• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
F618DF94-E260-445D-B96E-E71DCBC35181.jpeg
8DAEB5B0-3C94-4D90-A3EE-190725118C7E.jpeg
59708320-2EC3-4F9B-89E9-4CFD5A6322E9.jpeg
D341F4CD-9797-4A66-8EE7-445A47193B41.jpeg
Latest from Ignition models

1/18

I don't think I'll ever truly settle with a Minichamps anymore. I'm on my 6th one and they all still leave a lot to be desired.

When I look at HPIs, so far I always feel immediately content with how well put together the body, paint and decals are.

Waited since October to resume this project!

During this time, the doors were scraping the side panel and has been chipping off paint. It also looked like the primer I used didn't adhere well as paint is coming off where I masked off the area for the blue. I said screw it- I'm sealing the doors.

Stripping the paint is no longer an option as I have plastic that's permanently attached to this now. I've filled in the areas with putty and went at it again this week with car paint. Don't have a photo of that yet, but I went a thicker coat this time hoping the masking tape I've laid down for the blue doesn't come off:

31531034_2106331769382489_1119675936590004224_o.jpg

Update:

With the beautiful weather this weekend, I could've taken a nice hike somewhere out west, but instead I continued working on this.

I was on the quick to think of selling my colour printer to buy a new one as the waterslide decal paper was jamming.... but then luckily I asked myself to try other print settings and voila stiff paper can now pass through this thing without a single interruption.

Took several print settings in Illustrator to finally get it to not garble the ink and smear it down the page, but then I realized this printer can't print the same blue as what I had on the body.

P_20180521_211137.jpg

So today I've printed this out and resprayed the blue to better match it.

#rx7street

Car Lover's legit. They ship via 1-week UPS, 35USD to ship for orders under 300 USD.

I did send photos of a cracked acrylic case, which he responded to, but didn't offer any sort of compensation. I didn't choose to exact any rebuttal afterwards as I wasn't too bothered. I've only shopped with them once.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/carloverdiecast/

5% discount code on their facebook page, for all purchases, only shared with Facebook users.

ZT5VC9G64EBZ

Car Lover's legit. They ship via 1-week UPS, 35USD to ship for orders under 300 USD.

I did send photos of a cracked acrylic case, which he responded to, but didn't offer any sort of compensation. I didn't choose to exact any rebuttal afterwards as I wasn't too bothered. I've only shopped with them once.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/carloverdiecast/

5% discount code on their facebook page, for all purchases, only shared with Facebook users.

ZT5VC9G64EBZ
Do they charge for pre-orders immediately or when they get the item? That should be my last question lol...

I used to buy from CarLoverDiecast a lot, they used China Post for shipments, with tracking numbers too. Not as fast as UPS but it was way cheaper. Now they have switched to UPS I had to pay for brokerage fees 100% of the time(Because Canada)that makes any deals from them non-deals.

My two cents.

Do they charge for pre-orders immediately or when they get the item? That should be my last question lol...

The last time I bought from them, it required a deposit.

This one though is pay now, get it later.

And yes, because UPS, chance of getting taxed is likely > 99%...... Crap. I may have just dropped a bit too much dollar on a single IG.

Last edited:
I've always wondered how good IGs 1/43s really are...Well what better way to find out than to overpay on shipping for a Limited Edition (though not a hot seller surprisingly) R33?!

NrECwE1l.jpg

This pic means nothing. I was just blown away that it is literally a sheet of plastic underneath.

o4NDwAbl.jpg

VhxdGuxl.jpg

Mesh used. Good stuff. But its left side of the splitter is bigger than the right. What's up with that?

0VqGKGql.jpg

Wow.... $159 USD for this. And that's not the photo being crooked either:

lp41R03.png

Now I have nothing else but to worry about the R32 and Supra's wings.

MSZ
I think MakeUp makes the best 1:43 models, IG is far behind them-

It's not your responsibility to, but ya shoulda talked me down, boy!

In any case, if IG does accept a return, I'm grabbing photos first- then I'm shipping it back :lol:

IG actually told me that a crooked wing and an asymmetrical splitter is up to their quality standard.

Currently asking if they'll send me a return label.

MSZ
Chinese quality control standard at its finest.

Looks like they're refusing to cover any of the return shipping (me to them, them to me), which I think is common for most small-scale businesses, but I still think they should cover it as that BS 50USD was absolute profit for them.

Currently still trying to work out logistics of how all possible situations will be handled on both our ends. The last thing I want is for them to have no decent one in stock and not reimburse me in any way.

I'm almost biting the bullet on shipping it back and having them ship another one all at my expensive. I already dropped $275 incl shipping for this and they can't even foot one part of the shipping for this.

This is dumb. Although I've asked them to reserve another one and to take photos, I'm now considering if this is even worth the trouble. I could potentially be out another $60 all for a single 1/43.

Perhaps it will be a better use of my time to either repair as much as I can or just sell it off in the future.

In other news though, I just had a flash sale and made back almost all the dollars I put on the Ducktail 964. I asked for 145, the buyer happily gave me 150 for having to provide directions to the meeting location. :embarrassed:

My latest two: Porsche 901 from CMC and the 1,000,000th 911 from Spark. The CMC really put into perspective how much a waste of money it is for resin/ sealed cars. Both of these models cost me the same. The 901 is beautifully built with all opening parts, removable wheels, an extending antenna, spare wheel, cloth seats and ridiculously detailed underside/ suspension bits. The Spark is sealed. And the steering wheel "wood" is just a sticker. :lol:

42515799742_66195c5b41_b.jpg

41666305655_35df8edbab_b.jpg

42515799432_f8a1a43eed_b.jpg

I'm looking for 2 Autoart models in Toronto, Porsche 924 & 944. Do you guys know what a sane price for them would be?

I know ebay has crazy prices.

Back