GTPlanet Weekly Split

• Thread starter Jav
  • 44 comments

What series will we use?

• Total voters
Ok, so far there are 26 of us who have voted and Proto/GT has pulled ahead, guess the next step should be which class will we run or if we are ok doing different classes and if so what time and day?

I can only do Ford GT in proto/GT. Only DP in grand am because of what cars I have. I do have most of the tracks for both schedules though

Jav
Ok, so far there are 26 of us who have voted and Proto/GT has pulled ahead, guess the next step should be which class will we run or if we are ok doing different classes and if so what time and day?

I think we have enough interest that if we have the right time slot we could almost fill a split to our selves :). Just need to balance the classes if we can, I only have the HPD right now but if needed i could pick up 1 of the other 2.

Im a ford GT myself, next week being 70 mins of spa not sure if ill run that or not but ill do at least 4-5 weeks

I'm driving the HPD. I'll be racing in Proto-GT most of this season. Interlagos and Silverstone will be my drop weeks as I don't own these tracks.

I think just all of us doing the race would be enough. Let everyone choose their own class. I'll probably race the ford though.
I like the idea, we should be able to have a couple of guys in each class on a single split, that way everyone can drive the car they love and won't be forced to buy any content they don't want.
Now we need to find a weekday and a day on the weekend that works for all(one Euro friendly and one US friendly slot).

Jav
I like the idea, we should be able to have a couple of guys in each class on a single split, that way everyone can drive the car they love and won't be forced to buy any content they don't want.
Now we need to find a weekday and a day on the weekend that works for all(one Euro friendly and one US friendly slot).

Was never implying people buy the other cars, just saying I might for the interest of having a balanced field. I'm sure some people on here have more than one of these.

Was never implying people buy the other cars, just saying I might for the interest of having a balanced field. I'm sure some people on here have more than one of these.
I know you weren't Jonsey and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was answering to your post, I was more talking in general terms where some people might be forced to just to please the group if we go for a 1-make series, it just tends to be the nature of iRacing which we will try to work around, Proto/GT is a good compromise because there are 3 classes and most people are happy in one of them.

Jav
Just let me know what time I need to prepare for and I'm in with the FGT

We should probably try to do the week race where it does not interfere with the NASCAR series race. A lot of guys like to race those.

Back