GTPlanet vs. Wham - Thread of the Year!

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 2,980 comments
TB
Warning to those not Whammed this year - I was Wham free for 37 years and lost this year. Twice. Don't fool yourself. No one is safe.
Well,
don't tell anybody about this game... even if you're married.

Well, 2014 is over - time to roll out the stats.

Times hearing Last Christmas: 69
Times hearing cover versions: 3 (Jimmy Eat World x1, State of the Heart x2)
Times hearing the Wham! deliberately: 25
Times legitimately Whammed!: 41

Verdict - Utter disaster.
So close..!!

TB
Warning to those not Whammed this year - I was Wham free for 37 years and lost this year. Twice. Don't fool yourself. No one is safe.
I admit this win was a bit beginners luck for me, I didn't think I'd last until Christmas. :crazy:

I'll take each year as it comes, Wham or no Wham. 👍

My third Wham! free year running, I believe.

Although it might be my second in competition. I think I missed the sign up in 2012.

And once again, to all those on the un-Whammed! list, you're guilty until proven innocent, so you have to confirm your Wham! freeness for it to actually count.

Last Christmas I watched Doctor Who
But the previous day, I got Whammed anyway

But that's just the way things go
In Albuquerque
Albuquerque

(guitar solo)

I'm still over 6 hours away from 2015, but it seems safe to do a recap now.

Full Whams: 6 (ALL from Jordan)
Cover Whams: 2 (Both from Ariana Grande, I'm assuming)

Jordan's trap is to blame for my downfall. Jordan is best troll. Overall, I think I did pretty decent regardless. It wasn't that dramatic on my side of things, but it was still an enjoyable time. I'm definitely doing it again next year. Well, technically next year at the time of writing. At the time of writing, it's still 2014 where I live. Whatever. I'll see you guys again for GTP vs. Wham 2015 in 10 months. Until then, this is Naveek Darkroom, signing off. Actually, I rarely stay away from the site. But you should know what I mean. See you guys for the next Wham competition. It'll definitely be a fun time.

I thought avoiding Wham was a GTPlanet thing. Apparently not: http://9gag.com/gag/a6deRDm
I've heard GTP vs. Wham is based on a similar game on a German forum. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the person who posted that is actually a GTP member.

Less than 30 minutes to go for me. Looks like I survived my rookie season. Hope I don't get a sophomore slump.
Happy New Year (in your region).

I have now survived in my debut to the challenge. I find it slightly ironic that I've heard it every single year of my life, but I never heard it once during 2014.

Basic challenge complete... hardmode has been activated once more. (Or, was it never turned off?)

Yes, going for a 3rd full year of not hearing the song.

Congratulations to all the winners. For us less fortunate, remember: trust no one!!!!!! They're all evil backstabbing wham-mongers. All of them!

Taking pity to the people that lost, I'm going to put this song in my phone, since i am a very 80s person when it comes to music tastes.

Slowly going in the dark side..

#SPDPreparesToLoseWham2015

Back