GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
So you're just going to give up? :P

Yep. Pretty much. ;)

I can't control the radio and it would look weird if I ran across the middle of the office floor to get away from the radio for 3 minutes everytime Wham came on.

TheBook

Literary Member
Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
Count me in. I've managed to make it to the end two years in a row; I've got a streak to uphold.

TB

Watching. Waiting.
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi
You know I'm in.

After I make sure that the Christmas station on Pandora is absolutely off. I have a history to continue. :lol:

Darren.

Vroom Vroom
Premium
United Kingdom
Limbo
TurboV16
TurboV16
I'm in for this. Doubt I'll last longer than a week, but it's worth a shot.

Hayden

Chrysler Racer
Premium
Australia
South Australia
The damn post office got me last time. I'm not confident that I'll make it any further but I'll be a heck of a lot more careful of my language when it happens next time :lol:

Edit: Found the post-
Mother 🤬! Just got Whamed while leaving the post office. Was in there for a solid 15 minutes waiting in queue and listening to all the usual non christmas-y songs they had playing when just as i got my hands on the parcels I came to collect I heard the sound I was fearing.... "Laaaassst Christmas I gave you my hear...". I swore a little louder than I should've and walked out disgusted.

I was doing so well too :(

Last edited:
United Kingdom
Essex
I'm in, I can't see myself being very successful though. The only glimmer of hope I have is that my car doesn't have a radio in it.

Finland
Intercourse, PA
Carbonox
I see I wasn't officially in last year, however this time I will. :cool:

Should be safe since I don't really listen to radio anymore. :P

DK

No-one's having an A1 day
Premium
Ireland
Ireland
driftking18594
CiaranGTR94
Count me in for this year.

Wiegert

Delicious Doorstop
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I also love the idea of being high-strung and paranoid every time I leave the house over the next 2 months. So I'm in.

Has anyone else been avoiding Last Christmas since the beginning of the year?

Apart from the lingering feeling that I dreamt about hearing it not long ago, I haven't heard it since my last Whamming.

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
I'm in. I almost made it last year except my sister played it. I was mad lol

Joey D

Premium
United States
Holladay, UT
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
Since I no longer work in a public area and I have in headphones most of the day, I'm in.

Daniel

User user
Premium
New Zealand
Auckland
Lazer0pz
TB
The list is updated up to this point, @Daniel. :)

Also, I tweaked your list/color/size code a bit as you had some anomalies in there.
Thanks for that. 👍 There was one weird spacing issue that I couldn't seem to fix.

dice1998

Yo Mamma.
Premium
United States
Vero Beach, FL
dice1998
I'm in. I hope I can make it three years in a row without being whammed.

I just jinxed myself, didn't I?

TB

Watching. Waiting.
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi
Thanks for that. 👍 There was one weird spacing issue that I couldn't seem to fix.
The spacing was bugging me so I had to investigate. :lol: Turns out it was a couple of nested size tags.

Apok

Spam 'nades!
Premium
Slovenia
Slovenia
csiApok
I wish autoplaying youtube videos were still a thing. Okay, so I wouldn't post an autoplaying video in a thread, as I already did that the first year, but the possibilities with PMs would be quite interesting.

Pupik

old hand
Staff Emeritus
United States
Randomlandia
I'm in, three years without hearing the Wham version. I feel like I've lost the moment this thread begins, because then the song gets in my head (the same way a creaky door or car alarm goes off).

I wish autoplaying youtube videos were still a thing. Okay, so I wouldn't post an autoplaying video in a thread, as I already did that the first year, but the possibilities with PMs would be quite interesting.

Just some advice: if you're going to be "that guy", we're going to be "that mod". :mischievous:

Last edited:
United Kingdom
Warwick Uni
lbsf1 GTP_lbsf1
obsmu (my brothers acount)
Count me in. It's gonna be all about luck since I work part time in retail where we have the radio on. However its worth a go.