@MSZ

36923448_2114594785448378_7007140681298739200_n.jpg

36950867_2114594862115037_7249270033841389568_n.jpg

36930969_2114594868781703_6319985642386227200_n.jpg

36896903_2114595248781665_1755699170800304128_n.jpg

Well?

MSZ
Another 15% off sale @ ebay today.

Dang it, I just ordered a button for my car yesterday. If I had known and waited, I could have saved a couple bucks.

Came here to ask a few questions for those of you who are familiar with the secondary market for model cars: Does AUTOart plan to re-release the 1/18 Lexus LFA anytime soon? If not, how much do you reckon is a reasonable selling price for a used white version that's in fine condition? Excluding shipping costs and taxes of course.

Asking because I recently bought one for a hefty sum, and I just want to see if I was being reasonable at that time. :scared:

Came here to ask a few questions for those of you who are familiar with the secondary market for model cars: Does AUTOart plan to re-release the 1/18 Lexus LFA anytime soon? If not, how much do you reckon is a reasonable selling price for a used white version that's in fine condition? Excluding shipping costs and taxes of course.

Asking because I recently bought one for a hefty sum, and I just want to see if I was being reasonable at that time. :scared:

AA once mentioned on Facebook that they would consider re-release the LFA.

I can't comment on the used LFA market though, since I already bought one when it first came out.

Checking for the overall lowest prices in the Sold category of eBay is one place to start. Checking diecast stores for the price they sold out at is another benchmark. What did you end of paying for on yours?

If you bug Autoart enough in every Facebook post they make, they probably will re-release the LFA. They're currently re-releasing the Toyota 2000GT if that means anything. Goodbye, high-market priced white Toyota.

Last edited:
Checking for the overall lowest prices in the Sold category of eBay is one place to start. Checking diecast stores for the price they sold out at is another benchmark. What did you end of paying for on yours?

If you bug Autoart enough in every Facebook post they make, they probably will re-release the LFA. They're currently re-releasing the Toyota 2000GT if that means anything. Goodbye, high-market priced white Toyota.

I wouldn't call the 2000GT a re-release since the new one isn't diecast.

MSZ
I wouldn't call the 2000GT a re-release since the new one isn't diecast.

I missed that part about the composite. Disregard previous message: Hello, increasing-price on diecast 2000GT! I should cash out.

MSZ
AA once mentioned on Facebook that they would consider re-release the LFA.
Damn. :banghead:

MSZ
I can't comment on the used LFA market though, since I already bought one when it first came out.
How much did you pay for yours? I want to know how much the MSRP was when it’s still in stock.

Approximately 231 USD, excluding shipping and the commission fee of the site I used. :(

So far a quick search on EBay shows that the lowest it’s been sold for is 225 USD, which is close to what I paid, but it’s eBay, the most renowned bidding site on Earth, so I guess the buyer had much more fierce competition and ultimately paid more.

Damn. :banghead:

How much did you pay for yours? I want to know how much the MSRP was when it’s still in stock.

Approximately 231 USD, excluding shipping and the commission fee of the site I used. :(

So far a quick search on EBay shows that the lowest it’s been sold for is 225 USD, which is close to what I paid, but it’s eBay, the most renowned bidding site on Earth, so I guess the buyer had much more fierce competition and ultimately paid more.

I'm finding these sold for 170 USD.

CARARAMA-251XND004-Land-Rover-Military-Series-111-143-Scale-New-Boxed-361394067361.jpg

I just found out that this 'military' version of Cararama's Land Rover 109 is rare and relatively expensive. I have one just like this, and I don't like how it looks. Real military Land Rovers don't look like this. I'll try to sell it, or give it in exchange for something more interesting to me.

Thanks @SVX. Which one of those NSX pics clicks best for you?

I've been playing with Channel Mixer a lot more now. It's been a real game changer,

Finally, there's something to refuel my 1:43 cars with.* :rolleyes:

1961 ZiL 157K fuel tanker (1:43, Start Scale Models).

JQz9iyuJ_sA.jpg

xaKo6of7p0o.jpg

FzXLye6ARjc.jpg

^ The exhaust is installed incorrectly, it should be under the front bumper, for safety reasons. I'll try to fix that somehow later.

aoanctbsVR4.jpg

^ Note the winch.

Another car of this period** and scale: Porsche 550 for size comparison. :sly:
SxnhlmJYIZo.jpg

* - Actually, it's an aircraft fuel bowser. But why would an airport vehicle need such winch? :D
** - The period for this truck is actually pretty long - the ZiL 157 was in production until 1994.

Edit: daylight shots.
lHl4RI3HwV8.jpg

0ChVmmxTDs8.jpg

^ Moskvich 423N with license plates added.

Last edited:
Went to my first ever IMSA event at Lime Rock Park. Ended up coming home with the Spark 1/18 RC F GT3 model from the Lexus stand. Wanted one from my work, but they wouldn't order me one...
OMFG I knew I missed something big this weekend! Biggest race of the year at LRP how could I forget. Oops. Awesome model though, I love browsing the vendor tents for things like this.

OMFG I knew I missed something big this weekend! Biggest race of the year at LRP how could I forget. Oops. Awesome model though, I love browsing the vendor tents for things like this.
Got from the Lexus stand. I do enjoy spending time with the vendors, especially their vast 1/43 scale selection. Was tempted to pick up the 2017 Toyota TS050 model from one of them, but I think I'll wait for the 2018 LeMans winner.

What brand makes it though, or is it a dealer?
It's made by Spark. But as far as I've found, you can only get it through Lexus/Lexus dealerships.

I almost forgot how great this car looks, it takes me back to when I loved the car as a kid. I went through a lot of effort to get a Siku version of it, which I still have sitting around somewhere. It also takes me back to when Autoart made good things. :lol: Though I would appreciate if it had buttons on the bottom to open the bonnet and frunk like my Norev SLS has.

carreragt.jpg

My camera sucks. And I guess my camera operation skills suck too. :P

Anyone ever have to deal with the thin acetate sheet we call windshields (on resin models) that warp and pop off partially off the window frame?

Not sure how to deal with this as I can't wrap my head on how these warp partially.

Back