GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Missing the RS 3.0 (G/930) between the OG and the 964 though :D

But beautiful Line up, Carrera RS and GT3/GT3RS are m'y favorite Porsche line up and I have them all except 1 (or 2) which I'm still looking for. ( 964 Carrera RS/ Clubsport narrow wingless)

Missing the RS 3.0 (G/930) between the OG and the 964 though :D

But beautiful Line up, Carrera RS and GT3/GT3RS are m'y favorite Porsche line up and I have them all except 1 (or 2) which I'm still looking for. ( 964 Carrera RS/ Clubsport narrow wingless)
I am not, but it's in red so it didn't go well with the others for my little photoshoot. :lol:

I have every variation of the 911 RS in 1/18 scale (including GT2s), except the 964 RS Clubsport/N-GT, which GT-Spirit is making this year.
49972833868_9483da4c50_b.jpg

Also have every GT2s/RS :D Porsche are a bit an addiction in the collecting world :cheers:
Agree! I admit, I wish I began collecting in 1/43, like you have. More to choose from and cheaper if you can restrain yourself. At this point it would be too late to begin, as many of the cars are hard to find or expensive.

I see a lot of cars in your collection I wish they made in 1/18 scale, too, like the green 3.0 RS, the green 993 RS and the dark blue 996 GT3.

Just now decided to post this addition, which I got in a trade about a month ago but never took a pic of till now due to being damaged:

Was damaged and had no box. Also was missing the side mirror, roof scoop, and the twin antenna, all of which I replaced and got looking presentable again. Still need to get some carbon fiber decal sheet for the side mirror and paint the antenna black though...

Since we are into 911 1/43 here is my Road going set, missing a few that I bought After taking that pic 2 months ago.

Nice 911 collection. :cheers:

I have every variation of the 911 RS in 1/18 scale (including GT2s), except the 964 RS Clubsport/N-GT, which GT-Spirit is making this year.

Wish the Carrera RS is coming in the more interesting colors like Rubystone or Maritime Blue.

Good to know about the release though. Wish I had gotten the GT Spirit 964 Carrera 4s that came out a while back, so without knowing if they will release any other colors in the future, red may have to do.

Wish the Carrera RS is coming in the more interesting colors like Rubystone or Maritime Blue.

Good to know about the release though. Wish I had gotten the GT Spirit 964 Carrera 4s that came out a while back, so without knowing if they will release any other colors in the future, red may have to do.
I agree, wish there were more colors but GT Spirit seems to stick to a single color choise these days. I dont mind the Indian Red but some of the more popular colors for the car like Peppermint, Rubystone and Maritime Blue would have been nice. My collection could use more red though.

Employee pricing on BMW models is too tempting. Got this 1/18 Paragon 3-Series Touring model from my work's parts department for $47 (before taxes). Decided to get it to hold my plate screws in the back and liven up my desk. I kind of wish the new X5, M850i, and Z4 models had an opening trunk.
106616052_10223758097519795_5199764176927232053_n.jpg

106775472_10223758098079809_8409294316810274129_n.jpg

Stumbled across my beginnings of a 1/43 scale Group 5 collection whilst looking for something else in the attic. Decided it was about time to photograph them and post them here like i'd previously threatened to do so.

It centres around a full set of Quartzo Zakspeed Capris that i'd always loved the liveries of.

IMG_4202.jpeg
IMG_4205.jpeg
IMG_4209.jpeg
IMG_4210.jpeg
IMG_4212.jpeg
IMG_4207.jpeg

Plus a selection of Quartzo 935 K3's

IMG_4213.jpeg

Plus a really finely detailed Schnitzer Celica by Ebbro, Another Zakspeed Capri that i bought cheap with peeling decals that i had planned on creating the one livery variation that Quartzo never produced, the privateer/works supported Ford & Sport version. The Zakspeed Mustang is a somewhat lesser quality Matchbox model that i've had since a kid that i may try and replace with a nice one that Sparks do.

IMG_4215.jpeg

I thought i also had a 320 Grp.5 but alas not, so i'll have to procure one at some some point, adding to my short list of Lancia Beta Montecarlos and some other variations of 935, like the early Martini 'works' cars and a Moby Dick 935/78 and a few others.

Has anyone noticed a general rise in prices of 1:18th scale models? I had a look at eBay as I hadn't bought any models for a good while and I was pretty surprised. I valued my collection according to eBay prices and there were three cars that gave me a shock at values:

20200704_174059.jpg

I've had this one for I think 20 years.

20200704_174114.jpg

This is the most recent purchase out of the 3 and its tripled compared to what I paid for it.

20200704_174137.jpg

Finally this one was the biggest surprise as although it's a really nice model I cant believe what it's going for.

Any thoughts?

Has any of you been told by eBay that they will give you a refund after having your product broken during transport under Global Shipping Program, but nothing comes of it after you’ve waited for two weeks or longer? I noticed that a model car I bought on eBay arrived with a broken side mirror, and I contacted the seller, who asked me to open a case with eBay’s Resolution Center because the damage was done during the shipping, which was carried out under the Global Shipping Program. I opened a case, uploaded pics of the damaged model, and the seller quickly uploaded pics of the package to prove that he packaged the parcel very securely and well after that. eBay soon replied that they’re sorry that my item arrived damaged, and they will issue a refund to my Paypal account, which should take 2 to 5 days to process. So the case was closed, and everything went smoothly, I thought. But I’ve waited for 2 weeks since then, and there is still no refund in my Paypal account. I know I needed to contact somebody from eBay to follow-up with the refund, but I don’t know who I should find. Should I just send an email to the general customer service inbox, or should I find the Resolution Center to help again? If it’s the latter, should I start a new case, or should I contact them by other means? I haven’t shipped the item back to the seller because I didn’t see any instructions calling me to do that. Do I need to actually ship the item back to the seller before I can receive my refund? But if I remember correctly, the seller stated ‘No returns accepted’ on the listing.

Sorry if I sounded like I was being ignorant, because this is the first time I’ve dealt with a refund and going through the whole process. I’ve done some searching, but I couldn’t find anything about GSP refunds.

Any help would be appreciated, especially if you’ve used the GSP before as well.

Has anyone noticed a general rise in prices of 1:18th scale models? I had a look at eBay as I hadn't bought any models for a good while and I was pretty surprised. I valued my collection according to eBay prices and there were three cars that gave me a shock at values:
Finally this one was the biggest surprise as although it's a really nice model I cant believe what it's going for.

Any thoughts?

Inflation and currency exchange rates will almost certainly play a role in the appreciated value.
People reselling model cars are in a way making their own stock market here I find.

The early people who buy the models the day they come out for $99 relist it on the online market for $599. The absurdity in pricing won't garner any attention that early when there's still a high supply to go around. People looking for a more reasonable sell may benchmark the $599 and list it for $300.... $200, maybe $150.

Some people won't wait. They don't want to chance it that they'll miss out on a better price than that. They buy it up at $150. Now the whole world knows that someone was willing to paid $51 over retail pricing. New sellers are now going to start there (if they're smart). Consumers are at the mercy of the seller when retail stores are sold out of the specific item. You can expect any new competitive listing now to be tween the $150 and the $200 listing that has yet to sell. Repeat this process for a little longer an eventually even those who waited it out may cave and settle on forking up $200 for the thing when we see an increase of people willing to pay a bit more for the next cheapest one. Once all those smaller price tags are sold, now you're left with the one and only $599 that the first guy never budged on. Of course most people may not be willing to settle for $599 so easily, with no one else selling their model, that seller can now call the shots on pricing, even if it's not worth that much intrinsically. All it takes is for one person to cave on that pricing for future listings to start that high (again if people are paying attention).

I recently picked up a Minichamps Mercedes SL65 Black Series. Minichamps normally states how many models of a particular car they produce. This one didn't have that number, so I don't know how scarce it is to come across this discontinued item. Minichamps 1/18 (aside from that obscure resin line-up), aren't exactly the top notch brand in terms of quality, so how this model ended up being worth over $300 is beyond me... but I reckon it is largely due to a lack of availability being completely overtaken by the demand of people loving the poop out of this car (me).

Has any of you been told by eBay that they will give you a refund after having your product broken during transport under Global Shipping Program, but nothing comes of it after you’ve waited for two weeks or longer? I noticed that a model car I bought on eBay arrived with a broken side mirror, and I contacted the seller, who asked me to open a case with eBay’s Resolution Center because the damage was done during the shipping, which was carried out under the Global Shipping Program. I opened a case, uploaded pics of the damaged model, and the seller quickly uploaded pics of the package to prove that he packaged the parcel very securely and well after that. eBay soon replied that they’re sorry that my item arrived damaged, and they will issue a refund to my Paypal account, which should take 2 to 5 days to process. So the case was closed, and everything went smoothly, I thought. But I’ve waited for 2 weeks since then, and there is still no refund in my Paypal account. I know I needed to contact somebody from eBay to follow-up with the refund, but I don’t know who I should find. Should I just send an email to the general customer service inbox, or should I find the Resolution Center to help again? If it’s the latter, should I start a new case, or should I contact them by other means? I haven’t shipped the item back to the seller because I didn’t see any instructions calling me to do that. Do I need to actually ship the item back to the seller before I can receive my refund? But if I remember correctly, the seller stated ‘No returns accepted’ on the listing.

Sorry if I sounded like I was being ignorant, because this is the first time I’ve dealt with a refund and going through the whole process. I’ve done some searching, but I couldn’t find anything about GSP refunds.

Any help would be appreciated, especially if you’ve used the GSP before as well.

Never dealt with GSP. Hated paying the extra when sellers really didn't have to use the program. Unless GSP for some reason requires that you ship it back, I wouldn't do it. The seller also submitted photos that they packed the item properly, meaning the seller isn't claiming accountability for it. You should be looking to get in touch with eBay since they promised you the refund. Follow up with them. Call if you have to and get a case number each time you communicate with an agent. Get their name and date of when you spoken with them. If you do a live chat, get a copy of the transcript if possible (or copy & paste the text conversation. Screenshots are also good too). The last thing you want to put up with is the "we don't have record of this, we never said that" line. If they're professionals, this shouldn't be too bad, but cover yourself so that you have something to show and hold them accountable for what they said.

Keep us posted.

Yeah, even things that seemed to only be barely above $100 a couple of years ago now have asking prices in 3-400 dollar range. It makes me wish I had bought some of those "common" cars (NSX, GT-R, etc.) a few years back. I can't bring myself to spend big bucks on that kind of stuff.

How do you all feel about the plates on scale models? Either the ones that mimic license plates or the ones that have the model designation. I gotta say, I don't like them at all because they're never consistent so you can have a collection with an assortment of plate types or no plates at all, like in the photo below. I would prefer a totally blank model. Plus, anyone can add plates if they want them.

I am definitely overthinking it a little, but this bothers me more than it should. :lol:
50043738018_804a5a25cd_b.jpg

I prefer models with no plates as well. It pains me whenever a model has a front plate attached especially.
I wonder if there is a safe way to remove them, I'd consider trying it. A few of my models have crooked plates I've been meaning to fix, too.

I wonder if there is a safe way to remove them, I'd consider trying it. A few of my models have crooked plates I've been meaning to fix, too.
I think with most GT Spirits and Ottos, you can just peel them off since it is just hot glue usually. But AUTOart tends to like to use pegs and superglue, which make removing their plates a pain. Plus you still have the holes left over from where the plate was mounted. Not sure how Minichamps does theirs, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is similar to AUTOart.

I think with most GT Spirits and Ottos, you can just peel them off since it is just hot glue usually. But AUTOart tends to like to use pegs and superglue, which make removing their plates a pain. Plus you still have the holes left over from where the plate was mounted. Not sure how Minichamps does theirs, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is similar to AUTOart.
Good information, thanks for sharing. I am definitely going to try removing the front plates for the GT Spirits, at least, because I don't like how thin and flimsy they are. May not mess with the others just yet.

20200716_171426.jpg

20200716_174246.jpg

This is a Ferrari 348 by Mira and it's been sitting for a while until I decided what to do with it. I've never modified a model before so new wheels and paint. I'm unsure what colour so any suggestions? Tips from anyone who has done this before would be appreciated :D

Back