GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,735 comments
I really like that GT1. Nearly got one myself, but I've recently decided to sell of my entire race car collection (which isn't much anyways) to focus on road cars.

30714859_956360184528083_563322694549228499_n.jpg

30723547_956360241194744_6526931837202623338_n.jpg

30738884_956360281194740_5712066657406088003_n.jpg

30727834_956360341194734_403276146079214828_n.jpg

It's another one of those 1/43 limited edition ones, but being at 140 pcs., that's about the average number of most of their models.

I just noticed the perforated grills.... at 1/43.

I'm bumping this thread as I am happy to announce the dispute I had opened with DiecastEnvy.com has been fully resolved just now.

First and foremost: Don't buy from DiecastEnvy.com. If you already knew about what they're known for, good for you. Go to bed. For every other collector, don't be tempted by their prices like I was.

I do have a full story logged somewhere else on the internet, but here's the Executive GTP version:

I bought something from DiecastEnvy. Item looked too good to be true. It was. If you're looking for something that hit shelves about 14 years ago and you cannot find it even on eBay for an eye-gouging price, it's probably safe to say you're not going to find one at a webstore at MSRP. But I was greedy and the impulse was kicking at me. My suspicions grew immensely when the Paypal email I was about to give my money to contained "Exoto" in its name. I've heard many stories around buying directly from this company. But I went ahead anyway thinking I could have Paypal cover my ass if anything. Telling you right meow, definitely not worth the trouble. Some collectors in this circle really don't have better things to do as they're regulars to this.

After a few days, I check the order status: "Pending". Still???? I looked at the log of activities since the day I purchased: no action taken; nothing sorted out for shipment, nothing! This isn't looking good.

I need to find this guy to cancel my order. Go to the Contact Us page: no information. 🤬 !!!

I tried sending an email to the email address that sent me the order confirmation as well as the one seen in the paypal recipient's email. No responses. Oh my god!

The owner of Exoto Inc, this horsepoop wienersauce has a notorious record of giving people the runaround of not delivering any items, and playing silent for as long as possible. I feel I'm getting the latter treatment.

4 days later, "Screw it" I said. I wanted something actioned immediately. I didn't think this through, went on Paypal and reported that transaction as an unauthorized transaction, playing on the idea that someone jumped on my computer and made a purchase. Since I wasn't getting response from the seller, I figured that I could get away with this (at the time of writing). Paypal recommended I change my password if someone did actually manage to get on my account, and I did just to be consistent. I'd be truly pee'd if if someone really did jump on my computer and buy something, because that claim got denied and closed in 2 days, with them determining that it was not an unauthorized transaction... not even giving a chance for appeal. Shot myself in the foot.

Moving on, I learned that generally with Paypal, once a dispute is closed on a specific transaction, another one cannot be filed. Things get a little more complicated hereon forth. I run into a technical bug that stops me from advancing further in filing a second dispute on this transaction. So now I'm resorting to sending emails to Paypal to look for help on resolving this bug. The auto-email responses point me to a phone number. I call it, I talk to a bot to try and get as far into the dispute procedure as possible. This ends where the bot reports that there was a previous dispute and that nothing can be done from this point on. 🤬, am I screwed? I can't find someone to talk to. I send another email identifying the issue I'd like addressed while fixing up the site bug that's preventing me from taking further steps. I get the exact same email response; "here, take this number, call it, talk to the bot and go from there".

"Screw it" I said. I'll reply directly to auto-generated response asking how to get in touch with a rep, hoping someone will read it and help direct me to the right place. I get a response from a real person, and the response they give is 90%+ identical to the instructions provided in the auto-response. For god sake, did you even read what I wrote? I'm not getting anywhere with this.

I seek guidance from Paypal's community forum. I am hella grateful a forum mod spoke up and provided some guidance on how to break out of the bot's order of direction and speak with a real person. The voice automation barely ever mentions to say "Agent" to speak with someone, but I 'm guessing this is partly done by design. In any case, if this wasn't going to work, getting VISA to step in was my next course of action.

So I finally got on the queue to speak to an agent, identified the transaction, told the guy the real story hoping he won't turn it down and close the door on me. It gets acknowledged as a case of "Item not received" rather than an "Unauthorized payment", he explains the next steps from all parties; he (Paypal) will reach out to the seller to push them to ship out the item (I actually made it clear to him that I actually want to cancel it entirely which he later corrects himself). If no response is received in 10 days, they will revoke his fundings and reimburse me. The way he was trying to reassure me of the situation really wasn't helping, but maybe that's part of me who's been naive for so long that I conditioned myself to doubt as much as I can. His choice of wording in explaining made him sound simple-minded, using "we" like he and I have this in the bag already.

Anyway, without much left that I can ask to reassure myself that this phone call wasn't meaningless, I get off the phone. I receive the email with the case number as he explained detailing the claim of the re-opened dispute.

In a matter of minutes, the status of my order on the website is refunded. I check my paypal, and the purchase is refunded in full.

You would think he was too busy to be able to respond to customer emails in a 24-hour turnaround time, but he responded to Paypal pretty damn quick. So I got my money back, that's the most important part of this ordeal. Hope that guy suffers excruciating pain.

Moral of the story is: Check websites thoroughly for legitimacy before shopping. Ask questions to test if there's anyone who monitors the site. If there's no contact info, probably best to avoid.

Edit: Proofreading applied.

Last edited:
Spent a whole hour driving local to PMall to see if that hobby store had an AA Agera, because I remember the guy (years ago) had the Hennessey Venom, so maybe he'll have other popular discontinued AAs. Nope.

However, I did to see the V-Spec II R32 in white... and I can now understand and accept the $220 retail price of it. Also saw other AAs that have piqued my interest from time to time; V12 Vanquish and One-77. They look hella great. Wasn't going to pay his asking price though.

Sold my GT5 McLaren F1 Stealth to some dolt who was IMHO asking me to accommodate him way too much. Almost wanted to back out and keep the thing. Dummy thought he was going to get a deal for $150! Buddy, you're going to have to walk up to my doorstep if you want an AA F1 Stealth in mint for that price.

Huracans look so good with all those extra "flick" elements in the back.

Is the rear wing centered? I noticed it's not on my GS, and I only noticed after I took a centered photo down the length of the car.

Last edited:
Like your bishoujos in dust, eh?!

Got some stuff using a proxy:

gzqiacWl.jpg

Sadly the F1 is missing a rear orange lamp. Doesn't appear to be in the box either so I'll be busting out the mod podge to craft one.

lol, till I get some sort of case that can actually fit them, that is how they are gonna stay. Getting my 1/18's mostly out of dust is higher priority lol...
And how many arms and legs did that HPI McLaren F1 GTR set you back?

16200 jpy... first bid winner, maybe I missed it in the auction description, but I'm guessing the missing tail light and the dented clear box is why I won it.

Somehow after all other fees calculated, that set me back 248 CAD.

That 12.5% service fee does hit hard. I used whiterabbitexpress to grab it from Yahoo auctions.

I regret not getting an HPI F1 GTR back when they were not super expensive...
Probably will settle with a Minichamps Longtail and maybe a TSM Short tail GTR someday.

I don't think I'll ever truly settle with a Minichamps anymore. I'm on my 6th one and they all still leave a lot to be desired.

When I look at HPIs, so far I always feel immediately content with how well put together the body, paint and decals are.

I didn't get that message for that order. :lol:

Wowzers what productivity I have. Only took another 2 months to do this:

PXCDj6il.jpg

I think I did mention why I'm blocking out the left side with blue; because I messed up the pearlescent coat on that side, and now it's being covered up.

Took a good 30 minutes to set up the airbrush... It's always a damn mystery why it takes longer to get paint flowing out the thing than it does to complete the actual paint job itself.

Also ended up over-spraying some areas and messing that up (again) :lol: Onto the third phase at covering that up now.

Waited since October to resume this project!

During this time, the doors were scraping the side panel and has been chipping off paint. It also looked like the primer I used didn't adhere well as paint is coming off where I masked off the area for the blue. I said screw it- I'm sealing the doors.

Stripping the paint is no longer an option as I have plastic that's permanently attached to this now. I've filled in the areas with putty and went at it again this week with car paint. Don't have a photo of that yet, but I went a thicker coat this time hoping the masking tape I've laid down for the blue doesn't come off:

31531034_2106331769382489_1119675936590004224_o.jpg

#rx7street

Last edited:
Oppp. Didn't know Shizuoka Hobby show 2018 is taking place:

edit:
32235454_2071361659771691_6352396775566868480_o.jpg

🤬 THEY ACTUALLY MADE IT IN 1:18. I'm so cheesed.

Edit: found pics of that baby:

201805_hobbys_ig014.jpg

201805_hobbys_ig013.jpg

Last edited:
We missed the perorder window on Hobbysearch and amiami already. IG1140 is the gloss black one we both want. We're at the peril of ebay resellers now.
I noticed when I went at looked on Amiami -__-
Maybe we will get lucky come release...

I noticed when I went at looked on Amiami -__-
Maybe we will get lucky come release...

May be useful if we monitor the 1/43 prices to see how frequently they're selling. That will help provide clues if it's the next Skyline or Miata.

One more thing for me to assemble.
1936 GAZ M1.

pRWZYKl2Sm8.jpg

_ne-7iJ2ywE.jpg

The manual suggests two paintjob variants - black and blue.
I already have a black M1... in 1:43 scale.
CtHcA6jraBs.jpg

PWZ503Y8WCk.jpg

...But blue isn't a good color for a military car. 1:35 is a military scale, so this M1 be standing on the same rack as my tanks and army trucks. The Emka was used as a staff car during the WW2, and many were repainted into green. So I think I'll do that to my M1.

P.S. Another car in 1:35 scale.
ZiS-5V I made 8 years ago.
8GY32kZNVVk.jpg

H2rBTekmKmk.jpg

v0x1aF0gtj4.jpg

Back