GTPlanet vs. Wham! - 'Tis the Season To Be Whamful

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 465 comments
In for yet another year. Let's get it ON.

EDIT: is it a bad omen that I heard the Taylor Swift cover within two minutes of posting this?

Whammed.

Was vacuuming my car and went to go bring it around the house. Turned it on, then WHAM.

My own fault for listening to the Christmas station. :guilty:

I'm in, and hopefully should last till at least mid December this year as long as I play my cards right.

Number #65 An appropriate number because....I'm already retired.

Smooth Radio about 7am this morning. Avoid at all costs they played the first and only Christmas song I've heard so far and it was of course damn Wham.

Omilord. For the first time in forever, I may be able to participate and not lose automatically.

Thank you, new job.

If my inconsiderate team blasts Christmas music at work, that would be highly unappreciated. We work in a call centre office for crying out loud.

My mother played the Christmas Station in the car yesterday night. I feared for my life in desperation, begging the woman who gave me life to not end me as well.

She switched to Top 40 five seconds after.

CLOSE ONE

I can confirm that at least the first two songs in the "Now That's What I Call Christmas" TV advert aren't Wham. I would confirm more, but I'd noped the hell out of the room by then.

...I forgot it was Wham! season for a moment there. My local mall reminded me where I stood on the totem pole of Wham!ability. I'll take this warning and run with it.

There's a "Friendsgiving" party tonight.

There will likely be music.

I might be in trouble.

I have removed the biggest obstacle to getting through this this year.

A friend normally has Sky Radio on in his garage, and they start vomiting Christmas music early in November. After hearing 2 songs I urged him to change it to something less Christmassy.

Success.

So far it's easy sailing. No plans into going to any public areas for the foreseeable future, and nobody I know nearby seemed to remember. But my doom this year will be when I walk No Man's Land like years past.

No Man's Land being London, and that's from the 23rd onwards till New Years. Exactly a month. I better find a song to eargasm at.

Do you really think I'm clicking on that?!? :odd:
Hover your mouse over the link and you'll see the page it links to in the bottom corner of your browser. Anyway, mute your computer before clicking any links you think might be dodgy.

Still nothing up in Scotland. Radio has been quiet on the tunes front and friends on Discord haven't betrayed me yet.

I can't believe that I have forgotten about this magical thread on the special part of the year.

I'm going in, I guess.

Back