But for now, all my cars are in boxes as I prepare to move.

If I lived closer to an Ikea, I probably would get some of their glass door display cases, which ain't very expensive and can hold a lot of cars. For now though, I might buy one more of the 12 car Carney cases, since they are rather compact and easy to fit in my apartment.

If I lived closer to an Ikea, I probably would get some of their glass door display cases, which ain't very expensive and can hold a lot of cars. For now though, I might buy one more of the 12 car Carney cases, since they are rather compact and easy to fit in my apartment.

Thanks for the link man, these cases are more expensive than I thought.

I have a couple of those Ikea cabinets myself, I recommend the Klingsbo line, those can definitely hold a lot of stuff inside and they are cheap.

Speaking of IKEA, I really like the "Detolf" cabinet, but I wish it had more shelves. Klingsbo is nice, too. I will have to make the journey to my nearest IKEA an hour away to check them out in person. Last time I went, I wasn't too thrilled about the large gaps in the glass, my current house is old and dusty.

detolf-glass-door-cabinet-brown__72928_PE189178_S4.JPG

Speaking of IKEA, I really like the "Detolf" cabinet, but I wish it had more shelves. Klingsbo is nice, too. I will have to make the journey to my nearest IKEA an hour away to check them out in person. Last time I went, I wasn't too thrilled about the large gaps in the glass, my current house is old and dusty.

DX members all got Detolfs and extra shelves added. I don't know if you can do that at Canadian IKEAs, but it's possibly worth trying.

I was at IKEA the other day, and I do find myself liking these:

fabrikor-glass-door-cabinet-gray__0177051_PE329681_S4.JPG

FABRIKÖR @ $200.

It's got a retro styling which I think would look perfect with Vintage chrome-loaded cars... like CMCs and snoot.

Though I'm starting to lean more on wall shelves like this:

skogsta-wall-shelf__0365484_PE548256_S4.JPG

...only because I like the modular-aspect of using individual acrylic cases to move cars, and to make use of vertical space rather than reserving floor space for a display unit.

I almost bought that for 50 and now I'm thinking of going back to get it.

Kept my models in storage the past 4 years. Having just built a new home I'm now in the process of modifying a built in wardrobe as follows. Led light strip will run the full length of the door along the inner frame for illumination.

Can't wait till it's ready!
john 1.jpg

This is what a GS Model Huracan looks like.

17758512_1880684045506121_1743319009922275254_o.jpg

The sample photos they had earlier this year showed white spokes.... but it was actually like this with every other spoke coloured white. So it gave the impression it was like a 12-spoke whirlwind design, but now it's like a turbine.

Did a count on the amount of money spent in this scale of cars. Not counting the first three Ignitions, the Shelby and all the ones I bought for "modding", $9000. After letting that hit me I'm going to be re-evaluating that tiny wishlist some more.

In other news, Top Marques posted more photos... it still doesn't look correct:

17855512_1492770597422131_5929014573740178717_o.jpg

17855461_1492770877422103_938955628984737742_o.jpg

Thoughts?

Did a count on the amount of money spent in this scale of cars. Not counting the first three Ignitions, the Shelby and all the ones I bought for "modding", $9000. After letting that hit me I'm going to be re-evaluating that tiny wishlist some more.

I spent way more than that.

88f0f2bf2507cf431bf6b63e9f15a4e5b4205bd1ce57f995016c5e75265093a5.jpg

I am sure I am well over 9000. Probably more like $20,000 spent over 20 years. Also ordered more models...

Also, while that Impreza looks nicely detailed, it seems to be a bit TOO low, even for a tarmac rally.

*EDIT*
Looking at it some more, the rear also looks kinda funky, like, it is swept back too much. I wish i had my AA Impreza 22B to compare it to, but unfortunately that 400 miles away...

Last edited:
Great. Been on the fence about starting a collection of Subaru rally cars and I come here and see that. :lol:

I agree, it looks a bit low, that's the first thing I noticed. Otherwise, not bad.

Back