GTPlanet vs. Wham! - 'Tis the Season To Be Whamful

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by Daniel, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Dylan

Dylan Premium

Walked into Walmart and today was the first day hearing Christmas music.
    It begins.

2. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

I’ve heard every single cover of this song. I fear I might fall victim to the original very soon

3. adamp93

adamp93

I had to go into town to pick something up because Currys refused to deliver it. They didn't have it ready for me so the whole thing took 5 minutes longer than it should have. On the way back to the train station I walked through the German Market where all the stands play music, a mixture of English and German Christmas songs, but in between 2 was a street performer who had his own speaker underneath him (he was "floating") and I heard the intro and had to stick around a few seconds to make sure. I'm out.
    This is 90% the shop's fault for making me go out in the first place and delaying me for long enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, but also 10% my fault for not wearing headphones because I knew I wouldn't be able to adjust them while carrying a big box.
    @Daniel @TB

Flex0r likes this.
  4. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

Have you heard this one?

5. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

I was not ready for today...

Jimlaad43 likes this.
  6. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Says not available in your country

7. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

You have no idea how lucky you are then :lol::lol::lol:

Jakedog23 likes this.
  8. Flex0r

Flex0r Premium

Only time till the name change to Whammart

Dylan likes this.
  9. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Radio at work had The Pogues on this morning. I'm boned.

10. SonicCharmeleon

SonicCharmeleon

December 1st, don't get whammed too early!
    'TIS THE SEASON!

11. Johnny1996

Johnny1996

I got cover Whammed yesterday twice. Once was in Walmart doing some Christmas shopping and one was by someone in the car beside me in the parking lot playing it. Both times it was the Taylor Swift cover. I'm still scarred. :nervous:

12. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

The song is at 29 in the UK charts already.

13. Huks

Huks Premium

Is it too late to sign up still? Once again I'm likely to have a significant advantage by living in a non-Anglospheric country, but there's a decent chance I'll be whammed eventually nonetheless...

14. AOS-

AOS- Premium

I got whammed at work... some cheesepuff who's totally hard at work ran a youtube video while I was uninstalling Office off a neighbouring computer.

#28 AOS out!

Flex0r likes this.
  15. m8h3r

m8h3r

So I work at a leisure pool/gym and my co worker eagerly showed me her new CD yesterday........ now that's what I call Christmas..... track 2 on the CD is that what must not be named.

But I work in the back offices so surely it would be at most muffled all the music in the complex..... but just above my head:

20171201_193424.jpg

This is going to be a long December.

16. Wiegert

Wiegert Premium

Too busy considering whether I should bother entering a supermarket, I thought nothing of a Santa charity sleigh parked just outside. That is until the bells tolled at full blast from its hidden sound system.

No, not sleigh bells. Not even Jingle Bells. This year it's packing a stereo that plays nothing but Wham!bells, and the rest of the song as a Christmas bonus.

@Daniel

TwinTurbo LM, TB and Flex0r like this.
  17. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

@Daniel another one bits the dust. Got whammed when we strolled pas a christmasfair in Luxemburg.

IMG-20171202-WA0013.jpg

Flex0r, TB and Daniel like this.
  18. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Had to go out with family for my grandma's birthday at our local hotel. They had Xmas tunes going, but they were more of the ye olde style as there was no Wham.

Danced around death tonight, though I may not last much longer.

19. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Arse. Thanks very much to Mrs. Ten for flicking over to ITV+1 to see what the jungle wankers were up to. Just in time for a Now That's What I Call Desperate Christmas Nostalgia advert.

Am oot.

Flex0r likes this.
  20. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I had scare #2.

Yesterday I stopped at Arby’s for a delicious Smokehouse Chicken sandwich and the entire time I was there Christmas music was playing in the background. Thankfully my meal wasn’t ruined.

21. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

Unless I need to go to somewhere I usually don't go this coming month, or if someone plants a brilliantly hidden trap for me, I'm going to ace this December without hearing Christmas music at all.

My go-to radio station doesn't do
    Christmas music, and that happens to be the station of almost everyone around me.

22. Leadfoot530

Leadfoot530

Oddly enough, I had the exact same thing yesterday, also not with a side of Wham!

Not bad, didn't blow me away, but not bad.

23. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I should add the disclaimer that it was the first thing I had to eat since breakfast (about 10 hours prior) so my judgement may have been affected. :lol:

The brisket is still the best of the Smokehouse sandwiches though.

24. Leadfoot530

Leadfoot530

:censored: I was this close to getting the brisket, too! Next time...

On topic, no signs of Wham yet, but I've got some Christmas shopping to do this week, and most of the stores have Christmas items out, keeping my fingers crossed.

25. bluemoon_19

bluemoon_19 Premium

I had some close call yesterday while out shopping. The pound shop nearly had me i'm sure, was only in about 15 minutes but it was just all xmas pop on the speaker system. I went in Tesco and it sound like they put "now that's what i call Christmas 1970" on(i just made that up) so I was safe in there. I have to go out a few more times shopping this year but i reckon I will get caught out by something before the end I'm sure.

26. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

Spent 4 whole hours being exposed to Christmas music on the radio. The unthinkable happened.

It didn’t play. :lol:

27. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

I got whammed 4 times today at work. That's the equivalent of George Michael every 3 hours

Lord Kacperov and silverman_GT like this.
  28. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

The world is such a double crossing thing.

This weekend I was lucky enough to find 2 Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Ultra Sun but today, I didn't pay attention that the 2 Shinies had a price and the world wanted something in return so I got Whammed :(

I don't know if it was worth getting the Shinies. Though I now want to name one of them George Michael :lol:

@Daniel @TB

29. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

Phew. Had to stop in a Subway before a concert tonight and heard Last Christmas come on. Luckily, it was a cover.

Still in it!

30. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

Meanwhile I'm struggling to find the rare mons.

A well deserved Wham I think. :lol:

RESHIRAM5 likes this.