GTPlanet Vinyling ClubMusic 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 941 comments
And......

Another LP lands. To be honest I ordered this on Friday evening and it arrived today.

Nathan Micay aka Bawana has released his debut LP “Blue Spring” taking inspiration from Akira and mixing it into some brill Techno. The other pic is his EP “Capsule’s Pride” also done in the same vein.

F56D062D-650A-45BC-B2E5-DD00B09F6421.jpeg

15D5852E-8D3C-4116-977F-2A15A0DC2EE4.jpeg

9A103CED-4C35-410E-981A-D3A02F845AFF.jpeg
A very dull image to look at but an interesting record.

It’s a test pressing 1 of 5 from Swiss label WRWTFWW Records. It’s a quirky electronic album from Japanese trio “Normal Brain” called “Lady Maid”

Released in the 80s and is 6 tracks of weird synth and drum machine music including vocals from a Speak and Spell.

I've been too busy this month to make my usual monthly stop at the record store, so I decided to risk ordering a couple online.

First is "The Whippoorwill" by Blackberry Smoke.

15602991582098368387260887474933.jpg

Second is "Reckless Heart" by Joanne Shaw Taylor. This one came all the way from England so I was more worried than usual. Thankfully it made the trip with no issues. It was oddly $6 cheaper on her official site compared to Amazon, granted I still would have gone through her site even if it was reversed.

20190611_192254.jpg

I also purchased a new needle as the old one is starting to wear out.

Wow, it’s been a month without new wax!! Need to address that so I picked up two orders I had with my local record shop.

76A8E20F-A3E3-4B93-9390-69C7A0A3C4E8.jpeg

First is “Amplified Heart” by “Everything But The Girl”. When it was released in 1994 it didn’t get a record version and only came out on CD. Ben Watt has had the fully back to OG tapes and remastered this, plus it’s a half speed cut at Abby Road so sounds top notch.

The other new purchase is the second album by South Korean multi instrumentalist “Park Jiha” if you like world music with a twist then this is for you.

94422BF9-711D-4D2D-92EF-D4D7DF7AC00B.jpeg

New arrival from WRWTFWW Records. 1 of 20 test pressings for the release of Ghost In The Shell soundtrack.

F9486A9D-0977-4632-AB05-1D63209EE59F.jpeg

I have the official release with the 7” also. Having the test press is icing on the cake.

I'm getting a record player and it's supposed to come this week. My parents have some old LPs in the closet (mostly Beatles; they never solved the mystery of why a piece broke off one of the White Album discs). My mom wants to spin Magical Mystery Tour when the player comes. I ordered a copy of the Yes album Drama with it and I'm also getting Rio by Duran Duran.

I'm getting a record player and it's supposed to come this week. My parents have some old LPs in the closet (mostly Beatles; they never solved the mystery of why a piece broke off one of the White Album discs). My mom wants to spin Magical Mystery Tour when the player comes. I ordered a copy of the Yes album Drama with it and I'm also getting Rio by Duran Duran.

Welcome to the hobby. If you get hooked it’s a slippery slope.

A few more from me, plus there maybe another tomorrow.

This is a brill debut synth LP from Bass Gutarist of “The Sword” Bryan Richie aka “Galactic Protector”

If you like Air (French Band) and their laid back synth style then you’ll get on with this. It’s like a score written for a roleplay of No Mans Sky. It’s brill and looks stunning.

300419F8-3B18-4B9C-98A3-A6D4BB328A9B.jpeg

C8F5BFA1-5762-4004-89D7-EB18CF687E8F.jpeg

I also picked up a bit often seen gem and a record I’ve wanted for ages. Koo Koo by Debbie Harry. I mainly wanted this for the Sleeve and Inner Sleeve due to the artwork by Giger.

3DCA987D-DA29-49B7-B60A-A30158CCB333.jpeg

My player arrived. Decided to put in Drama and we brought out my parents' old LPs. It's mostly Beatles, except for Pearl by Janis Joplin. That disc is probably over 40 years old but it still works. The Beatles records also seem to be intact except for a piece that fell off one of the White Album discs.

My player arrived. Decided to put in Drama and we brought out my parents' old LPs. It's mostly Beatles, except for Pearl by Janis Joplin. That disc is probably over 40 years old but it still works. The Beatles records also seem to be intact except for a piece that fell off one of the White Album discs.

The white album is known to go brittle. It’s possible due to the compound used at the time.

New arrival. Another 12” compilation of a selection of cuts. Brought together by Pete the head guy over at On The Corner Records.

AACA54F8-8678-41B7-9E12-46AB75B6B2BB.jpeg

New arrival... actually it’s a week old now but I didn’t take any shots till today.

Dean Hurley has worked with David Lynch musically for some time and also has done remixes for John Carpenter tracks to name a few things. He has pedigree of a high standing and this collection of soundscapes and ambient tracks is a really good chilled listen. If you love deep ambient music with a spiritual even horror edge then this might be up your street.

77C2303F-9676-4DA5-93D8-F05AAAEB5EBC.jpeg

SdkKNg6.jpg

This is the noise that keeps me awake. I was not expecting this one to come today. They said it "might be late" but I didn't know when it would come. I looked and said it was supposed to have come yesterday. When I got it I was expecting Foxtrot, which was also supposed to come today.

One hour later:
1aNliEt.jpg

And it's hello babe, they got 'em out by Friday, about an hour after the Garbage record came in.

Last edited:
New arrival. Picked it up yesterday but got around to spinning it today. Really enjoyed it. I’m not a huge gangsta rap side of hip hop fan but with Madlib on production it was in my listening ballpark.

7CCA7880-0832-470C-9196-C2F88E9462BF.jpeg

I decided to focus on classic rock during my latest trip to the record store.

20190809_175602.jpg

Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride (This album is far better than it gets credit for)
Queen - News of the World
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (I'm embarrassed it took so long to get it on vinyl )
Blue Öyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin & Spectres

Fantastic double LP of folk, jazz and spaced out music. A real must listen.

7059F41B-4B86-4152-BF2C-328267BEA845.jpeg

6FD3863B-1996-4D7D-A4BE-54F3A139BE91.jpeg

I decided to focus on classic rock during my latest trip to the record store.

View attachment 842135

Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride (This album is far better than it gets credit for)
Queen - News of the World
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (I'm embarrassed it took so long to get it on vinyl )
Blue Öyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin & Spectres
Dark Side of the Moon is the only one of those albums I'm familiar with at all (My parents both love it and I decided to pick up a copy) but that looks like a nice haul. I do have quite a few other seventies albums.

kfWBMxt.jpg

Though I have a whole bunch of other stuff I haven't shown off here, I picked this up recently. Apparently it was a Record Store Day 2017 release, limited to 5000 copies. I like picture discs mostly as novelties and collectibles. Going For the One and Tormato also have gotten RSD picture disc reissues and I will be getting a Going For the One picture disc. The "Return Trip" reissue of Fly From Here apparently is also on a picture disc but I'm not that interested. I'd want to track down the original Fly From Here (which was apparently released on an LP) but has become quite rare and expensive.

Last edited:
I may have pre-ordered this...:D

Y4LPOZ008.jpg

Looks a nice set. I’ve only got 1 Ozzy LP (Have most Sabbath ones) which isn’t on the pic. Does this span a certain amount of years?

Just read about the set. The pic doesn’t do the amount of music justice. 16 LPs!!!! Nice.

Looks a nice set. I’ve only got 1 Ozzy LP (Have most Sabbath ones) which isn’t on the pic. Does this span a certain amount of years?

Just read about the set. The pic doesn’t do the amount of music justice. 16 LPs!!!! Nice.

It probably would have helped if I included some more info. :lol:

Here are the albums it includes. The only releases it doesn't have are the Speak of the Devil live album which consists of Sabbath songs and the Under Cover cover album, neither are really deal breakers with their exclusions.

Albums Included:
  1. Blizzard Of Ozz (1 LP)
  2. Mr. Crowley live (1 LP) *
  3. Diary Of A Madman (1 LP)
  4. Bark At The Moon (1 LP) *
  5. The Ultimate Sin (1 LP) *
  6. Tribute (2 LP) *
  7. No Rest For The Wicked (1 LP) *
  8. Just Say Ozzy (1L P) *
  9. No More Tears (for the first time as a 2 LP set) **
  10. Live & Loud (3 LP) *
  11. Ozzmosis (2 LP) *
  12. Down To Earth (1 LP) *
  13. Flippin’ The B Side (newly compiled collection of non-LP tracks) **
  14. Live At Budokan (2 LP) **
  15. Black Rain (2 LP) *
  16. Scream (2 LP) *
* Currently unavailable on Vinyl
** Previously unreleased on Vinyl

And a better picture of the contents.

Y4LPOZ008-03.jpg

It probably would have helped if I included some more info. :lol:

Here are the albums it includes. The only releases it doesn't have are the Speak of the Devil live album which consists of Sabbath songs and the Under Cover cover album, neither are really deal breakers with their exclusions.

Albums Included:
  1. Blizzard Of Ozz (1 LP)
  2. Mr. Crowley live (1 LP) *
  3. Diary Of A Madman (1 LP)
  4. Bark At The Moon (1 LP) *
  5. The Ultimate Sin (1 LP) *
  6. Tribute (2 LP) *
  7. No Rest For The Wicked (1 LP) *
  8. Just Say Ozzy (1L P) *
  9. No More Tears (for the first time as a 2 LP set) **
  10. Live & Loud (3 LP) *
  11. Ozzmosis (2 LP) *
  12. Down To Earth (1 LP) *
  13. Flippin’ The B Side (newly compiled collection of non-LP tracks) **
  14. Live At Budokan (2 LP) **
  15. Black Rain (2 LP) *
  16. Scream (2 LP) *
* Currently unavailable on Vinyl
** Previously unreleased on Vinyl

And a better picture of the contents.

I hope on the back of this they release a standard double LP version of "No More Tears" I have the OG 1st pressing and would like to compare the new remaster, especially with the songs being given more room to breath on the two slabs of wax. It looks a great set and considering the amount of music its a decent price.

New pick up.

SH copy of Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Broadcasting From Home. If you’ve never had a chance to listen to PCO then change that. Wonderful Folk/Jazz/Chilled vibes coming from this group.

544E80AD-2EE1-43AA-BE5A-BAB47AB858F9.jpeg

A few new pickups. First here is a disappointing one. When Vangelis made the soundtrack to Blade Runner, he didn’t write it down (that anyone is aware of) so a company called Note For Note have had the whole soundtrack transcribed and recreated. However after being a fan of the original score and listening to it hundreds of times, I know it backwards, this note for note replica is missing notes and has some miss steps along the way.

A great idea but not well executed.

5A02924D-1037-445F-8BFA-A3D2E06C4143.jpeg

Another Everything But The Girl LP added. I’m always on the lookout for others. As always it’s and OG press.

ABDDCE7D-3080-4E89-84D0-0B1835C763D4.jpeg

A new release from Wu-Tangs Inspectah Deck. He’s had his ups and downs with personal projects, however putting out constant work with Czarface seems to have helped him keep it real and add more consistency to this new album.

5138A348-3149-432A-AE15-EBAF254B62DB.jpeg

Last is an OG press of Crocodiles by Echo and the Bunnymen. I’m not 100% familiar with this record so will be interesting when I get to play it. Just a heads up, EATBm have their BBC Sessions our at the end of the week.

6FB9043E-8C5B-4BBD-8F41-9A4B6FF513E9.jpeg

New in..

First is a follow up to the Capsules Pride EP and Blue Spring LP by Nathan Micay. This time I managed to get a copy with the tribute Manga to Katsuhiro Otomo. Both the other bits of wax at the top of this page.

036F63C9-33B9-4406-83EE-7AB1913D8917.jpeg

08534CB3-6CAE-4710-9D4F-C36C971A9B01.jpeg

The second LP is the long anticipated full length LP from Dream Division. Put out by Polytechnic Youth on wax and tape by the artist himself over at Bandcamp. If you love very dark brooding synthwave then this will be up your street.

1DB47943-416A-437F-B853-906ED1BBEB01.jpeg

565AD7D9-7E11-4BE3-88C3-A23AF93A0A33.jpeg

I have some other stuff too but I haven’t taken any images yet. Those are to come.

Edit

More added.

Picked up the back catalogue of Sons Of Kemet. If you didn’t hear last years awesome album “Your Queen Is A Reptile” then you really need to. I have yet to spin these two, but both are on Naim Jazz Records. Naim are a pretty famous High End HiFi brand and their label has pedigree for high quality recordings, so I have great expectations for these.

1CFC1E49-6029-4BA1-8308-B4E4AF503D85.jpeg

196A1FDB-BD50-44DC-8D24-4D3D80E933BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Quite a few more added to the ever growing collection with a boat load more on order over the coming months.

First up is the Boyz N The Hood soundtrack. I adore the film so naturally when I heard a 2LP version was being released I had to get one ordered.

BEBB1126-C0C5-4D8C-AC57-03A80E62365C.jpeg

Next is a fantastic spoken word album by the always on point and deep Tenesha The WordSmith. A very potent and critical look at the world as it is today for Black America her personal life etc.

C3139EA9-B6C7-453A-BED6-6BCA3D7EA4FF.jpeg

Also released in On The Corner Records is this 2 track dub plate of only 50 copies worldwide.

2CF1B3AA-BB89-45DE-8F49-2DBFA0428C20.jpeg

This month also sees my all time favourite game soundtrack get a release on wax for the first time and possibly the last as LAG records are closing up shop and this is supposed to be their last release.

38C2FA14-BB57-4430-A457-2FA5814217B1.jpeg

While at my local today, I couldn’t pass up a Warlock EP. I love Doro and her voice so naturally I needed this for the collection.

AC8F8DD7-53E2-4A23-B88E-F19291C0E966.jpeg

The last record here is the latest find. Blue World was a recording of mystery and this is the first time is found its way onto a record. It’s a cracker and sounds fantastic.

583DE13E-71D2-4770-A9EC-6730D290BA23.jpeg

Back