User user
Premium
New Zealand
Auckland
Lazer0pz
We're back, baby!

1699218264387.png

General Rules and Guidelines:
  • Survive the remainder of 2023 (i.e. 23:59.59 in your time zone) without listening to All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
  • Only the original song performed by Mariah Carey counts. Remixes, covers and the duet version with Justin Bieber don't count.
  • Hearing any part of the song counts as getting Carey'd. If you're unsure whether it's a remix or the duet version, keep listening to find out, or use apps such as Shazam or Google Assistant. If you're still not sure, it may be in good faith to consider yourself out.
  • GIFs, still images or muted video do not count.
  • When you hear the music, consider yourself Carey'd, out of the competition..
  • Do not post any links to the song in this thread without sufficient warning. This place is a safe haven.
  • While the rest of the site is free rein, keep in mind the site's rules regarding misleading (next bullet point)
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
  • If you play the link in the OP with any intention outside of refreshing your memory (i.e. playing it over Discord or a PlayStation party), you will be Carey'd if you hear it.
Some tips to avoid the song:
  • Do not trust anyone.
  • Avoid shopping at department stores, clothing stores, supermarkets - anything that may have a radio playing.
  • If you must step outside, consider bringing noise-isolating earphones and play loud music on them to avoid any other songs.
  • Do not trust anyone.
  • Have your computer defaulted to 'mute' and make sure that your volume is off while opening any links.
  • Do not talk to any other GTPers using Discord, Facebook, gaming voice chat, social media, or open any musical Christmas cards physically sent to them. We are all evil and cannot be trusted.
If you haven't yet heard the song, just click on the video below to watch it before avoiding it until next year.

GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey:

GTPlanet vs. Wham!:

Last edited:
Figured I'd change things up this year. Rather than having to update the OP with a Participant Log, I've set up a poll that lets you change your vote if you've been Carey'd (or, for nostalgia's sake, Whammed).

Feel free to write your own Carey'd User Log entries. :P

There's fast, then there's getting hit by both songs before the thread even goes up two years in a row

Is there an award for this? I don't think I've lasted even a week yet

Safe so far. I started a version of this at my job so hopefully I can stay safe the rest of the year

I'm in.

Hopefully a certain someone don't plan on bombarding the site with the whole song again like last year. That was brutal.
Who would even give @Jordan that idea.....that person needs help.

Jerome

This would probably be around my 10th year doing this, but it’s not good news my comrades.

In what has become a tradition all its own, I got Mariah’d on the Christmas pageant weekend on Saturday. The first year I was walking past the police station and it was on the radio, last year it was the car radio and this time around it’s the TV. Ironically never at the pageant itself, but always that same weekend.

Another year, another failure. Oh thy Mariah, thou art a merry wench.

Being a Brit is like a built-in cheat code, we generally don't do the Xmas thing until the proper month - unlike some countries I could name. Should be safe for another few weeks as long as I avoid certain shops. Always a risk of a sneak attack but I usually have my pods in when I'm out of the house.

Back