GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,721 comments
I think that could've sold me if it wasn't Fate characters.

I'm liking the overall colour scheme and shape patterns, but for some reason a smiling Jeanne takes all the coolness out of this.

It would seem Good Smile making the Z4 in 1:18 is now a pipe dream.

i admire your collection and wish i could display mine as well (working on the cabinet) but the OCD in me would like to ask you if there is any logic to how your display your cars??

Is that in order of when you acquired them ?

you should consider sorting them by color or power or brand or year or something....

can i come over and sort them for you :lol:

i admire your collection and wish i could display mine as well (working on the cabinet) but the OCD in me would like to ask you if there is any logic to how your display your cars??

Is that in order of when you acquired them ?

you should consider sorting them by color or power or brand or year or something....

can i come over and sort them for you :lol:
Lol they are arranged by year in that pic, which is pretty much my default when organizing models.

i admire your collection and wish i could display mine as well (working on the cabinet) but the OCD in me would like to ask you if there is any logic to how your display your cars?
I thought exactly the same thing :lol:
Very glad to hear there’s a method to organising this brilliant collection 👍

Couple new (to me) 1:18s. I’m a big fan of Nissan’s V8 Supercar effort and finally saw one come up in my price range on eBay. Unfortunately no opening parts on the car but it’s nicely detailed.
1F23BB6E-33A7-4706-BE92-FD6193E23CED.jpeg

Also picked up this Saleen S7 from a market. Theres evidence it’s been displayed, but it was very cheap and it doesn’t really bother me.
7789E3DE-7F23-4142-BACB-39E7686B277F.jpeg

And for something a bit different, I was in a shopping centre and noticed a shop called Daiso Japan. All products are from Japan and very low cost, including these $5 display boxes.
7FD089BC-2D2C-4B9F-B15E-B4269A4390E4.jpeg

Finally i’ve solved my “too many Porsche’s” issue :D
B299FB2E-199C-496B-A72D-F6B3055E422C.jpeg

And created another one entirely. I made up a little shelf to sit these on and put it between my in-progress collection of Adelaide motorsport programs. However, these programs are all for F1 & V8 Supercar events.
BC1414E0-8735-47F6-9FCA-069FF4F465E4.jpeg

And I only have one 1:43 V8 Supercar. :lol:
Random cars will hold these spots until I can find a model of each shape of Supercar. 13 more cars I need to track down :rolleyes: :banghead: :lol:
67E89E32-A0B9-49C2-8174-B8DC377D4B36.jpeg

Sold off a good chunk of my collection of Porsche 911s because I admit it was getting out of hand and costing too much. But with a smaller collection now (about 30 cars) I was finally able to buy display cases! It's not filled yet, takes a while to unbox all cars.

Just need lighting and a good way to seal off the cracks from dust and good to go.
48515322737_f8bbe58f63_b.jpg

My model building area in full, with my 1/43 rally collection. Might need to get Porsche flags to replace the Subaru ones haha
48515303622_90f58d27a7_b.jpg

Thought I'd share how far I'm coming along with that Beetle I seemingly paused work on from a year ago.

nALXDFUl.jpg

After days of tiring, painstaking, extremely thorough and unpleasant paint stripping, I've laid down the red and have it masked for white side panels tomorrow.

I almost thought those models were made by Kinsmart.

By the way, it's also interesting to see the LM001 in that lineup.

Considering the difference between a Kinsmart toy and LookSmart resin models that's a bit insulting:odd:

And that's a LM002

Considering the difference between a Kinsmart toy and LookSmart resin models that's a bit insulting:odd:

And that's a LM002
Chill out. That's just my initial observation when viewed from afar lmao. Don't be serious about it. :lol:

And yes, it's actually the LM002. Was thinking of the original model when I said it earlier.

Finally got around to putting all my cars in my new cabinets. It's a bit cramped, so I may get a 3rd cabinet. I did get some lighting and also some weather stripping stuff to seal the gaps around the doors to prevent dust getting in. Pretty happy with it!

A little sad to think that my collection used to be twice this size and I never displayed them all before. :(

48578092666_b7dab6a85d_b.jpg

Haha maybe. Do you have any of these on order?

I've got pre-ordered figurines that have been delayed for nearly 6-months.

I have a couple of those on preorder.

Actually I still have a Super GT Lexus RC on order for two years and that thing never came out.

MSZ
I have a couple of those on preorder.

Actually I still have a Super GT Lexus RC on order for two years and that thing never came out.

Hah I just remembered I still have 3 Ebbros JGTC NSXs that AmiAmi still hasn't determined a release date on yet for the past several years.

That's a big order that's going to drop on me out of nowhere some day. I'm somewhat hoping Ebbro cancels it altogether so it's one less expense to think about it.

The Ignition R34 in bayside blue is extremely tempting, but them warping windshields is an uncertainty I don't feel is worth taking an investment risk for.

Although I've decided to put the Geneva livery P1 GTR on the cut list, I am excited to see what AR or LCD does with the Huayra roadster. That aside, I'm still waiting on AR to show us what that Bentley Blower will look like.

Do they still sell some of these out in the stores? I've seen some of them still being sold online but prices would reach $100 or more.

In stores, probably not. If you're lucky you may find an online wholesale diecast store that still has some in stock but ebay is likely your best bet. Mine was ~$60 brand new IIRC, so $100 for a like new one that has been a discontinued item for at least a decade doesn't seem too bad.

Mine was made by UT Models and is ~20 years old now. UT Models is not around anymore, which is a shame since they had excellent detail/quality without being crazy expensive. Some places online say they either merged with AUTOart, or got bought by them.

In stores, probably not. If you're lucky you may find an online wholesale diecast store that still has some in stock but ebay is likely your best bet. Mine was ~$60 brand new IIRC, so $100 for a like new one that has been a discontinued item for at least a decade doesn't seem too bad.

Mine was made by UT Models and is ~20 years old now. UT Models is not around anymore, which is a shame since they had excellent detail/quality without being crazy expensive. Some places online say they either merged with AUTOart, or got bought by them.
UT Models was owned by the same company that owns AUTOart, Gateway Global. They pretty much just replaced UT with AA in the late 90's, as early AA's had similar quality and pricing.
Also I have that Expedition in red and gold myself, though it isn't in the best of shape. It is still presentable for the most part though...

Also here is a Bburago Signature Ferrari 488 GTB I got the other day:

Back