GTPlanet vs. Wham! - Last Christmas

• Thread starter RouWa
  • 277 comments
That is the closest I have come to getting whammed. Luckily, I almost always have my speakers off.

That is the closest I have come to getting whammed. Luckily, I almost always have my speakers off.

Me too, but unfortunately I was lazy. And my laziness made me lose the first try.

Alright: every single time I ever come onto this forum, I will have my speakers securely off.

Or my headphones plugged in every once in a while once Vista chooses to not let me access the Volume speakers.

It's time again for the famous and infamous "Last Christmas" competition.

As you may know, Wham!'s "Last Christmas" is the most evil song on earth. It causes wars, "ear cancer" and other mean things. Once the Christmas time begins, there is no escape. The song will be everywhere. But resistance is not futile. Not this time. The members of this forum will fight. And win!

Here are the competition rules:

You win, if you "survive" 2010 (31th December 23.59.59 o'clock, your time zone) without hearing the song or any part of it. That is the only way to win.

You lose, if you get "whamed".

- Only the original "Last Christmas" by Wham" with George Michael singing counts. Covers (are there any?) do not count.
- Any part of the song you hear, no matter how short, throws you out of the competition.
- Only audio counts. Images, Animated GIFs or the official music video without sound are OK.

If you lose, you have to post here when, where and how you got "whamed". Then you must try to throw out other users as well, i. e. by posting fake links in this topic or any other.

Some tips to win:
- do not watch TV
- do not listen to the radio
- avoid public places during Christmas time
- turn off the volume before clicking on links in any forum

The last one is the most important, as any link can be fake and lead to a video of "Last Christmas".

Even in big forums hardly anyone ever wins. GTPlanet is the biggest forum I know, so we will probably have some victorious members here.

Leave a message if you participate.

Nope. It's actually encouraged by the OP. :grumpy:

Well at least now you guys can go outside without having to worry. You already got whammed. :D

I wasn't expecting that to happen. Luckily I've already been whammed. But don't worry. I'd never do such a thing.

NUKED
Just kidding, of course I would. :lol:

I regret nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel: Apparently, if you put in YouTube code and then type in "&autoplay=1" or something like that afterwards, it will automatically play the video.

Anyone who didn't hear Apokalipse's video will now hear mine. Mhahahahahahahahhahahhahah.

Not me. No sound on. So far I've avoided both attempts and now I know it autoplays I'm going to be careful visiting this thread before the game is up.

If I start seeing WHAM SPAM outside of this thread, I'm issuing infractions for Spamming.

And come on, guys... play fair. You can post misleading links, but you can't autoplay the song in this thread. Next guy who does that gets a banana.

-

Eliminations still count, sorry.

And come on, guys... play fair. You can post misleading links, but you can't autoplay the song in this thread. Next guy who does that gets a banana.
I was just doing my duty!

If you lose, you have to post here when, where and how you got "whamed". Then you must try to throw out other users as well, i. e. by posting fake links in this topic or any other.

I just used a different way to do it...

Eliminations still count, sorry.

:lol: Bad luck guys!

Autoplay isn't exactly fair play. We need at least one neutral area where players are safe and can check their score.

That said, if you can find a way to incorporate it into another topic in a manner that isn't strictly off-topic... :D

Still in just. I was stuck in snow coming back from (cancelled) karting and they were playing christmas songs, I thought my time was up it was going to be played sooner or later, but it wasn't. :D

Autoplay isn't exactly fair play. We need at least one neutral area where players are safe and can check their score.

That said, if you can find a way to incorporate it into another topic in a manner that isn't strictly off-topic... :D

I'll keep that in mind then.

Phew, last day of school. Still not Whammed. :D

There is something really funny on the previous page. I don't want to ruin it for you.:lol:
Just kidding. Don't go back.

Edit: Well don't I look like an idiot. I didn't know it was taken down. I tought I was just warned:lol:.
Well I have to look in the music thread.:lol:

How many people are left?

I'm still in. And I totally forgot this topic. Played GT5 all day.

Autoplay is a standard trick. You may fail in the first year, but never twice. The more years you play, the better you get. The only way to wham me, is to call me on the phone and immediately play the song.

The best things you can do:
- do never tell your relatives, your friends, your colleagues at work or your girlfriend you participate. They are evil and you will lose.
- always turn off the volume when you enter the contest topic.

do never tell your relatives, your friends, your colleagues at work or your girlfriend you participate. They are evil and you will lose.

:lol: What other threads do you visit often. I might try get one in there. Imagine if someone went to wham someone in here and ended up rickrolled. One would be relieved and the other would be stupid.:lol:

so, i figured since i work in retail and all ive lost like 90 times so far, so i wanted to see if i could go a whole shift without hearing it, ya know a personal goal. Today was going fine, i go in before the store opens so i hid inside my Headphones and then right as i was about to leave for break i took off my headphones and caught the last note....

Fail stamp!

I told my friends about it, they immediately got their smart phones out and played it on youtube. Silly me. :dunce:

Feh. After managing to totally avoid it, I was Whammed today three times whilst flicking through the 20 odd music channels we have on Sky. I guess it's my own daft fault :rolleyes:

I might try get one in there.

I turn off the volume in every thread.

GTPlanet is quite anonymous. At one of my German forums we have annual meetings with between 30 and 100 members. I know (almost) all forum members by their real name and at least the town where they live. And now we all try to wham each other. That is dangerous! :)

Back