GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2023]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 257 comments

What's your current Carey'd status?

• Total voters
Hmm. From the NYT:

Now, I know we didn't invent it, but there's literally no evidence (thus far) of it anywhere before the GTPlanet thread in 2010.

Mertz is claiming he and his friends invented it five years earlier. Incidentally, Mertz also runs a Whamageddon website - set up in 2016 - through which you can purchase lots of Whamageddon-themed tat merchandise 🤔

Big Elon Musk Tesla Founder energy...
Faker.

If only there was a thread for ludicrous claims…

See You next year... :D

FB_IMG_1703529140799.jpg

I hope not...

Oh good. And now I've just been Whammed while scrolling thru random reels on Instagram...

Last edited:
Hmm. From the NYT:

Now, I know we didn't invent it, but there's literally no evidence (thus far) of it anywhere before the GTPlanet thread in 2010.

Mertz is claiming he and his friends invented it five years earlier. Incidentally, Mertz also runs a Whamageddon website - set up in 2016 - through which you can purchase lots of Whamageddon-themed tat merchandise 🤔

Big Elon Musk Tesla Founder energy...
@RouWa, would you be able to share what the original forum was that hosted the game?

Last edited:
I ran across this thread randomly, thought the challenge was funny, futile, but funny.

Bruh...GTP got jokes! 🤣 🤣

@RouWa, would you be able to share what the original forum was that hosted the game?
I don't know the exact origin. In 2009 a user posted the contest in the MAN!AC forum (see attachment). "MAN!AC" (1993 - 2008), or M! Games since 2008, is a German magazine for console games.

The user is still active. I have to ask him where and when the contest started.

Attachments

• wham_maniac_forum.jpg
    wham_maniac_forum.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3
I don't know the exact origin. In 2009 a user posted the contest in the MAN!AC forum (see attachment). "MAN!AC" (1993 - 2008), or M! Games since 2008, is a German magazine for console games.

The user is still active. I have to ask him where and when the contest started.
It'll be interesting to see where it originated from - your introduction to it on GTPlanet seems to make it the earliest known English version of the game!

And once again, I have avoided the dangerous curse of the Carey. Arise, my fellow survivors.

Survived Wham for the first time in... I don't even remember how long it's been.

Still got skunked on Carey though, and I only heard it a grand total of once. If only I wasn't in the mood for okay scrambled eggs at the cafeteria that one morning.

I believe I survived. I wasn't paying too much attention through the whole time, but I heard a cover version once or three times.

Now Wham. That's another story. Whamming took place throughout.

Back