GTPlanet's GT6 Community Club Group

• Thread starter Famine
  • 199 comments
I've been trying to make these events, they look like fun and well set up. đź‘Ť

As an outsider, I was impressed with the way it was handled and the level of skill demonstrated. I hope to be allowed to race again as it will increase my level of skill and knowledge of good racecraft. I need my A game here, and enjoy that fact... was way fun!

Cheers

Hi there! First off, just wanted to say thanks for letting me participate in today's race and congrats to @tarnheld who won our respective class in the TS030! Seems like I need to learn there's more to racing than just speed. :lol:

Pure luck, i would not have catched you without that last drop of fuel left in my tank. ;)

Big thanks to all the organizers and participants! These events show the passion for racing that is shared by the inhabitants of :gtpflag:

The online Time Trials also add a twist: as you race against others for the best time, all at the same time trying to get that perfect lap in 15 minutes is Pure Fun(TM)! At least for me, what do you think about the online TT format?

Thanks for the kind words guys. That means a lot...really. You guys are pretty cool to say such nice things. :cool: Organization and participation still have a way to go, but I have no doubts that we will get there very soon. :)

:gtpflag:

Races that come down to having a successful pit strategy are sometimes the best ones. It's more that just skill behind the wheel, it's skill between the ears too.

UPDATE: There was a Practice Room open in the Club Lobby section titled GTPlanet Club GT300 Practice, but it is now closed.

Last edited:
Hey Optic... just tried to join your room and it always times out before saying Failed to Join! So I tried to go through the Lobby way instead of through the Community way and cannot find the room at all. There was another member with a room open and found it through both... thinking something might be wrong.

Cheers

I saw you enter and leave a few times, but I eventually needed to eat so I logged out. I'll start one again in a little bit.

UPDATE: The race options listed here have been updated with more detailed information. Color coded for your infotainment.

Last edited:
My enthusiasm for the community time trials has faded a little after i have learned today that drafting is possible when driving with others. The drafting is pretty strong, so its tempting to get a good time by using a fellow racer on the straights. I don't like that, how about you? There seems to be no setting for draft in time trial rooms.

But i really like the "Race Together" mode for time trials, it's not so clinical as "Race Alone". So i will keep an eye on my distance to others.

Last edited:
Keeping with the Race Car theme of the week, Thursday's Club Event Race will feature three different GT300 race cars: the Subaru BRZ, the Lexus IS350, and the Subaru Impreza. Some may think that this might sound familiar, and those people would be not crazy in thinking so. I drew some inspiration from a previous Special Event from the WRS. This will be a Sunset Race...meaning that the race will start with the clock set to sometime in the afternoon and then the sun will slowly set during the race and will end after the track lights have turned on.

The Cars
  • Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 | 518pp
  • Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08 | 513pp
  • Subaru Impreza GT300 Base Model '08 | 514pp
  • Original Race Liveries of these cars are allowed.
  • No power upgrades. All other tuning is allowed.
  • Sport Soft Tires
  • No Nitrous Oxide (N20)
The Track
  • Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
  • 15 Laps
  • Time: 15:00
  • Time Progression: 10
  • Weather: None (Fixed); I was thinking about having it set so that it starts to rain at the very end of the race where it won't have enough time to puddle, but we'll save that for another race.
Race Settings
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
  • Grip Reduction & Slipstream: Real
  • Penalties and Boost: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
Day & Times
  • December 11th, Thursday; 3:00pm Eastern (20:00 GMT)
  • Practice starts one hour early (2:00pm Eastern/19:00 GMT)
  • Unofficial practice will be at random times throughout the week. Feel free to start your own.
General Guidelines
  • Skid Recovery Force (SRF), Active Steering (AS), and the Driving Line are OFF.
  • Active Stability Management (ASM), Traction Control (TC), and the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) are ON (available).
  • Rumble Strips are part of the track.
  • No Passing or Shortcuts outside of the track limits.

Don't worry if you don't see a race in the official Club Event section of the GTPlanet Community Feature, it's not there. There were only 2 events created this week (one TT and one race) and as you all know these Club Events take place twice every week. When this does happen, I will create my own Club Event to fill in the empty spot. This race will take place in the normal Club Lobby area along with all practice time. If you have any questions or have ideas for Club Events, feel free to drop me a line personally in messages or just ask right here in the Community Forum. Thank you.

Which cars are you people going to use? I want to add variety :dopey:

The GTPlanet Community Club Racing Series (name pending :D) is finishing off this week with a special GT300 Event. The race begins at 3:00pm Eastern (20:00 GMT) for qualifying. Practice will start at least one hour before (2pm/19:00) qualification laps begin. This Event will be held in the Club Lobby section of the GTPlanet Community Club. For more information and race/track settings, please go to my previous post. We hope to see you all there!!!

There was a Practice Room open for your enjoyment. :lol: You would have looked for the room titled GTPlanet Club GT300 Practice. This practice room is now closed, but guess what...???

The race room is now open for business!!! Join us in the Club Lobby.

Last edited:
The GTPlanet Community Club Racing Series (name pending :D) is finishing off Week 3 with a special GT300 Event. The race begins at 3:00pm Eastern (20:00 GMT) for qualifying. Practice will start at least one hour before (2pm/19:00) qualification laps begin. This Event will be held in the Club Lobby section of the GTPlanet Community Club. For more information and race/track settings, please go to my previous post. We hope to see you all there!!!

There was a Practice Room open for your enjoyment. :lol: You would have looked for the room titled GTPlanet Club GT300 Practice. This practice room is now closed, but guess what...???

The race room is now open for business!!! Join us in the Club Lobby.

Arghhh...... really wanna join this as I love the GT300's but the kids are still awake.

Great battle at the top with @lero and myself for most of the race. Any little bobble and there was a lead change. Needless to say that I had an extra bobble. :( Good times were had by all...again. I'll throw up some photos when I get time. I can't wait to see what @Famine posts on Saturday so we know what to do next week. The mystery is part of the fun.:P

I just created two separate threads for each race event on Mondays and Thursdays. This was to further the organizational process for these races to help myself and everyone else find information regarding these two events...and to not highjack this thread any more :lol:.

• For information pertaining to THE MONDAY SESSIONS, please go here.
  • For information relating to THE THURSDAY SESSIONS, please go here. This one even has a Poll.
I hope this will help increase participation and bring more GTPlanet members to organized racing.

Last edited:
Photo highlights from the GT300 Special Event:

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_1.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_2.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_3.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_4.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_5.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_6.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_7.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_8.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_9.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_10.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_11.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_12.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_13.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_14.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_15.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_16.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course.jpg

To my surprise, the Monday and Thursday Sessions threads have moved to the Online Clubs & Leagues forums. Because they are very closely related to the GTPlanet Community Club, I wanted to keep them local to this thread, but someone moved it this morning. This thread probably should have been moved too, but that's niether here nor there...well it's here and not there. :lol:

Just to let everyone know in case people are looking for them in their original locations. I believe the links still work, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem as the transition takes place. Who knows? It may even get more people to see it. ;)

I'm not sure who made the move, but a notice would have been polite.

Last edited:
Got a gt500 room up, 585pp with racing hard tires and track votes. Even though it's gtplanet club I got it set to anybody can join the room. Feel free to join.:gtpflag:

EDIT: closed

Last edited:
I noticed that the Club Events have timed out today. @Famine, are there any events planned for next week?
Oh, is it Saturday already? Lawks :lol:

Yes, I've been up to no good with something else all week and missed that, so I'll get the new ones up shortly. Cheers for letting me know.

Edit: They're up and will start in 6 minutes frooooooooom... NOW!

Last edited:
As there is not much time to do the Hudson Race this week and this is a super fun combo, i would suggest using either

Monday 22.12. at 18:00 GMT (right before the Community Club Monday Sessions) or

Tuesday 23.12. at 18:30 GMT (right before the WRS EU OE)

Practise starts one hour earlier.

I will open a room for the club event if anybody shows interest here.

Those willing to do the race can reply in this thread.

Hope to see you there! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
To those DS3 users struggling with the Hudson -- you can adjust brake balance. I go with 0-front/3-back and can sometimes even press the brake pedal full without locking... ;). Also, for the automatic shifters -- switch to manual and shift early... 4500-5000rpm.

Latest Posts

Back