GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Picked up another 991.2 GT3 in Miami Blue (have a Yellow one too) because I just fell in love with this shade of blue. Sadly, just like my yellow car, this one arrived with the wing broken off and flopping around the box. Fortunately no damage, but annoying still.

42188944050_28bef5eb47_b.jpg

Had a few models arrived at my home yesterday, and it’s only today that I have finished inspecting the 2 1/18s for any damages and imperfections. Here’s a quick pic of the Kyosho Ferrari 365 GTB4:

B1B1C09C-C23A-4FF6-BF31-4E02F28AED8C.jpeg

Now, an anecdote: Originally I thought the Hot Wheels Elite version is the best readily available representation of the 1971 365 GTB4, with the Kyosho version rarely seen on Ebay. However, after discovering this Japanese paradise called Zenmarket, my hopes were rekindled, and an incidental search brought me to this car priced at 102 USD, so I immediately bought it without thinking about the price. If you had seen pics of the How Wheels and Kyosho version, you’d notice that the Kyosho version blows the Hot Wheels out of the water. But there’ll be more of that when I make an official post for this car after I’ve photographed it.

Anyway, one thing that caught my eye in the photos online is that it comes with functioning pop-up headlights. So when I unboxed the car, I decided to first see where the switch for that is at.

However, after inspecting the car thoroughly, I have no clue how to open them other than two rods loosely connected to wheel wells in the engine bay, but they’re not connected to the headlights in any way. Instead, after looking at online photos, they’re part of the engine bay struts that have been somehow taken apart (which was fixed with a easy solution eventally). Finally, I found out the way to pop up the headlights.

You simply pry them open with your fingers gently. :lol: (Or at least that’s the only method I’ve found.)

Either way, here’s another picture of the Ferrari with all parts opened:

1097500F-6CF4-4BDD-A06D-F8C21D0D93B1.jpeg

As for the white LFA, things are generally fine, although some of the paint is scratched away around the edges, and the ‘LFA’ emblem on the rear has yellowed quite a bit. It’s quite tricky with the rear spoiler though. There is a button at the undercarriage for popping up the rear spoiler, but the instructions didn’t tell you how to retract it. So far the only way I’ve found is to press down and hold the rear spoiler while I press the button again. Another problem I’ve found is that the rear spoiler’s angle, as per the instructions, can be adjusted, but it will never stay in the adjusted angle, and the rear spoiler is a bit loose as well. @MSZ @Venom800tt do your LFAs suffer from the same problems with the rear spoiler?

Picked up another 991.2 GT3 in Miami Blue (have a Yellow one too) because I just fell in love with this shade of blue. Sadly, just like my yellow car, this one arrived with the wing broken off and flopping around the box. Fortunately no damage, but annoying still.

42188944050_28bef5eb47_b.jpg
Lego!!!!!

Man I got too hasty on the preorders earlier this year:

im_IG1355.jpg

im_IG1353.jpg

These ones look cooler than the all-white + silver BBS combination, IMO.

Also, IG's making this $300 display case that comfortably holds up to 2 cars:

im_IG1692.jpg

im_IG1692b.jpg

im_IG1692c.jpg

It's USB-powered. The most catching part is the use of the ducts coming out. Everything else should be fairly doable on your own.

Da hammer head Accord!

I'm looking to grab a new car myself soon.....will be parting with some more littler cars later this year.

GT Spirit October selection, all 1/18.

Dodge Challenger Demon
Porsche 968 Turbo S
Porsche 911 2.7 RS Touring
Audi TT RS Roadster
Lamborghini Diablo GT

I haven't grabbed a GTS model in a while, since the last ones I got weren't so great quality wise, but I may grab the 2.7 Touring.
GT213-2.jpg

GT201-2.jpg

GT733-2.jpg

GT209-2.jpg

GTS18507S-2.jpg

I haven't grabbed a GTS model in a while, since the last ones I got weren't so great quality wise, but I may grab the 2.7 Touring.

So this really is a thing then. Here's hoping that LB Mustang doesn't turn out too poorly.

I also like the 968 and Diablo, dunno if I will get them though. Diablo needs to be orange, because silver is boring lol...
Also, I think the problem with the Diablo is a lot of model makers model the car with the front suspension in the lifted position, which is common when a Diablo is parked and has functional front lift like they come from the factory.

Been wanting some more normal Lexus cars. Picked up a 1/43 Kyosho Lexus IS350 and RC350.
40110892_10217596573965557_8080199236131487744_o.jpg

I kind of want to get the whole Kyosho Lexus lineup... CT, LS, RX, and NX. :nervous:

Did also buy the Mark43 LFA. That should be on it's way.

The horrible color choices are the main reasons I haven't been picking up many GTS's lately. That and the increased price.
Yeah, sometimes I can't believe their color choices. I suppose they are trying to offer colors no one else would but they're usually dull colors or something too weird that many would avoid it.

At this point, it's all waiting on stuff to be mailed on my end.

2 IG R33s from April '18 that still haven't been released.
1/43 R32 for Sep '18
1/43 Supra for Sep/Oct '18
1/18 Supra for Sep/Oct '18
1/18 RX-3 for Sep/Oct '18
1/18 Supra for Feb '19
3 Ebbros with unknown release dates.

It's all going to come crashing down, and I still haven't snapped pics of the two broken R34s I fixed.

VDoKXgYl.jpg

It's gonna happen. Target completion date: End of August 2018. Doing a red/white theme, roof rack + stuff, red interior). Saw a dude who bought a custom Beetle in Ontario somewhere. Thing was straight out of a magazine. I'll be trying to create something similar, but I'm ditching the license plate and Canadian flags.

Using #squashedbug to tag these posts.

Will provide a first update. Although there was a 1-week vacay between all this, so far I have finalized the lowering on the front and back-end and finished the bulk of the roof rack.

P6Hw686l.jpg

plQiuJDl.jpg

OuscGR2l.jpg

Made from brass tubes, professionally welded with super glue and 5-min epoxy. Damn thing breaks so easily that I gave up on symmetry and even stuck a diagonal bar inthere to help hold everything together.

From what I see online, slammed Beetles are easily accomplished by throwing in undersized tires in the front, but I cannot find custom smoothie wheels, let alone thin small tires, so this is the first compromise I'm living with. I could crank up the camber to 11 and bring the ground clearance even lower, but it looks really goofy when viewing from the front and back, so I held back. :lol:

#squashedbug

Last edited:
Have any of you guys heard of mondomodelcars on eBay? Curious as to why they have 1/43 Kyosho Lexus LS460s for only $16 (with $14 shipping). Seems awfully cheap considering that they mostly go for $40-$50 elsewhere. Seller's from Italy. I'd buy it, but I'm unsure. (Seller rating of 99.2% if that matters)

GT Spirit October selection, all 1/18.

Dodge Challenger Demon
Porsche 968 Turbo S
Porsche 911 2.7 RS Touring
Audi TT RS Roadster
Lamborghini Diablo GT
GT733-2.jpg
Got the info wrong, looks like this 911 is 1/12 scale, not 1/18. Shame, too, the funky color was growing on me. Also wanted a Touring version of the car, which doesn't exist in 1/18.

Really hoping the purple isn't that dull:

im_IG1312.jpg

im_IG1312b.jpg

im_IG1310b.jpg

im_IG1310.jpg

im_IG1310c.jpg

im_IG1310d.jpg

On the bright side, the wings look straightened out... I called IG out so hard on this on their FB page when they posted photos of the crooked wings.

Hopefully they're ready to be released this month.

Really hoping the purple isn't that dull:

im_IG1312.jpg

im_IG1312b.jpg

im_IG1310b.jpg

im_IG1310.jpg

im_IG1310c.jpg

im_IG1310d.jpg

On the bright side, the wings look straightened out... I called IG out so hard on this on their FB page when they posted photos of the crooked wings.

Hopefully they're ready to be released this month.

I'm liking the look of the silver one a lot, just a shame that these are far too expensive for my budget!

Back