GTPlanet vs. Wham - Thread of the Year!

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 2,980 comments
New Year's couldn't come soon enough as I just heard Last Christmas on the TV, thank god that the competition is over or I'd never hear the end of it from @Ken Koios!

However, after listening to it for just the 2nd time, I have to say, it's not THAT bad... But knowing my back-and-forwards music taste I probably wouldn't like it after listening to it for a third time.

Hopefully this should make stuff easier for @Daniel:

List of members who have been confirmed to have made it:

@Skython
@NT_03
@SomePlayaDude
@Spacegoat
@W3HS
@RouWa
@Vic Reign93
@Situation1994
@Roger the Horse
@AnthonyD1993
@FireEmblem10
@ProjectWHaT
@The Bman
@Team THRT Drift
@BKGlover
@NW48
@Dean
@RobbiefromBC

List of members noted as unWhammed! in the OP who are guilty until proven innocent:

@dhandeh
@Crash
@swsc73
@Gerarghini
@35mm
@photonrider
@DQuaN
@DDastardly00
@Doodle
@Deko Wolf-GTPT
@RACECAR
@ildd
@Fat Tyre
@adamp93
@Tom - Too bad, I've signed you up anyway. You better not play Last Christmas during your segments.
@Altier146237
@Firehound427
@Flex0r
@ziopaperone
@ibnumgt1
@Swagger897
@Carbonox
@Joey D
@MOPARbarrett5
@SlipZtrEm
@TripleA5
@ABP
@TJ13
@gtuned
@spacecowboy73
@iMikeTheKing
@xZAMGMarmite

List of members Whammed since last OP update:

@S_Bridge
@LancerEvo7
@Hayden

I made it. My first successful year.

I guess this thread won't have much use very soon since the game is over.

I'm gonna by myself a cake to celebrate.

Hopefully this should make stuff easier for @Daniel:

List of members who have been confirmed to have made it:

@Skython
@NT_03
@SomePlayaDude
@Spacegoat
@W3HS
@RouWa
@Vic Reign93
@Situation1994
@Roger the Horse
@AnthonyD1993
@FireEmblem10
@ProjectWHaT
@The Bman
@Team THRT Drift
@BKGlover
@NW48
@Dean
@RobbiefromBC

List of members noted as unWhammed! in the OP who are guilty until proven innocent:

@dhandeh
@Crash
@swsc73
@Gerarghini
@35mm
@photonrider
@DQuaN
@DDastardly00
@Doodle
@Deko Wolf-GTPT
@RACECAR
@ildd
@Fat Tyre
@adamp93
@Tom - Too bad, I've signed you up anyway. You better not play Last Christmas during your segments.
@Altier146237
@Firehound427
@Flex0r
@ziopaperone
@ibnumgt1
@Swagger897
@Carbonox
@Joey D
@MOPARbarrett5
@SlipZtrEm
@TripleA5
@ABP
@TJ13
@gtuned
@spacecowboy73
@iMikeTheKing
@xZAMGMarmite

List of members Whammed since last OP update:

@S_Bridge
@LancerEvo7
@Hayden
@35mm has been Whammed. @Daniel listed his demise but didn't cross his name out.

I avoided being Whammed! at all costs, so much so that I went through my playlists every single day for a week to ensure that it hadn't been sneakily put in there by a member of the team.

Sorry I habe been pretty busy with work and stuff, sadly yes I got whammed. I went to the supermarket to get just one ingredient I needed and bam! I think it was on Christmas eve, any way I didn't make it.

Wasn't too hard, easier than before since starting in November every day our internet/tv goes out so no music there and well no internet radio, so iPod, then all my shopping was online so no stores, Last is that due to everyone getting sick near the holidays, no going to christmas. So it was easy but hard yet easy. Also I think I heard Bang Bang :rolleyes: more than any christmas song too.

Last edited:
Hmm haven't herd wham since the eighties, but it's good to know there still lurking around and out to hurt my ears and make me scream for mercy.
I'll be on the lookout next year to avoid the agony

Ah yes. My third year in the game. And the score is, lost 2012, nearly made it in 2013, BUT I MADE IT IN 2014!

Working the graveyard shift was actually and advantage. So, thanks to this, I can now say I have beaten wham!
And with this, I am now officially in the game again. I'm going for a wham free 2015!

Congratulations to all who survived 2014 un-Whammed :cheers:👍

Best wishes for 2015 to everyone here on :gtpflag:

Sadly I failed miserably to reach 2015 Wham free but there is always next year.......

I survived thanks to keeping the volume off while on GTPlanet and always changing radio stations off of Christmas music (which got me whacked upside the head a few times but never whammed).

Back