GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,721 comments
Opening parts F1 GTRs:

37866502_1953882301321427_3541392537770000384_o.jpg

37846616_1953882434654747_4092279654633701376_o.jpg

And all those other famous short-tail & long-tail liveries.

But the catch: Minichamps.

Don't think I posted my 991's before, if so I'm sorry. The GT2RS is new :D
26657842687_743b88f438_b.jpg

40633857325_9c5c6d93c2_b.jpg

40633857335_b159de290f_b.jpg

43613765122_5ec4099a0d_b.jpg

43660221191_15e15ab19c_b.jpg

I'll make some better photos soon, have a lot more new stuff to show. Got another Martini 935 from Exoto so I have all three now :dopey: (nr 1, 3 and 40). Few more 1/18s and two gorgeous 1/43s from this years Le Mans, which are easy to guess :D

GF: Why don't you have plants?
Me: I got model cars :D

MSZ
GTS is making the 996

Man, the 996 C4S looks good, in Seal Gray too. I haven't bought a model in a while, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick that up.

Spark 1:43 Audi Q7 dealer model:

43663885081_7c5cc2bc72_c.jpg

43663884931_f943dc43d9_c.jpg

43663884841_0da60c0e23_c.jpg

43663884571_e65a6b07bf_c.jpg

I don't know... this car gives me an impression that it's a jacked up estate car rather than an SUV. I've seen numerous of them on the road too. :dunce:

These Q7s are almost as common as Corollas here, and I hate the proportion of these. The previous generation Q7 looked a lot better IMO.

I have an AA Toyota 2000GT, and it has this for its lights. Maybe only Millenium series gets this treatment?

The Carrera GT is Millennium series. :D

Don't think I posted my 991's before, if so I'm sorry. The GT2RS is new :D
26657842687_743b88f438_b.jpg

How often do you use the lights for that display case? Because I love the idea, but I'm not really sure if it's worth it.

GF: Why don't you have plants?
Me: I got model cars :D

Plants die, models don't. Simple. :P

How often do you use the lights for that display case? Because I love the idea, but I'm not really sure if it's worth it.

Plants die, models don't. Simple. :P

Well said! :lol:

Not much to be honest, usually when I have visitors. Can't leave them on too long, the box said a max of 8 hours straight is best to not brake the LED's. The case isn't expensive, only 20 Euros here. The maker is Triple 9, they have more cool display cases. Bought more from them as a present for my dad. One with a finish line, one with curb stones (12 Euros each!) and a lighted cabinet.

I thought 50 Euros for the cabinet was a pretty good deal :)

Not much to be honest, usually when I have visitors. Can't leave them on too long, the box said a max of 8 hours straight is best to not brake the LED's. The case isn't expensive, only 20 Euros here. The maker is Triple 9, they have more cool display cases. Bought more from them as a present for my dad. One with a finish line, one with curb stones (12 Euros each!) and a lighted cabinet.

I guess for me the price is more in shipping because NZ is so far out of the way. Annoyingly I bought two Autoart cases the other day, and just this morning two Triple 9 cases came up for auction which look nicer for the same price, guess I have an excuse to buy more. :D

It looks small enough to be comfortable on a large desk.
IKEA DETOLFs. Still best bang for your buck. But also too mainstream.

These Autoart cases were totally worth it.

0_4.png

Though I don't know why the picture makes one headlight look a different colour to the other, must just be the angle, because even in other images it's fine.

0_1.png

I can finally display the Viper GTS-R properly, because the original Autoart box was very restricting. I drilled a hole in this base so I can secure the car down incase some kind of MAD MAN decides to pick it up (as unknowing peasants tend to). :P

0_2.png

Annoyingly there's no way to screw the Carrera GT down, which leaves it vulnerable. :scared: I decided to just leave the roof on the Carrera GT after spending a long time trying to correctly place the roof pieces in the frunk. I never got them in properly.

0_3.png

It's ridiculously hard to place them so that the lid can close properly, there's now a lot of finger marks from me trying to make them fit. The instructions make it look so easy. :P

Last edited:
These Autoart cases were totally worth it.

Though I don't know why the picture makes one headlight look a different colour to the other, must just be the angle, because even in other images it's fine.

I can finally display the Viper GTS-R properly, because the original Autoart box was very restricting. I drilled a hole in this base so I can secure the car down incase some kind of MAD MAN decides to pick it up (as unknowing peasants tend to). :P

Annoyingly there's no way to screw the Carrera GT down, which leaves it vulnerable. :scared: I decided to just leave the roof on the Carrera GT after spending a long time trying to correctly place the roof pieces in the frunk. I never got them in properly.

It's ridiculously hard to place them so that the lid can close properly, there's now a lot of finger marks from me trying to make them fit. The instructions make it look so easy. :P
I just got one of those cases myself, pretty decent for the price.

VDoKXgYl.jpg

It's gonna happen. Target completion date: End of August 2018. Doing a red/white theme, roof rack + stuff, red interior). Saw a dude who bought a custom Beetle in Ontario somewhere. Thing was straight out of a magazine. I'll be trying to create something similar, but I'm ditching the license plate and Canadian flags.

Using #squashedbug to tag these posts.

Also, This Bburago was so much easier to disassemble than the Maisto Diablo.

Last edited:
38632890_1847430528899614_3823941325024133120_n.jpg

38612276_1847430658899601_8707128894999756800_n.jpg

That Top Secret Skyline doesn't look as cool as I once thought. So far all 1/43 IG's I've preordered have been bad calls!

But on a brighter note, there are more Porsches.

edit: Brutal true story:

O3LJDl0l.jpg

And to think I was piling up a shopping cart to avoid 2 or 3 future shipping charges. If they're going to ding every single imported item, it might be worth doing this anyway, as that $39.59 is exact the 13% tax we pay on everything.

Multiple shipments (big or small amounts) would then be charged for each 9.95 "handling fee", which would then result in you losing more in multiple fees. But again that is assuming they ding packages worth under $100.

Last edited:
So I saw Jason Richards' Commodore from the 2005 V8 Supercars season on Trademe (NZ's version of Ebay), one of my favourite drivers' car from my most memorable year of the series, I had to insta-buy it. And I might have gotten more than I'd expected.

maybeamazing.jpg

At first I thought the signature was just how the certificates came, just the makers trying to make the product feel more special. Due to me having no experience I tried the light trick, and I did notice that it shone slightly differently than everything else. But after that not giving me any conclusive evidence, I decided to ask the seller. He reckoned the guy he bought it from used to get his certificates signed, so it could very well be real. Normally I don't care for signatures, it's like meeting someone you respect, and then pretending to be the postman infront of them. :P But it's a bit different when it's that of someone I could never possibly meet.

But as I go out of my way to point out (to the detriment of only myself), I'm not exactly smart. Maybe someone just sneezed oil on it in a remarkable pattern. :P

That looks like solid grill on the front :(

How much did you win this one for?
All the grills are perforated, though some not very deep. Maybe a couple mm between the mesh and resin behind. As for price, $192 plus shipping. A lot better than the $240-250 they normally sell for.

Back