GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
Still haven't been Whammed!, although I've started hearing Christmas music out in public, it may be time to bust out the ol' Noise Cancelling headphones and Pandora on my phone when I'm out :lol:

Really really close call on the way home tonight. Vodafone Big Top 40 has 4 Christmas songs and I heard the familiar beat of the original Last Christmas. No defense with my PSP not at my disposal so it was fingers in the ears until it ended.

The radio station that my bus driver always listens to is playing Christmas music now. This morning I heard that Christmas song with trumpets (I can't remember its exact name). It looks like the difficulty has just gone up a notch.

DK
The radio station that my bus driver always listens to is playing Christmas music now. This morning I heard that Christmas song with trumpets (I can't remember its exact name). It looks like the difficulty has just gone up a notch.
Stop the Cavalry - Jonah Lewie
I'm just getting Whammed! left right and centre now.

Yeah, I got Whammed! at 11:48am this morning when going grocery shopping.

I was out mid November and didn't hear it again until I heard it 3 times last night. As it's made a re-entry into the UK charts, it's being played everywhere.

Got Whammed earlier again by Greg James on Radio 1, I listened to the intro until I realised then turned the radio off..

Still no sign here :)

Haven't heard hardly any Christmas music either.

George Michael Whammed my brains out when I was making my breakfast this morning....

2 years in a row, that bloody Now! ad :(

Amazingly I'm still in this.

A little nervous this weekend going to a wedding on the party bus though, as they were playing Christmas music, but they didn't play the dreaded song.

Been hearing a lot of Christmas music lately except for Wham.

h8EF3AD48

I can't believe I never found this thread earlier. Can I still join even though there's only a couple weeks left until Christmas? lol
Also I've never heard of this song before xD

Huh. Yesterday I survived a 2 hour grocery shopping trip without hearing that song.

Is that a record? :lol:

I had to suffer through a number of other awful awful songs though.

They were all really old ones. Like the kind that date back to the 1700s or 1800s. Well, maybe there was one from the 1930s or 1940s like White Christmas or something. I mean the song itself being older - they could've been recent recordings I imagine, but they were all those really old ones like 12 days or We 3 Kings or Come All Ye Faithful.
Or maybe an Andy Williams I think is from the 60s.

But I mean no 1980s & later new xmas songs, like this Wham or the song about Grandma getting run over, or Step into Christmas.

Do you have them all stuck in your head yet?
Misery loves company.

My spouse is watching the Christmas episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and I saw this thread... and I keep thinking - will they have the Wham song? :nervous:

It's almost over...

Well, one thing for sure is I'd take that Wham song ANY day over Wonderful Christmastime by Wings.
OMG - my dream is to live the rest of my natural life without EVER hearing a Wings song again. Words cannot express how much I hate Wings. And the Christmas song by Wings... even worse. :ill:

Also, what the heck kind of barbershop plays George Michael????

Lost last night, they played it in a club on a student night. God dammit.

Latest Posts

Back