GTPlanet's Gran Turismo 3 Time Trial Contest Thread

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 187 comments
My question is, can you actually turn the ASM and TCS off in the time trial? The ASM is screwing with my run so badly...

AFAIR, nope. Puts us all on an even keel. I find it actually doesn't affect my time too much, other than in the S-bend at the end.

But I would like to try it on GT6, because I don't have GT3 :/

Unfortunately, GT6 isn't part of the plan for this contest: we wanted to focus on GT3. You're welcome to guess at what my final time will be though! There may also be a similar event running somewhere in our GT6 Online Racing section.

AFAIR, nope. Puts us all on an even keel. I find it actually doesn't affect my time too much, other than in the S-bend at the end.
It causes trouble for me at the very first set of turns when I'm trying to brake for Turn 2. Makes the car go wide.

It causes trouble for me at the very first set of turns when I'm trying to brake for Turn 2. Makes the car go wide.

There's a trick to that, but I don't want to spoil it quite yet... :D

GT3-TT#6-Record-[1'16'601].png

I can see that I will have to do better than this now. :boggled: What a fun few hours I have just had. :D

Last edited:
Oh good lord I can't keep the car straight! Playing on a wide screen TV sure stretchs those pixels too.

@Obelisk and @nick_gtfan actually, you can turn traction control on and off in options, just before pressing Start.
But I guess the rules state to have them on? Which is fair anyway.

Oh good lord I can't keep the car straight! Playing on a wide screen TV sure stretchs those pixels too.

@Obelisk and @nick_gtfan actually, you can turn traction control on and off in options, just before pressing Start.
But I guess the rules state to have them on? Which is fair anyway.
Yes, it forces ASM and TCS on in that TT.

Wish I could drive the challenge with you guys. But I'm guessing Kyle did it in 1:16.256.

I hope you guys keep pushing for those times, I sure would if I could (and will on GTPSP just because).

Seems to be a difference between PAL and NTSC? In the options menu, under the helmet tab, there's an option to switch the anti spin mechanism and traction control system off. @Suzumiya was showing me that on his NTSC copy turning these settings off do not effect the restrictions on the time attack, but thus for me on PAL, it turns them off:

13823169_893453197427069_2050607229_n.jpg

SVX
Seems to be a difference between PAL and NTSC? In the options menu, under the helmet tab, there's an option to switch the anti spin mechanism and traction control system off. @Suzumiya was showing me that on his NTSC copy turning these settings off do not effect the restrictions on the time attack, but thus for me on PAL, it turns them off:

13823169_893453197427069_2050607229_n.jpg

This is what I've been trying to say.

My ps2 was broken so many years ago, even I still have the Gran Truism 3 ps2 disc at home...

Well...I tried running a Castro Tom's Supra GT'00 in GT6, RS tyre, ABS only, default setup without oil change, the best time so far is 1'15.816, I think I can have a sec faster if i keep practicing on this race car....

Last edited:
Back