GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2023]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 257 comments

What's your current Carey'd status?

• Total voters
Nearly got Carey'd again in a cafe. Thankfully I was wearing my earphones when it happened.

Last edited:
Got Carey'd during grocery shopping, not that I mind though :) as mentioned earlier, I actually like both songs, so I would have played them anyway but the topic is hilarious :)

Close call on Saturday, band was playing a cover of the dreaded Carey classic. I'm impressed that I've now survived 2 trips to shopping centres without being Carey'd or Wham'd so close to Christmas, but it will only get harder from here. :scared:

I just got a random Teams message at work, telling me that I have the dreaded song as a charades prompt for a team-building exercise...
I was fully expecting somebody to play this or Last Christmas, but I got lucky and nobody played any music. Phew.

We had a happy hour at work and one of my users stopped a couple of different people from playing Mariah. She told them that she didn't want to upset me since I have to constantly fix her macbook 🤣. So I thanked her for that and I have been pretty good since then. Might actually make to Christmas

I don't want a lot for Christmas. There is just one thing I need... @Daniel's punny rundown of how the Carey casualties met their various demises.

I guess we have a poll to record our names but I'm missing the jokes this year.
Having done my fair share of those entries, it's nice to know they were appreciated.

I was prepared to do them again this year until @Daniel said he wasn't going to. I could possibly be coerced into revising that.

- - - - -

Currently sitting in the lobby at the clinic for the kids appointment. They're playing Christmas music but everything has been classic songs so far.

Unrelated - their bathroom smells like Fruity Pebbles. :lol:

Sorry I forgot your contribution @TB... I was trying to remember the name of his collaborator but it escaped me.

The weather widget on my Android tablet had a heartwarming story of a little girl whose home had been destroyed in a Tennessee tornado raising spirits with an impromptu Christmas song... like an idiot I clicked on the link. Don't make the same mistake as me.

Of course this is only a cover version but the recent trauma of being mariahed on Saturday is still fresh in my mind. You gotta admit, the moppet has a great pair of little lungs on her, though.

Last edited:
Thank god I didn't enter this year... I'm getting slaughtered at my job these days out of nowhere...

Mariah Carey Tweet GIF by Twitter

STAAAAAHP!! :banghead::banghead:

Got eliminated yesterday while cooking. We had been listening to Spotify (I didn't learn my lesson from the other day) but had been muting the TV during commercials and the one time my son didn't mute the TV quick enough it starts playing a snippet of Mariah. So I get done by my arrogance for listening to Spotify

I thought for sure I was gonna get 'Carey'd Away' yesterday at the dentist office for 90 minutes, but I only heard one x-mas song the whole time.

Jerome

I thought for sure I was gonna get 'Carey'd Away' yesterday at the dentist office for 90 minutes, but I only heard one x-mas song the whole time.
Was it Wham!? Hope you weren't strapped down.

6mqd.gif

Last edited:
I had a request for both songs for our Just Dance dance party today. I actually enjoyed singing along.

Had a very close call just now. This is the video I was watching before I paused it at about 27 seconds in when they stopped putting the actual lyrics that are in the song onscreen and started putting in the lyrics to the other song it was trying to get at. Managed to stop it before the audio abruptly switched to All I Want For Christmas, but if the uploader didn't start putting the lyrics for All I Want For Christmas, Mariah Carey would've broadsided me for sure.

Last edited:
I managed to get Carey'd and then Whammed within about 10 minutes of each other. I was driving the truck back myself, and as the radio is pretty much on the other side of the cab, and the steering controls didn't work, I had to sit there and take it.

I sang my heart out :lol:

I'm out, granted I could also argue I'm not as for whatever reason the Menard's Christmas jingle was playing at the same time as Mariah so it was kind of a remix.

If Menard's ran their online ordering like every other store on planet Earth I would have been completely safe. :grumpy:

And I've just been Carey'd by my own mother. While doing some small house "renovations," the Spotify playlist that she's had running in the background decided to start playing the party piece of the Merry Mariah.

I was hoping that I would be knocked out in a more exciting way, but oh well.

Also, as I was typing this very comment, Mariah Carey finished, and then I got Whammed immediately afterwards! 🤬 off, Spotify. :lol:

Carey and the ghost of George Michael definitely appear to be double-teaming a lot of us this year.

Last edited:
Back