GTPlanet vs. Wham! - Last Christmas

• Thread starter RouWa
  • 277 comments
Had a few close calls...

Christmas Eve I get home and get greeted by the Glee commercial. Christmas day I mention to my cousin (who was hosting the party) that as long as Last Christmas by Wham isn't on the CD of Christmas music we had playing I was fine... Then she started singing it. That said, all good so far.

Hia folks! How goes it? I'm still in but I'm about 99% sure that the place I'm going for dinner tomorrow will play it.

WTF?! Haven't places stopped playing Christmas music yet?

I always get irritated how early they start playing Christmas songs, and how late they stop, IMO Dec 1st - 26th is fine and anything either end is getting silly.

I'm also still in and looks like I'm staying in tomorrow, so long as someone doesn't manage to somehow trick me into being Whamrolled I should be fine.

I've been secretly playing, and secretly winning. This is easy :P. I can't be Whamrolled either, got no PC speakers right now, and I'm not going out anywhere tonight. I can only lose if they start playing it during the New Years celebrations on TV now.

Just saying... but Last Christmas (do not listen) doesn't sound like it's from a man's standpoint, which means the version from Cascada actually makes more sense.

As to why George Micheal would be singing that in the first place... I'm not really sure.

I somehow don't quite believe how I won. I mean, as an Englishman, we have countless music channels and it seems I didn't bother to view any.

But lets get to the point.

I won.

I somehow don't quite believe how I won. I mean, as an Englishman, we have countless music channels and it seems I didn't bother to view any.

But lets get to the point.

I won.

As did I. And as did I.

That's the thing. It's either incredibly easy because you did nothing different and still didn't hear it, or incredibly hard because you did nothing different and happened to hear it. Blind luck more than anything.

I so nearly lost on Christmas Eve... my parents were watching an old Top of the Pops. I was in the room at the time they started playing Last Christmas - luckily my experience of knowing what the video looked like paid off (after watching it on mute in case I saw the video anywhere). Stuck my fingers my ears and ran for my life.

Didn't hear it after that - so I won too! :)

RouWa doesn't post that much, so I guess I can make this year's thread again. I'll probably do it November 1st since Christmas starts in November for retail :P

Back