GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
Canada
Guelph, Ontario
@Jimlaad43: Nice try. That is the exact reason why my speakers stay off. :lol:

It may have gotten me, I'm not sure.:scared:

My internet is slow, so I closed the tab before it could play, but in my haste I also took out all my other tabs.:lol:

I opened the tabs back up but it also opened up the video, I muted the computer via keyboard, but I was also listening to other music, and I think I may have heard a drum that wasn't quite part of my song, but I'm not sure.

Anyone?

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Yeah got me.
Mwahahahahahahaha. First person to be Wham!urdered.

However, I may have shot myself in the foot and fully expect many similar attempts directed towards me.

Last edited:

DK

No-one's having an A1 day
Premium
Ireland
Ireland
driftking18594
CiaranGTR94
You may also have this directed at you:
Errr. No.
Posting fake links anywhere else in these forums with links to a Wham! video will earn you the same treatment as Rickrolling, i.e. an infraction for Useless Post / Spam.

Just so we're clear on this.

TB

Watching. Waiting.
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi

*snip*

Anyone?
In my unprofessional opinion, if you think you got Whammed!, you got Whammed!

In all actuality, it probably wasn't Last Christmas but your paranoia got the best of you. ;)

sparkytooth

Whoa rehr
Premium
Venezuela
The 51st state of america
sparkytooth50001
The only place that can hurt me is the internet. I'm in Venezuela and this particular song isn't even remotely popular here.

Count sparky in.

AudiMan2011

Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
From now on when I travel back and forth to college until the Christmas holidays, I'll be switching my radio off. I'll also be weary of any PMs here with suspicious links to YouTube videos.

I'll do whatever it takes to make it through until New Year and beat this game, even with Jedi mind tricks.

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
TB

In all actuality, it probably wasn't Last Christmas but your paranoia got the best of you. ;)
It was Last Christmas, the Whamming version, so if he heard it, he's out.

United States
Heaven's Fence
Anathema-Kure
Justin Jectlol
Has anyone else been avoiding Last Christmas since the beginning of the year?

Affirmative. And yes, count me in.

Where's the 'Hardcore' players' list, though? :crazy:

Problem is, I start a new job on the 11th of November... working at a sporting goods store. I don't care if the boss says something, I will surely have my headphones and iPod with me at all times. (Or earplugs, which I used last year.)

Katiegan

Wrenching Wench
Premium
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Katiegan
KatieB53
I'm up for this again. I made it to the 19th of December last year. I'm not sure I'll make it that far this year. :P

SlipZtrEm

GTP Admin
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
I nearly made it last year, though I wasn't officially taking part in the thread. This year, I'm in!

I've got Jimmy Eat World's version on iTunes, glad it doesn't count.

United States
Wasilla, AK
I'm definitely going to get Whammed this year. I should have thought through this before applying for a job in retail...

Retail itself is no problem. It just depends on where you work. The local warehouse store I roll with doesn't have any background music, so the only risks are a. an evil co-worker (note to self: stay away from that one guy the rest of the year, he apparently loves Wham! and managed to guess that Last Christmas was the song I was trying to avoid) or b. a customer's ringtone.

MUSC4EVER

The story continues....
Premium
Wales
wrexham
jameskent86451
Jamobomb86
Im in, And ive already got the song in my head, argh good start!!

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I can't be sure but I think last year I got whammed pretty early and the year before that I survived. Count me in 👍

SRV2LOW4ME

It's a G thing
Premium
Canada
Right behind you
SRV2NV
Sign me up. I usually play each year, but fail early every year thanks to my GF and all the Christmas activities I get made a part of. Hopefully this year I'll be able to make it till Dec :lol:

Canada
Guelph, Ontario
TB

After further study with the safe video in this thread , I'd say that I heard one, maybe two, drum beats. :(

Barely went past a day...

Daniel

User user
Premium
New Zealand
Auckland
Lazer0pz

My internet is slow, so I closed the tab before it could play, but in my haste I also took out all my other tabs.:lol:

I opened the tabs back up but it also opened up the video, I muted the computer via keyboard, but I was also listening to other music, and I think I may have heard a drum that wasn't quite part of my song, but I'm not sure.

Anyone?
Yeah got me.
Just a bit confused as to what happened here :confused:. How did @Jimlaad43 Wham you guys?

Canada
Canada
photonrider
Fair enough, I guess if he whammed them legitimately - there was no date-rape drugs involved, right?

Peter and Bopop should've known to keep the volume down if they're playing the game. Shame. Two of our best players already down. RIP, guys. Enjoy your now wham-filled holidays. :(

*makes pious warding-off-evil gestures.

Jimlaaaaaaaad!!!! :mad: You bastard. We'll get you for this. I'm going to put a bounty on your head - maybe premium for whoever gets you first.

Mini Stiggy

Premium
United States
Grove City, Ohio
I__like_oranges
Sounds like fun, I'll play:dopey:.
Just to make sure, when I hear the song anywhere, I've been whamed, and I lose, right?

Canada
Canada
photonrider
A thorough reading of the OP will help, ittybitty. Browse last year's thread and you'll get the whole flavour of it.
:) 👍

Good luck staying alive. Even the vets are going down like flies drunk on . .

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Jimlaaaaaaaad!!!! :mad: You bastard. We'll get you for this. I'm going to put a bounty on your head - maybe premium for whoever gets you first.

Does that mean I got you aswell?

So if I commit Whamicide, I will get premium? [/OPTIMISTIC]