GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Never thought I'd say this.... but the carbon fiber pulls it all together.

Also, if for any reason you need to let go of the silver CLK GTR from GTS, I'm your man.
If GT Spirit ever releases a red CLK-GTR Super Sport I might be inclined to sell it to you lol
But yeah, the color combo of gunmetal and carbon fiber looks awesome on the S2K. It just might be my favorite Ignition right now.

made a shoot with some of my McLaren road cars :

was a bit of a logistical nightmare, but worth it
Amazing McLaren collection! I am still kicking myself for not getting the M6B GT though...

I always wonder what the scale of all the models posted in this thread is. Not really important but it's nice to know.
The vast majority of the models I post pictures of are 1/18. I don't post my 1/43 stuff very often.

Told myself I wouldn't go down the road of getting race cars in my collection, but there are a few I wanted including a 1/18 scale 911 3.0 Carrera RSR from GT Spirit. Spark made the same model, which is better, but harder to find and more expensive.

It's not bad, pretty basic though, and the model is resin of course, so no opening parts. Just love the way the super wide tires look.
51325255032_b489619e97_b.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, wow. Thought it was just plain black going off what I could remember from pics you've posted over the years. Must look great in the sun when it's all nice and clean (which being a dark color car I assume lasts for about, 10 minutes? 🤪😂). 👍
:lol:

Yeah it does look good... very rarely. The main time I used to see the flecks was during sun showers which aren't a regular occurrence down here. Haven't seen them for years though :indiff:

Sounds like the dark blue might be the best bet for now. There's another version of the VC that Biante did years back that's black and silver. Ended up getting that when it was released because I figured it was going to as close as I was ever going to get to mine in the big scale. Luckily there aren't as many visual differences between the old VB/VC models as there obviously are with FPV's. 😅
I'll probably will pull the trigger on the dark blue one, and yeah, heaps of differences. My particular model was the only GT-P that didn't carry the wheels on to the next gen for one thing (lucky I have two full sets :D).

Edit: ****, ****, ****. I just rang to ask about the freight price and it sold just before closing last night and there's none left anywhere 😭. He's having a closing down sale unfortunately and has been inundated with sales and didn't have time yet to update his website.

Edit 2: I told my wife about this and she laughed at me because this happens quiet often with things I look at buying. Being a serial procrastinator sucks... but she was right to laugh. I am too... now :crazy::lol:

I've always loved those black and silver two tone paint jobs from back then, especially on the Statesman :drool:, but all the different Commodore ones looked pretty good too. Your new diecast of your car along with the other two tone one would look great together on display 🔥👍

Last edited:
Edit: *, *, ****. I just rang to ask about the freight price and it sold just before closing last night and there's none left anywhere 😭. He's having a closing down sale unfortunately and has been inundated with sales and didn't have time yet to update his website.
Oh, man. That friggin sucks. 🤦‍♂️ Nothing I assume on eBay or anywhere else? ☹️ Shame too that guy is closing down. Hope it's not due to the pandamic or anything.
but she was right to laugh. I am too... now :crazy::lol:
I know that feeling. You just have to laugh. 😓 😂👍
Your new diecast of your car along with the other two tone one would look great together on display 🔥👍
Yeah, it's definitely cool to have both.

Oh, man. That friggin sucks. 🤦‍♂️ Nothing I assume on eBay or anywhere else? ☹️ Shame too that guy is closing down. Hope it's not due to the pandamic or anything.
It was the perfect storm for him unfortunately. Covid caused the owners of the building he was renting to sell up and as business wasn't going all that well he decided to shut up shop rather than try and find somewhere else suitable and move huge amounts of stock. He did say jokingly that if he new closing down would sell this much stock he would have done it years ago. It reminded me of the Simpsons episode about the Leftorium.

And nah, nothing decent or close to that in price. Next best in my year is this :yuck::

Or this at $600 :ill:

He did say jokingly that if he new closing down would sell this much stock he would have done it years ago. It reminded me of the Simpsons episode about the Leftorium.
😂 👍
And nah, nothing decent or close to that in price. Next best in my year is this :yuck::
Yeah, silver with the black stripes is by far the cooler of the two. Not for $600 though, holy hell. 😲

😂 👍

Yeah, silver with the black stripes is by far the cooler of the two. Not for $600 though, holy hell. 😲
And then there's this I found later;

$900 😲😲😲

I'm procrastinating about this one now. :dopey:

I already have the 2003 #4 and the 2004 #1 in Scalextric cars so this could be a good addition.

Not all that great mobile phone picture but anyway, shelf buddies.

IMG20210723152041.jpg

$900 😲😲😲
Insanity.
I'm procrastinating about this one now. :dopey:
I always liked the Pirtek liveries back then. The guy driving the car, not so much though (sorry). 😅

Cool that you have the Scalextric versions. I've avoided slot cars (so far) because I get the feeling, as soon as I get one, more will inevitable follow. 😂

Looking at the beautiful models again, I'm getting butterflies in my stomach. Some of the models posted in this thread are so beautiful that I would definitely want a couple of model cars of my own.

Only I'm a little bit of a perfectionist (in some cases only) and I want the models that I want to be as detailed and original as possible.
I'd not go smaller than 1/12 because I want these cars to be big.

But I don't know which car model brands are the best. Metal is for sure the way to go but what will these cost? An arm and a leg or .....?

Last edited:
Diecast 1/12 is a basically a thing of the past now... And selection is quite poor, and stupidelly expansive for a level of detail not that much greater than some 1/18.

But if you must go this road, check the Tamiya 1/12 Carrera GT or their Ferrari. Not in metal though but all opening parts.

Last edited:
Not all that great mobile phone picture but anyway, shelf buddies.

View attachment 1069204

Insanity.

I always liked the Pirtek liveries back then. The guy driving the car, not so much though (sorry). 😅

Cool that you have the Scalextric versions. I've avoided slot cars (so far) because I get the feeling, as soon as I get one, more will inevitable follow. 😂
I was wrong about having the '03 BA, it's been a long time since I used them. It's actually the AU... and what's wrong with Marcos, what a legend. So much so our cat is named after him (Amba Rose, she's a she so it's the best I could do and still keep my wife talking to me :sly:). But I do understand how you Holdies might dislike him after the towelling up of you guys he did ;).

Some of my slot car collection (with ''The Legends'' NASCAR :D)

20210725_100925.jpg
20210725_101004.jpg

It's actually a lot bigger than it looks in this photo. The structure it's on dwarfs the table tennis table that's underneath it.

IMG_6985.JPG
Edit: I'm not sure why my post came out like this and I'm even less sure of how to fix it. I must admit I'm struggling a bit with this new format :embarrassed:.

Edit2: Aahh, that's got it :D

Last edited:
Well if you're looking for one, I still have mine. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks.

I think that the import taxes (if there are any in this case) and the transport costs will make it too expensive.

Picked up a 1/18 scale 991.2 GT2 RS in Voodoo Blue from Minichamps. I have a lot of blue models already but couldn't pass up on this color. Sadly, the box arrived damaged, which is a shame because it's a pretty cool looking box on the back with a picture of the real car on the Nurburgring.

51370931515_052c7516cd_b.jpg

51370152643_3d768b7393_b.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this 1/18 GT Spirit A90 Supra at a diecast store whilst I was visiting Los Angeles. Worried about bringing it on the plane, but turned out fine with the packaging. Saved me on shipping it at least. Wanted a Renaissance red A90 since driving one, but a little disappointed it's got the all black wheels.

240631974_10227111412950585_7330080605833367893_n.jpg

After buying FIVE of these Minichamps 1/18 scale 991 GT2 RS models (because they were released days or weeks apart), I finally decided on the colors I will keep and sold the rest. The GT2 RS Weissach edition in "acid" green and the standard GT2 RS in Voodoo blue.

51422194941_b38d3de2d2_b.jpg
I don't know if I ever buy one of these as I already have a couple of Sparks GT2 RS already.

MSZ
I don't know if I ever buy one of these as I already have a couple of Sparks GT2 RS already.
I've got a few of the Spark versions as well (non-Weissach editions), but I plan to sell them. Just think the look overall is better with the Minichamps especially the wheel size. Mostly just prefer the colors.

Last edited:
I've got a few of the Spark versions as well (non-Weissach editions), but I plan to sell them. Just think the look overall is better with the Minichamps especially the wheel size. Mostly just prefer the colors.
Yea, as always Minichamps knows how to get the proportion of the models right, especially when it comes to Porsche and Bimmer.

Back