GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
What cars by what brands in what scale are you hopeful for? Unconfirmed release desires.

EDIT - With me for instance, I would like to see a Kyosho 1/64 scale DB11 release. In black.

You talking things that there are currently no plans on making? Because I'd love to see Spark make an older 1/43 Viper GTS-R. The Ixo ones are a bit outdated and aren't the most accurate. If I could get a Spark GTS-R Team Oreca #51 from Le Mans in 2000, I'd be one chuffed chap.

It hurt a lot when I shelled out the amount I paid for the R33. I can't imagine anyone with good reason would justify shelling out THAT much for this scale.

That money can buys me two of these: (Im still thinking about getting one)

Screenshot_2020-03-06-21-08-44-197_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

A word warning for those getting into collecting rare and hard to find 1:43 JDM cars(J-Tin)...thanks to real world boost In 80’s to 90’s Japanese vehicles, that same hype and value trickles down to the models...I want a civic eg for my Honda collection, but I’m skeptical of dropping nearly 500$ for a small little delicate model..

these prices are outrageous. that’s 2 to 3 decent 1:18 Autoarts... or 1 great one. This hobby pisses me off sometimes.

I started watching Initial D and almost impulsively bought a 1:18 AE86 from AutoART for $262 CAD. Almost. Talk me out of it (or not). :nervous:

Most I have spent on a scale model is $300. Anything more than that and my internal freakout mode kicks in. I can't ever spend more than that on a scale model, no matter what scale it's in.

I have a question for the thread as I've been looking for some time to try and find a scale model of the Toyota Auris estate
in black or dark blue colour?

I see plenty of models of the hatchback but the reason I am searching for the estate is my brothers owns a 2015 model and has always wanted a model of it as well.

Can anyone advise if one was made, ideally I was looking for 1:43 scale or smaller!

Thanks for any help!

I started watching Initial D and almost impulsively bought a 1:18 AE86 from AutoART for $262 CAD. Almost. Talk me out of it (or not). :nervous:

AUTOart would be mighty expensive nowadays. Then again, so would Ignition models.

Keep tabs on cars79.com. They're based in Alberta.
Or check nicecardiecast, based in Quebec, but be careful as Chrome has marked that site security is outdated.

I think it doesn't exist ; there is previous Auris by minichamps but no 2015 model. Sorry [made some research only concerning 1:43]

Thanks, I suspected that was the case but perhaps one day there will be one.

Some recent 1:43 pickups, I have completely ran out of room for anymore 1:18, so I’ll be sticking to 1:43’s for awhile. (2nd fav scale) gotta stop spending so much at one time... but I always buy in bulk. 8 models ain’t bad, when I usually buy 20-30 at one time lol.

Last edited:
I have a weird obsession of wanting to buy models of cars I've experienced. Working at a BMW dealership has made me want more models and randomly found this RMZ City BMW M550i at my local grocery store.
90610779_10222617959417055_3957523840245956608_n.jpg

After being disappointed by the Tomica BMW Z4, I was still craving a 3rd generation Z4 model. Found a Kinsmart Z4 on eBay, despite that I can't seem o find it on Kinsmart's official site. Looks great! Kinsmart seems to be getting better and better as they go, compared to RMZ's poor quality. A shame it seems like my grocery stores are dumping their Kinsmarts for RMZ City models.
90508441_10222617959737063_39004015354183680_n.jpg

Usually im interested in F1 1/18 models, but this one i had to have.
911 RSR 2018 Le Mans 1/18, i could have chosen the pink pig, but i simply wouldnt be happy with it.
Even i know it won the race but pink on porsche is not my thing so i took the beautiful blue one. And im really happy with it.
I really like the race car, its my first and hopefully my last car. Cuz you know as a collector once you but the first one you cant stop. Then buy this, that.... only F1 wich i have 98 models
porsche-911-rsr-91-24-heures-du-mans-2018-spark-18s392.jpg

Back