GTPlanet vs. Wham! - 'Tis the Season To Be Whamful

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 465 comments
Walked into Walmart and today was the first day hearing Christmas music.
It begins.

I had to go into town to pick something up because Currys refused to deliver it. They didn't have it ready for me so the whole thing took 5 minutes longer than it should have. On the way back to the train station I walked through the German Market where all the stands play music, a mixture of English and German Christmas songs, but in between 2 was a street performer who had his own speaker underneath him (he was "floating") and I heard the intro and had to stick around a few seconds to make sure. I'm out.
This is 90% the shop's fault for making me go out in the first place and delaying me for long enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, but also 10% my fault for not wearing headphones because I knew I wouldn't be able to adjust them while carrying a big box.
@Daniel @TB

I got cover Whammed yesterday twice. Once was in Walmart doing some Christmas shopping and one was by someone in the car beside me in the parking lot playing it. Both times it was the Taylor Swift cover. I'm still scarred. :nervous:

Is it too late to sign up still? Once again I'm likely to have a significant advantage by living in a non-Anglospheric country, but there's a decent chance I'll be whammed eventually nonetheless...

I got whammed at work... some cheesepuff who's totally hard at work ran a youtube video while I was uninstalling Office off a neighbouring computer.

#28 AOS out!

So I work at a leisure pool/gym and my co worker eagerly showed me her new CD yesterday........ now that's what I call Christmas..... track 2 on the CD is that what must not be named.

But I work in the back offices so surely it would be at most muffled all the music in the complex..... but just above my head:

20171201_193424.jpg

This is going to be a long December.

Too busy considering whether I should bother entering a supermarket, I thought nothing of a Santa charity sleigh parked just outside. That is until the bells tolled at full blast from its hidden sound system.

No, not sleigh bells. Not even Jingle Bells. This year it's packing a stereo that plays nothing but Wham!bells, and the rest of the song as a Christmas bonus.

@Daniel

Had to go out with family for my grandma's birthday at our local hotel. They had Xmas tunes going, but they were more of the ye olde style as there was no Wham.

Danced around death tonight, though I may not last much longer.

Arse. Thanks very much to Mrs. Ten for flicking over to ITV+1 to see what the jungle wankers were up to. Just in time for a Now That's What I Call Desperate Christmas Nostalgia advert.

Am oot.

I had scare #2.

Yesterday I stopped at Arby’s for a delicious Smokehouse Chicken sandwich and the entire time I was there Christmas music was playing in the background. Thankfully my meal wasn’t ruined.

Unless I need to go to somewhere I usually don't go this coming month, or if someone plants a brilliantly hidden trap for me, I'm going to ace this December without hearing Christmas music at all.

My go-to radio station doesn't do
Christmas music, and that happens to be the station of almost everyone around me.

I had scare #2.

Yesterday I stopped at Arby’s for a delicious Smokehouse Chicken sandwich and the entire time I was there Christmas music was playing in the background. Thankfully my meal wasn’t ruined.

Oddly enough, I had the exact same thing yesterday, also not with a side of Wham!

Not bad, didn't blow me away, but not bad.

Not bad, didn't blow me away, but not bad.

I should add the disclaimer that it was the first thing I had to eat since breakfast (about 10 hours prior) so my judgement may have been affected. :lol:

The brisket is still the best of the Smokehouse sandwiches though.

I should add the disclaimer that it was the first thing I had to eat since breakfast (about 10 hours prior) so my judgement may have been affected. :lol:

The brisket is still the best of the Smokehouse sandwiches though.

🤬 I was this close to getting the brisket, too! Next time...

On topic, no signs of Wham yet, but I've got some Christmas shopping to do this week, and most of the stores have Christmas items out, keeping my fingers crossed.

I had some close call yesterday while out shopping. The pound shop nearly had me i'm sure, was only in about 15 minutes but it was just all xmas pop on the speaker system. I went in Tesco and it sound like they put "now that's what i call Christmas 1970" on(i just made that up) so I was safe in there. I have to go out a few more times shopping this year but i reckon I will get caught out by something before the end I'm sure.

The world is such a double crossing thing.

This weekend I was lucky enough to find 2 Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Ultra Sun but today, I didn't pay attention that the 2 Shinies had a price and the world wanted something in return so I got Whammed :(

I don't know if it was worth getting the Shinies. Though I now want to name one of them George Michael :lol:

@Daniel @TB

Phew. Had to stop in a Subway before a concert tonight and heard Last Christmas come on. Luckily, it was a cover.

Still in it!

The world is such a double crossing thing.

This weekend I was lucky enough to find 2 Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Ultra Sun but today, I didn't pay attention that the 2 Shinies had a price and the world wanted something in return so I got Whammed :(

I don't know if it was worth getting the Shinies. Though I now want to name one of them George Michael :lol:

@Daniel @TB
Meanwhile I'm struggling to find the rare mons.

A well deserved Wham I think. :lol:

Back