GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,735 comments
Off to Japan in a month. I'm more the 1:43 collector with certain feature 1:18's. Anywhere in Tokoyo/Osaka/Kyoto I should check out?

Not my picture b/c I'm horrible at taking pics. Received it yesterday, got this as a gift for my older brother. The details are stunning.

porsche-956-lh-le-mans-1984-view-01.jpg

Yes, HPI used to make some damn fine 1/43 and 1/18 models. I have several myself and they are among my favorites. After HPI shut down their model division (due to HPI having financial issues), the bulk of the staff started Ignition Models. Some of the IG models were originally supposed to be HPI models, namely the Group C Nissans and some others that I can't remember. Also, IG's are made exactly the same way as the resin HPI's were, and even use nearly identical cases (IG covers theirs with faux leather tho)
Anyway this HWE showed up:
IMAG1188_1s.jpg

Hahaha you guys are really teasing and tempting me to get another one. That benz looks so good with all those tiny details.

MSZ, I was thinking of it until the seller increased the price right after I bought it so... I got the porsche for $40 USD shipped from Europe with a Porsche Museum gift wrap on the parcel and another porsche chrome art gift wrap on the box itself. This kind of packing I have not seen before on ebay, it was truly special. I'll show you guys the wraps when I take pics.

Did you just turn a closet into a niche????

If I'm understanding right then yes. Didn't have much of an option with the builder during construction so decided to let them build the closet and I would convert it into a display cabinet after.

You sir just earned yourself two Likes.

I never thought of converting in-built storage real estate into display space as a space solution.

Trick is to ask for a lot more and "compromise" I lobbied for a bigger garage and a car hoist but those didn't happen. I got an extra "room" that I have free reign in instead so I can't complain.

Solid grills? Actually perforated rotors? Metal or plastic rotors? Plastic body, ya?

Actually bright orange or photoshop? :P

Solid grills? Actually perforated rotors? Metal or plastic rotors? Plastic body, ya?

Actually bright orange or photoshop? :P

The first pic is the cloest to the real paint, sorry about the full-auto-mode. LOL

Diecast shell, solid mesh on the front, mostly perforated mesh behind C pillar(yes you can actually see stuff inside.) Rotors are solid plastic but they all look convincing. Pretty good engine depth in comparison to the Kyosho Huracan.

Overall the money - quality ratio is pretty damn good for this release.

Yeah I'd say. The edges around the headlights seem to be without flaws too. That's a very well done job there 👍

The doorline looks shut. I'm guessing it's sealed, just like its 1/64 counterpart:

McLaren%2B650S%2BCoupe_1.jpg

McLaren%2B650S%2BCoupe_3.jpg

McLaren%2B650S%2BCoupe_2.jpg

Plot twist: This is actually a 650 LT.

The lack of depth to the panel lines is about the only problem I have with the Kyosho 675LT. Haven't decided on if I will get the Kyosho diecast or the TSM Top Speed resin yet...
Also I have 4 more 1/18's on the way. I really need to slow down...

Back