GTPlanet vs. Wham - Thread of the Year!

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 2,980 comments
Never heard it for years now. Can't even remember what being whammed is like.

Does it feel good? Even with the shame?

If the unfortunally Whammed are anything to go by, it's the total opposite of good.

Some mentally denied they just got Whammed, some were angry they got Whammed, but eventually they all accepted that they got Whammed.

I was lucky enough to dodge it this time, but some people who haven't heard it in decades weren't as lucky and I can imagine it stings more the more years you avoid it.

Hopefully this should make stuff easier for @Daniel:

List of members who have been confirmed to have made it:

@Skython
@NT_03
@SomePlayaDude
@Spacegoat
@W3HS
@RouWa
@Vic Reign93
@Situation1994
@Roger the Horse
@AnthonyD1993
@FireEmblem10
@ProjectWHaT
@The Bman
@Team THRT Drift
@BKGlover
@NW48
@Dean
@RobbiefromBC

List of members noted as unWhammed! in the OP who are guilty until proven innocent:

@dhandeh
@Crash
@swsc73
@Gerarghini
@35mm
@photonrider
@DQuaN
@DDastardly00
@Doodle
@Deko Wolf-GTPT
@RACECAR
@ildd
@Fat Tyre
@adamp93
@Tom - Too bad, I've signed you up anyway. You better not play Last Christmas during your segments.
@Altier146237
@Firehound427
@Flex0r
@ziopaperone
@ibnumgt1
@Swagger897
@Carbonox
@Joey D
@MOPARbarrett5
@SlipZtrEm
@TripleA5
@ABP
@TJ13
@gtuned
@spacecowboy73
@iMikeTheKing
@xZAMGMarmite

List of members Whammed since last OP update:

@S_Bridge
@LancerEvo7
@Hayden

Actually:

Well survivors, it was a incredible run but my time is up: I was just done in by A Drive-by Whamming. Did not see that coming.

I felt it was coming but in the neighborhood I was in, that's the last song I was expecting to hear on blast by my house. Overall, not bad for my first time but damn, so close.

@Daniel

I've been super suspicious about it all... Someone left a link on my page and I had my sister look at it for me...

Warning, view at your own discretion.

List of members noted as unWhammed! in the OP who are guilty until proven innocent:

@adamp93
My Wham! count was 3. I documented the first of which as follows on the 12th December in post 1807:
@Daniel
I'm tagging you so other people think I've been Whammed!

Is what I would say had I not been Whammed! earlier tonight.

I turn up to work and we have the radio on the TV, the guys in the daytime normally ask for a station that plays 60s/70s music so I've been pretty trustworthy in them so far. I went out the back and thought I could hear the wretched song. I was on my way back in when someone wanted serving in the other room which was playing a different station. I had to stand there in agony awaiting my fate, all the time worried that I would miss the end and have to declare myself Whammed! despite not being sure. Alas, I was able to get to the bar in time to learn my fate was sealed. George Michael infecting my ears with his filth and now, even worse, I've had it stuck in my head ever since. What I wouldn't give to have been 10 minutes late.
I was a bit cryptic at the start but I thought I made it pretty obvious I had been Whammed! afterwards.

I was lucky enough to dodge it this time, but some people who haven't heard it in decades weren't as lucky and I can imagine it stings more the more years you avoid it.

And that I suppose concludes our exercise for this year.

Some of you may be completely clueless about what happened here.

This is about Hebb's Law.
It affects your life.

The law states that neurons that fire together, wire together.
In effect- the more you think or experience something, the stronger the neurons (that are active in manufacturing that perception) become.

Do you know there is only one Jennifer Aniston neuron? And if you activate that neuron every time you look at her, and that neuron makes certain connections with other neurons, these connections then will strengthen with repetition.
Yeah, doing HW is good, too. :D

One day, in a galaxy not far away from here, Daniel couldn't take the fact that every Christmas a particular set of neurons were being strengthened by George Michael. The radio stations were in it. The whole Christmas music industry was into it.
That meant war.

The war becomes harder - Last Christmas is being churned out by the dozens of covers per year.
One day . . . it may be even as famous as Jingle Bells.
It may even be the theme song of the last of the Christmas Crusaders in the year 30000.
We'll never know. Though we don't really know whether we'll ever know, either.

For now - our neurons are ours. Ours!
Not to be owned.

But if you did give into the temwhamtion of biting the whampple - then you will give in to the taste of it, nay may even be addicted.
Even in July, when the happiness of last Christmas is what you miss.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas everyone! And may you all enjoy the happiest of times in this New Year.
Thanks for playing. 👍

And you have a good one, George, sorry, Daniel, Daniel . . . what am I saying . . .:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP updated. Thanks, @Roger the Horse.

He somehow forgot one:

Well survivors, it was a incredible run but my time is up: I was just done in by A Drive-by Whamming. Did not see that coming.
I felt it was coming but in the neighborhood I was in, that's the last song I was expecting to hear on blast by my house. Overall, not bad for my first time but damn, so close.
@Daniel

Just a page before his post.

And how in George's name was this voted as Thread of the Year? This is full of lies, deceit and betrayal.

That's what sells the tickets and the merchandise :P

Back