GTPlanet vs. Wham! - 'Tis the Season To Be Whamful

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 465 comments
@Daniel I'm in. I miss the fun and utter chaos that was competing in this game. I might actually have a decent chance of surviving being I've become just short of a complete recluse in life since I was last active on here. We shall see. :D

Been through a lot of malls this week without a single care in the world. Lots of christmas songs but no Wham!, in sight. Still easy sailing.

I should not have told my gf about this thread. Dodged a bullet here. It's gonna be a long month

Screenshot_2017-11-25-18-18-27.png

I'm already out. KO'd by the local pub a few days ago, and kicked when I was down by my friend's car radio thereafter.

@Daniel man down, man down!

I've been whammed at work. Heard the "Once bitten, twice shy" verse as soon as a store announcement played out. NO WARNING beforehand.

George Michael used Astonish!

Edit: The exact sequence of events:
  • Store announcement comes on over something, long announcement.
  • Announcement stops abruptly as I'm walking to the door away from the speaker system (break room does not have store audio playing overhead)
  • Hear the dreaded synth and freeze right as I'm about to open the door.
  • "Once bitten, twice shy..."
  • 🤬 🤬 in a 🤬.

Last edited:
One of the unwritten rules of working in a trade is the first person on the job site picks what music plays. Unfortunately today was not my day and the person there before me was listening to the same station that did me in last year.

I survived though and tomorrow I should be there first so there shouldn’t be any close calls (it will likely be power metal, which is the opposite of Wham!).

Well, I made the mistake of letting a couple of my fellow coworkers in on the game. I listen almost exclusively to American and Irish folk music with noise canceling headphones on, so I am not to worried about it during normal hours. However, we generally jam into a car together for lunch. Gonna have to be sure I am the one driving, and maybe make sure none of them have their phones on them until the new year.

Someone keeps singing Last Christmas.

I might not last any longer unless she is only referring to the Taylor Swift version :scared:. All I can do is not bring attention to it and hope for the best.

Regular radio station was broadcasting dead air.

Switched over to my (former) back-up radio station.

The very first thing I heard was their "Christmas Wish" promo with Jingle Bells playing in the background.

That station is now dead to me. Unfortunately, it's also the one my wife has on every morning when she's getting ready. :ouch:

DK
I'm out. I just got Whammed coming out of Subway.

What's worse is that I heard the Justin Bieber cover an hour beforehand, and thought, "I'd take a Whamming over this!"
Be careful what you wish for.

DK
I'm out. I just got Whammed coming out of Subway.

What's worse is that I heard the Justin Bieber cover an hour beforehand, and thought, "I'd take a Whamming over this!"
The annoying thing about Bieber is that people keep giving him good songs to sing on. I have about 5 of his songs on my playlists (Where Are Ü Now, Sorry, Cold Water, 2U, Friends)

Latest Posts

Back