General Rules and Guidelines:
- Survive the remainder of 2020 (i.e. 23:59.59 in your time zone) without listening to All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
- Only the original song performed by Mariah Carey counts. Remixes and the duet version with Justin Bieber don't count.
- Hearing any part of the song counts as getting Carey'd. If you're unsure whether it's a remix or the duet version, keep listening to find out, or use apps such as Shazam or Google Assistant. If you're still not sure, it may be in good faith to consider yourself out.
- GIFs, still images or muted video do not count.
- When you hear the music, consider yourself Carey'd, out of the competition..
- With the Banned User Log now retired for some time, we now have 'Underneath Mariah's Christmas Tree' If you get Carey'd, post here and tag myself (@Daniel or @TJ13) so one of us get a notification and can promptly update it.
- New for 2020! I have added a poll that allows you to change the vote. This can give us an indication of the ratio of 'safe' to 'Carey'd' players.
- Do not post any links to the song in this thread without sufficient warning. This place is a safe haven.
- While the rest of the site is free reign, keep in mind the site's rules regarding misleading (next bullet point)
- You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
- If you play the link in the OP with any intention outside of refreshing your memory (i.e.playing it over Skype or PSN), you will be Carey'd if you hear it.
Seems pretty easy. I can't lose because I have absolutely no idea what any of those things sound like, so I'd be entirely unaware of hearing them even if I did.I survived without hearing that awful Christmas song.
We should do a more hardcore challenge: GT Planet vs. Black Pink (2021) where we have to avoid the ice cream song or any of Black Pink's songs for the entire year.
Nice to see the record will still be held by a pair of massive tits.Last Christmas has finally become the Number 1 single in the UK. It previously held the record for most sales without being a #1, and now has taken "longest time to get to number 1" off Mariah.
Seems pretty easy. I can't lose because I have absolutely no idea what any of those things sound like, so I'd be entirely unaware of hearing them even if I did.