GTPlanet's Gran Turismo 3 Time Trial Contest Thread

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 187 comments
1'15:218

Attachments

• IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 25
Well done on some of these times guys, really impressive!

Surprised at the relative lack of guesses for my time, hopefully some more people take a shot at that before the end of the month. :D

My best so far after about 45 minutes of attempts most of which ending up in the grass I was able to get a 1.16 dead I need to find a lot to get to the fast guys. After using a wheel for 3 and a half years it's tricky to use a contoller but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it again. Definitely the toughest part of the track has to be the chicane almost every other turn I've got a good feel for but that one is hard to get right.

hey slipztrem! can you update that lap time leaderboard?

Updated! Genuinely surprised by the turnout. I'm going to be attacking it again at some point tonight or tomorrow. I've got a fun little surprise in the pipeline too, I think some folks will enjoy it...

I know I don't have a snowball's chance against the 1:14 guys but at least I beat a name I recognize.

OMpjMic.jpg

1:16.240

That last section though. Definitely the most crucial one.

My best so far after about 45 minutes of attempts most of which ending up in the grass I was able to get a 1.16 dead I need to find a lot to get to the fast guys. After using a wheel for 3 and a half years it's tricky to use a contoller but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it again. Definitely the toughest part of the track has to be the chicane almost every other turn I've got a good feel for but that one is hard to get right.
You can use a wheel. Granted, GT3 only supports 200 degrees of rotation and has built in active steering. So, it's more like using a glamorized controller. The only upside is you can be more precise and the steering response is dictated by how fast you turn the wheel, rather than the extremely low sensitivity setting for controllers in GT3.

SVX
Seems to be a difference between PAL and NTSC? In the options menu, under the helmet tab, there's an option to switch the anti spin mechanism and traction control system off. @Suzumiya was showing me that on his NTSC copy turning these settings off do not effect the restrictions on the time attack, but thus for me on PAL, it turns them off:

13823169_893453197427069_2050607229_n.jpg

This is what I've been trying to say.

This has me concerned as well. I'm on a NTSC system in the US. Even if I turn the aids off in the options, the Time Trial forces me to use them. I'm interested in finding out if the aids make you faster or slower on PAL versions. @SlipZtrEm , should we make note of which region we are using and if we are using ASM or TCS?

Anyways, I managed to improve again.
1:14.328 - NTSC - ASM & TCS
IMG_1906.JPG

@SlipZtrEm , should we make note of which region we are using and if we are using ASM or TCS?

Nah, it's alright. I didn't realize the PAL version offered that advantage, though it looks like you, @Doodle, and @FerrariF1GT are keeping right near the top even with the aids. Interesting to see!

I've improved my time. I won't say by how much, but I wish I could find all of my old records from back in the day, to figure out if I'm faster these days.

1:14.189
So close, yet so far away...

I've been using the DS2 controller thus far.
I'll give my DFGT and/or my original 180 degree Driving Force wheel a serious go tomorrow.

IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1909.JPG

Updated time!

1:16.638

It ain't much, but /some/ progress is better than no progress.

Attachments

• IMG_6084[1].JPG
    IMG_6084[1].JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 13
Managed a 1:14.833. There's room for improvement for sure, but I'm really not sure if I can crack the 1:13...

1'14.492. That's about as close to .000 as I'll get, for now. The ASM is definitely holding me back.

Also, I beat The Stig as well :lol:

IMG_20160727_162551.jpg

Did you HAVE to participate? :P
Now everyone is left without any real chance, well if you KEEP improving, but if you do, I know where it will end.

Why, thank you :embarrassed:. I could do better, but I'm currently using a Gamestop PS2 controller that is giving me an early onset of arthritis.

IMG_20160727_173625.jpg

On a break for now. Seeing those stupid cones just makes my blood boil, and I'm getting to the point where I'm doing worse with each try.

Relieving my stress by obliterating the competition with my black F094/S :sly:

Protip: License S-1 serves as a good practice. Puts you on an Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220 @ Apricot Hill.

Heh. Had a run that was a massive 0.75 faster than my current record, but botched the hairpin. I've still got a fair amount of time left in me, the question is if I'll find the free time to lay down the new time...

As the great Ric Flair once said: WOOOOOO!

1'14.272

IMG_20160727_190325.jpg

The 2nd place record was what I was originally going to post, but my phone was taken hostage for a while, so I did some more laps and BAM.

Back