GTPlanet TT Club | NonRaceCar Super Lap | Rally Car Super Lap

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow! Thats a massive improvement, well done 👍 And probably the right thing to do when using a wheel :)
Hi, @CRANK_U1, I have a question regarding the DS3 and LSD settings. I use the DS3 default controller setup(left stick for steering and right stick for accel/brake, controller sensitivity +7, manual trans. But I do faster laps with lower LSD settings. An example is the current Bathurst TT, the first 2 days I used your tune and got down to a 2:14:xxx, then changed to @WhoosierGirl's tune and within a couple of laps got down to a 2:13:4xx and then 2 laps later to my current PB of 2:13:229. Both tunes are great but it just seems easier for me to go faster with the lower LSD numbers. I have read the forums about the different DS3 setups here on GTP about mapping accel/brake to the left/right triggers etc... but it's hard for me to kick my 14 year analog stick habit:lol:....been with it since GT2. Is the above situation normal, have u come across anyone like this. Any insight will be welcome from u or anyone else as well:), just curious.Thanks in advance.

Rally Car Super Lap- 3:43.634 Rank: 452th- Car CZ3 Tarmac Rally car- finished.
Aston VGT- 0:46.856 Rank: 605th.
Nissan VGT- 1:38.521 Rank: 1635th.

Above times accurate as at 01:57am South African time. might go back to the 2 VGT TTs and the Bathurst TT as well.

I switched to the GSX and there's no doubt it's way quicker overall than the P400 in my hands.
The P400 still edges it in the straights but is way slower in sector 2.
Managed a 2:15. 429 for 508th.

I also improved my Aston Martin time. I'd mistakenly assumed it was a FR car so was using TC of 3.
Once I realised it was 4WD I changed TC to 0 and clocked a 47.680.

Hidden ALIEN :bowdown: maybe i should learn that on the controller but have no clue what to use its bad enough with a few buttons let alone more..anyway well done :cheers::D..now you got the taste try it on the rest 👍
:lol: Far from it mate. Crank is the one to ask about manual on the ds3 ;) I will practice with the manual trans though. Whilst it is a lot extra to contend with it does have its advantages ( early shifting, braking etc ) I will practice on the A spec seasonals as I do a lot of these with a lot of different cars 👍
Can't see how the ds3 guys use Manual and handbrake at the same time and concentrate on braking points etc :boggled: :bowdown: Crank is one talented guy :bowdown:

Any way I checked on Ancestry.com and I am definately from this planet :lol: I just looked at the #10 ranked persons replay and replicated his gear changes and braking points. Took me a while but with more practice I could improve more with the MT.

And besides you are the real " Hidden Alien " imagine how much faster you would be with a good wheel and MT 👍 I struggle to keep up wth you as it is :bowdown: You must have escaped from Roswell at same stage :lol::lol:

Last edited:
so what do you guys use as in MT with ds3 at moment my main thing for AT is R2 accel L2 brake LEFT analog for steering,so how hard is it,mind you i dont think my brain,eyes,fingers etc could be as one but will try different things,i'm all ears :cheers: now i have used MT with me little wheel but even then can muck it up but is fun,just dont get the chance to use it often enough so maybe time to try ds3..

Last edited:
I have the same set up for Accel, Brake and Steering and spent some time getting the best ergonomic set up for changing gears as well. I ended up using for up-shift and for down-shift. You do have to kind of wedge the right handle between your pinky and ring finger but it's pretty easy to get comfortable with this set up 👍

Hi, @CRANK_U1, I have a question regarding the DS3 and LSD settings. I use the DS3 default controller setup(left stick for steering and right stick for accel/brake, controller sensitivity +7, manual trans. But I do faster laps with lower LSD settings. An example is the current Bathurst TT, the first 2 days I used your tune and got down to a 2:14:xxx, then changed to @WhoosierGirl's tune and within a couple of laps got down to a 2:13:4xx and then 2 laps later to my current PB of 2:13:229. Both tunes are great but it just seems easier for me to go faster with the lower LSD numbers. I have read the forums about the different DS3 setups here on GTP about mapping accel/brake to the left/right triggers etc... but it's hard for me to kick my 14 year analog stick habit:lol:....been with it since GT2. Is the above situation normal, have u come across anyone like this. Any insight will be welcome from u or anyone else as well:), just curious.Thanks in advance.
A lower LSD setting is always faster, especially intial torque because it rotates the car a lot better but that was my problem :D I just couldn't keep the car facing the right way in mid corner with whogirl tune.
May i ask if you were using any driving assists? Oh, & awesome time with the right stick mate 👍 :bowdown:

I used to play GT1 to GT4 with AT, square for brake, X for throttle with middle of thumb planted on X so i could overlap. I started to experiment with MT on GT5 as it was my first online experience and i noticed in the TTs that the top 10 were always using MT so i gave it a shot. I found it hard at first and just kept going back to my old ways as it felt like multi-tasking but i eventually started to use it more with GT6 and now i will never go back to AT again as you have so much better control on how the car behaves with MT and ultimately i became faster.

I noticed a Japanese player called Samurai_405 in the top 10 in GTA 2013 final round who used DS3 and i had to watch his replay and noticed he kept dabbing the X button for controlled acceleration which i never even thought of doing :dopey: so i ended up practicing that too, and just for a change i switched from square to L2 for braking as i found this was easier for trail braking with the shoulder buttons not being that sensitive.
So there's my journey from GT1 to GT6 :) I hope it inspires people to learn new things and keep practising because i've ended up a better player because of it 👍
I now use L stick for steering, L2 brake, X accelerator, R1 R2 gear up/down and the occasional handbrake O if needed :sly:
sorry for double post :embarrassed:

Last edited:
I use left stick for steering, X acc, [] for brake, AT, active steering and TC unless it's a 4WD or a very low PP car.
I also used my son to get gold with the red bull at goodwood since I could manage no better than bronze.

I used to use buttons for steering but started switching during GT acadamy 2012 when I realised it was a lot quicker to do the slow long sweeping bend test in the Prius with the stick.
It took about 2 months to totally switch over, it had the added benefit of putting a lot less strain on my left thumb.

Since then I've tried L2 and R2 for accelerate and brake a few times but no joy. I've no real feel for how hard to pull the triggers.
Not tried MT in a while, I don't drive in real life so changing gears doesn't come naturally, I'll give it a go with the Aston.

As for LSD I'm currently using 8/22/15 for the GSX with my own tune but only set it up yesterday so likely to change. Generally I use the following ranges5-10 / 12-30/ 5- 20

Tried out the Aston Martin DP for the second time since I got it and ran a couple days ago!! lol Still slow per usual but on my 2nd go I managed Silver with a 52.100.. Im thinking 20 or 30 more goes at it and I should strike GOLD!! haha We shall see how it goes!!

:cheers: for the tips guys 👍 ,might give some of these settings a bash on slow cars to start to see how muddled up i get and i'm sure there will be lots of this :banghead: 🤬 :mad: but no less than now :lol:

I've just spent a couple of hours trying out MT with the Aston.
I used R1 for gear up and L2 for gear down.
The extra straight line speed was immediately obvious but I kept missing gear changes and getting distracted from steering.
After a while my times started to improve and eventually beat my AT time by .08.
All the extra straight line speed was being lost in the S bend section.
The data logger is very useful for comparing the differences and a great addition to the TT screens.

Before quitting I thought I'd have another go with R1 and L2 switched around and somehow pulled a 47.369 out of the bag.
Still a very long way from it feeling natural but I'll definitely keep trying.

I'd like to thank Joeledward and Crank_U1 for inspiring me to give it a go and would recommend iit to all AT users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back