GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,735 comments
In stores, probably not. If you're lucky you may find an online wholesale diecast store that still has some in stock but ebay is likely your best bet. Mine was ~$60 brand new IIRC, so $100 for a like new one that has been a discontinued item for at least a decade doesn't seem too bad.

Mine was made by UT Models and is ~20 years old now. UT Models is not around anymore, which is a shame since they had excellent detail/quality without being crazy expensive. Some places online say they either merged with AUTOart, or got bought by them.
Sad. :(

Too bad I broke mine when I was still 7 years old. Man, how I wish I could get it for a lower premium but I guess I don't have any choice if ever I'll be looking for one again.

For a split second there, I thought that was an actual Expedition parked on a cliffside. :boggled:
But there was nobody inside and its windows are all clear. :lol:

MSZ

I was going to share pics, but at this point, I think there is a slight possibility they may put even more, so I was willing to wait.

Nah I actually forgot to share. If this keeps up they may eventually come up with one I'll actually want to add to this collection.

This arrived today:

Apologies for the crummy photos, I'm definitely not a photographer like some of you in here. It's the 1:18 AUTOart Civic Type R.

IMG_4316.jpeg
IMG_4317.jpeg
IMG_4318.jpeg
IMG_4319.jpeg

Apologies for the crummy photos, I'm definitely not a photographer like some of you in here. It's the 1:18 AUTOart Civic Type R.

I look forward to seeing professional phone pictures later :P

Try and sell me on getting one for myself.

I look forward to seeing professional phone pictures later :P

Try and sell me on getting one for myself.
1. You're likely a better photographer than myself and you'll feel good about yourself for providing us some eye-candy. :P

2. Fully opening parts

3. From what I can tell, the model is very accurate to the real thing

Also some negatives. This is my first composite AUTOart model. It feels lighter than older AUTOart models and consequently a bit cheaper as well. It's easy to look past this if you're leaving it on display though. There are also a few rough edges in the paint finish. I feel the production team missed a few spots of polishing (?) the paint.

Overall though I'm happy with it.

I’m very lucky to be with a girl who, for my birthday, instead of socks and jocks, buys me things for my collection. :)
23155528-9D7F-4334-A697-6F34C562A0FC.jpeg

Three 1:43 V8 Supercars I’ve been wanting for my display...
James Courtney 2016 HRT VF Commodore (Biante)
Fabian Coulthard 2017 Shell V Power FGX Falcon (Biante)
Jamie Whincup 2018 Red Bull HRT ZB Commodore (Classic Carlectables)

76B971C5-A485-4C47-A497-2E26A40114C1.jpeg

These are my first Biante and Classic Carlectables diescasts, and quality wise the Biante are a fair bit better. No interior really takes the marks down on the Red Bull car for me. It still looks great though!
91684F67-B3C3-4186-911F-4C6572332375.jpeg
31246C59-641B-417C-B579-0442B9071308.jpeg
DEE76C0C-8FD5-4A5B-909C-F855BCC9B4F0.jpeg

The idea is to have the Ford/Holden rivals facing off like I’ve done with the bottom two. Only about 8 cars to go! :D
08420D1E-88CB-499C-A0E7-24D7E18771AF.jpeg

Not the best quality picture, sorry, but I got some lighting for my cabinets, finally. The lights are controlled with a remote too, which is nice, because I sealed up the cabinets from dust. I still don't like how the cars are positioned, but the space is so small I don't have a lot of options.

48765875286_c3b493d6a1_b.jpg

Not the best quality picture, sorry, but I got some lighting for my cabinets, finally. The lights are controlled with a remote too, which is nice, because I sealed up the cabinets from dust. I still don't like how the cars are positioned, but the space is so small I don't have a lot of options.

48765875286_c3b493d6a1_b.jpg

Double up on shelf count, and then do a 2-step flooring for each panel. Maximize your vertical space to decrease crowding and increasing visual fullness.

Back