GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
So you're just going to give up? :P

Yep. Pretty much. ;)

I can't control the radio and it would look weird if I ran across the middle of the office floor to get away from the radio for 3 minutes everytime Wham came on.

Count me in. I've managed to make it to the end two years in a row; I've got a streak to uphold.

You know I'm in.

After I make sure that the Christmas station on Pandora is absolutely off. I have a history to continue. :lol:

I'm in for this. Doubt I'll last longer than a week, but it's worth a shot.

The damn post office got me last time. I'm not confident that I'll make it any further but I'll be a heck of a lot more careful of my language when it happens next time :lol:

Edit: Found the post-
Mother 🤬! Just got Whamed while leaving the post office. Was in there for a solid 15 minutes waiting in queue and listening to all the usual non christmas-y songs they had playing when just as i got my hands on the parcels I came to collect I heard the sound I was fearing.... "Laaaassst Christmas I gave you my hear...". I swore a little louder than I should've and walked out disgusted.

I was doing so well too :(

Last edited:
I'm in, I can't see myself being very successful though. The only glimmer of hope I have is that my car doesn't have a radio in it.

I see I wasn't officially in last year, however this time I will. :cool:

Should be safe since I don't really listen to radio anymore. :P

I also love the idea of being high-strung and paranoid every time I leave the house over the next 2 months. So I'm in.

Has anyone else been avoiding Last Christmas since the beginning of the year?

Apart from the lingering feeling that I dreamt about hearing it not long ago, I haven't heard it since my last Whamming.

I'm in. I almost made it last year except my sister played it. I was mad lol

Since I no longer work in a public area and I have in headphones most of the day, I'm in.

TB
The list is updated up to this point, @Daniel. :)

Also, I tweaked your list/color/size code a bit as you had some anomalies in there.
Thanks for that. 👍 There was one weird spacing issue that I couldn't seem to fix.

I'm in. I hope I can make it three years in a row without being whammed.

I just jinxed myself, didn't I?

Thanks for that. 👍 There was one weird spacing issue that I couldn't seem to fix.
The spacing was bugging me so I had to investigate. :lol: Turns out it was a couple of nested size tags.

I wish autoplaying youtube videos were still a thing. Okay, so I wouldn't post an autoplaying video in a thread, as I already did that the first year, but the possibilities with PMs would be quite interesting.

I'm in, three years without hearing the Wham version. I feel like I've lost the moment this thread begins, because then the song gets in my head (the same way a creaky door or car alarm goes off).

I wish autoplaying youtube videos were still a thing. Okay, so I wouldn't post an autoplaying video in a thread, as I already did that the first year, but the possibilities with PMs would be quite interesting.

Just some advice: if you're going to be "that guy", we're going to be "that mod". :mischievous:

Last edited:
Count me in. It's gonna be all about luck since I work part time in retail where we have the radio on. However its worth a go.

Back