GTPlanet Scale model thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 16,203 comments
  • 1,569,500 views
Well I would go for a Blue mirabeau for the exterior and full cuoio interior

Like that :


1k0jO

20200904_161830.jpg


The camera makes it darker but there is a really nice metallic flake in it that the camera didnt catch. I'm just making sure the primer is 100% and I'm happy with it, then into the paint shop :lol:
 
20200905_103253.jpg


Turned out brilliant! Will give it a day to set then rebuild it, just need wheels to finish it off. I think I'm getting the modifying bug...

Edit: my left hand looks like I'm a metallic Smurf :lol:
 
Last edited:
View attachment 955385

Turned out brilliant! Will give it a day to set then rebuild it, just need wheels to finish it off. I think I'm getting the modifying bug...

Edit: my left hand looks like I'm a metallic Smurf :lol:
Plastic gloves perhaps. Coat hangers. I'm going to pull out some of my old stuff.
 

Attachments

  • 15993095716773846846281794820538.jpg
    15993095716773846846281794820538.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I received an eBay plus offer today, which included a $50 coupon. You’ve gotta pay the same amount for the annual subscription, but you get a 30 day no obligation trial before they charge you. Giving you plenty of time to cancel it and spend your voucher :mischievous:

I only saw this come up the other day and it was damn cheap to begin with, but with $50 off it’s probably 1/3 the price I would expect to pay. Some minor box damage, but car is said to be in mint condition.
BC9AF436-F2C4-4F71-8BFE-A55FF00174EB.jpeg

It should arrive somewhere around my birthday :)
 
This arrived in the mail today:

6A5D1720-74B8-42B9-99FE-FC360D663061.jpeg


I also ordered some Marlboro stickers that are meant to be placed on a 1:18 MP4/5 to make it look accurate to the real thing and to get rid of the silly looking barcode, though I’m not sure how to go about applying them on.

8E70ED48-5735-45BA-B3BB-385D76658A66.jpeg

B97BEBA0-DBC2-4321-A883-985F04B55AEC.jpeg

3AF6047D-908B-4A12-82D4-6AB11965910D.jpeg

093ED50B-1D8E-493A-B4BC-509BA5DACB3B.jpeg

9D09DC29-F4A5-4CFE-A121-A71EFFB33E9E.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Looks like BBR has already put out Preorders for 1/18 scale Maserati MC20's in various colors. Also, I am forever furious at the lack of barely any scale model representation of the new Lincoln Navigator. I've only ever seen a dealer model in 1/18 scale. No 1/43 or anything. :(
 
^ stickers for windows, or actual plastic pieces?
 
^ stickers for windows, or actual plastic pieces?
They're stickers. The models are way too small for plastic windows.
 
Back in this thread with some Group B legends in 1:43.
jjZhH2r0ngU.jpg

n0ugY24kLLk.jpg

vsopFpgfFKM.jpg

EaVUCdKNNF4.jpg

XZWhhZi2TlM.jpg


And some more photos of my older models I haven't shared here yet.
Nismo GT-R LM (HPI Racing) and Pennzoil Nismo GT-R GT500 (MTech):
Ck6R5rcjaVM.jpg

SXFF6Xedvo8.jpg


JetAlliance DBR9 GT1
LPNPckG4glc.jpg

1AvCG4GmiH8.jpg


I also recieved two new 1:43 models today, but they need some modification... I'll post them later.
 
Last edited:
It was super difficult to find a model of my new car, but I manage to get one from a guy in Germany. I paid way too much for it, but for a car that looks 99% like my car (only the wheels are different), it was worth it.

QU5PjPt.jpg
 
Currently looking for some more 1/43 scale models (I am pretty much settled on this being my permanent scale to collect for the foreseeable future). Looking for;

1/43 McLaren P1 (all black)
1/43 Aston Martin DB9 (facelifted) Black (already have one in silvery/grey. I want another that will hopefully match up with my real life car in the future.
1/43 Ferrari SF90 Stradale
1/43 Ferrari F8 Tributo

I sold my 1/18 Ferrari 488 Pista. Needed the capital to take care of some stuff.
 
I also need that S2K :drool:
*EDIT*
Pre-ordered it haha
 
Last edited:
Surprised to see these models show up at my door today:
uXYGnJS.jpg

7ZSMeVF.jpg

ttSsN3D.jpg
E1kYzZc.jpg

I find it hard to believe that the A320 is a 40 year old design... Not only that but it's outsold the 737 across all generations. The versatility and adaptability of the airframe has made it the go-to choice for domestic carriers.
 
"Rage Racer Logistics" has recieved some new hardware in 1:43. Including semi-trailers.

ZiL 130V1 early model, short wheelbase version - just like in Spintires / Mudrunner - from DeAgostini collection.
I also added license plates to the truck.
5upydDv70vA.jpg

oQLS4X8D6XU.jpg

TiS7Q0T3Uyw.jpg

9S3xYNxeLIc.jpg

4C9J9SLuDrA.jpg

bZIieI-F0c0.jpg


Another rig I got with a good discount, a MAZ 5432 with semi-trailer by Avtoistoriya (AIST). An old Belarusian truck still seen awfully often on the streets. That trailer detail...
LyTpwGbZi6s.jpg
fkxh-C16dKA.jpg

The cab is openable.
8j9r9SBM7Mc.jpg

The trailer's tent is detachable.
xgMIYpptX4Q.jpg

7HlrF4KTbU4.jpg

8zVJ0gx-944.jpg

9TnOEVJQw34.jpg

D3Sip62Cyxc.jpg


Ural 44202, a tractor unit version of the famous Ural 4320 army truck. Another model from AIST. Without trailer this time.
It seems that the manufacturer didn't have the Ural license so the model is branded as simply "44202" on the box.
vGoa9xWyIsQ.jpg


I like the tires detail. You can read the "MADE IN USSR" markings on them.
w6GA9ky0TKQ.jpg


The MAZ semi-trailer fits perfectly.
rmmmKpOL0c8.jpg

5Ucbn6-pwrU.jpg

eRdyxo0s3Yw.jpg

dR9bD9kqOQQ.jpg

sW51xlT7_SQ.jpg


Another Ural, a 375D in fuel bowser version known as TZ-5 (375). If you had played Mudrunner, you probably know this truck as "C-375".
Not the best assembly quality from Modimio collection.
o20Dp2gyoHE.jpg

uHoE_gVOBj0.jpg

GE6osYMvJuA.jpg
t3inK-w7C2s.jpg

Two Urals and a Moskvich 423 of the same scale.
Xf8HonDLVh4.jpg


The first bus in my collection, a LiAZ 677M from another Modimio series. A cheaper & simpler version of the same bus from Start Scale Models (SSM).
nR8cwKqkBBs.jpg

b8bWl7H3TXg.jpg

1xPVEi6jUP0.jpg

BELAZ 7510 by Nash Avtoprom (NAP), a coal carrying version of the BELAZ 540A haul truck.
V9qRoblXrKQ.jpg

VQRfZSKfgvk.jpg

7L-iOu9L9Hw.jpg

SFX0GiaDquE.jpg

ffY-51d8NfA.jpg


A police UAZ of the same scale:
YXNwvnLAV2E.jpg


...and an Izh Kombi:
mYPvZCaH1Vc.jpg

I already posted this MAZ dumper two years ago:
And that blue truck on the background is my another purchase, a 1970 MAZ 503A.
I'm not a fan of dumptrucks, but I couldn't resist the 50% discount.

PDKnFYAOfdM.jpg

g1YJ9kp-BWA.jpg

Uh018fuyqQE.jpg
Now I modified it with some aftermarket rubber mudguards:
iOiyRdVV-mE.jpg

JhMjXSjyMiA.jpg

pC9x9qfp1MA.jpg

7xDG7zVu3LE.jpg

Good thing is there are many other aftermarket parts available for those 1:43 trucks - photo-etched window wipers, wheels & tires with better detail, front axles with turnable wheels and more. They're also available as kits. An endless hole to invest money and time. :D

And apart from Soviet vehicles, I also love rally cars. So here's a Soviet rally car.
GAZ 21 Volga (1964 Rallye Monte-Carlo).
62E4V8d0Nkw.jpg

WTYYsgfcQUw.jpg

Bus0-nE7QLM.jpg
 
Last edited:
Some more new stuff...

1/18 Ignition Model Nissan Fairlady S30Z (thanks to @AOS- ):



1/43 Minichamps DE Audi RS6 Avant:



1/72 Century Wings LTV A-7D Corsair II:



1/18 AUTOart Lotus 88T and Solido Ford GT40 MKI 1968:
 
kaPuA5X.jpg

MPyGFYf.jpg

6tKUdkH.jpg

For an older casting, it's not bad. This is another exclusive model which had a limited run and couldn't be purchased from Herpa directly.
 
Back