GTPlanet's GT6 Community Club Group

• Thread starter Famine
  • 199 comments
Where's the appropriate place to let you fellas know of a room I plan on running in the club lobby.

As of right now, this would be as good a place as any. I would assume some of the mods have a few ideas running around on how to further the organizational process of this new Club system.

Last edited:
An observation of GTPlanet Club races (so far):

The Polyphony Digital Cup has been up for about a week and will shut down within the next day. 168 people have signed up for the event. One person started a race (solo). Some people are running practice laps, but the most I have ever seen online at one time is five (others may have seen more or less). From what I have seen and what others have posted, lap times are generally around 1:25 - 1:32.

Question: Will these online events, at least when it comes to the races, ever have a scheduled time in order to get everyone on the same page so that we could get as close to a full grid as possible? Time Trials seem to work just fine on a pick-up basis because the times are recorded in the Comments section whenever someone starts up a Trial, but races are a little different (obviously).

Not sure what the Powers-that-be over in GTPlanet-land have in store, but I'm sure something is in the bowl. :P

Question: Will these online events, at least when it comes to the races, ever have a scheduled time in order to get everyone on the same page so that we could get as close to a full grid as possible? Time Trials seem to work just fine on a pick-up basis because the times are recorded in the Comments section whenever someone starts up a Trial, but races are a little different (obviously).

Not sure what the Powers-that-be over in GTPlanet-land have in store, but I'm sure something is in the bowl. :P
We haven't talked about that, formally, but it does appear some type of meeting schedule will be necessary. It will be difficult to find a time that works for everyone, though, as we are all so spread out around the...um, planet.

This is the best place to discuss it, so if any of you have suggestions regarding when or how often you would like us to arrange regular meeting times in the club, please share them here.

We haven't talked about that, formally, but it does appear some type of meeting schedule will be necessary. It will be difficult to find a time that works for everyone, though, as we are all so spread out around the...um, planet.

This is the best place to discuss it, so if any of you have suggestions regarding when or how often you would like us to arrange regular meeting times in the club, please share them here.

Here are some of my initial ideas for the Community:

Taking some elements from the WRS when it comes to the global timing of events would be a great place to start (Famine actually is already doing that when it comes to event ideas). During the week we have one day (Wednesday every week) with two time slots, one for Europe (EU) and another for North America (NA). We also have a Worldwide (WW) race on weekends where people from EU and NA can race along with people from the Pacific regions (usually AUS and NZ). Having races at the same time every week would show consistency and get a rhythm going that would be easy to remember for all members of the community.

Considering it is a completely new feature, having all information here seems to be working just fine...for now. I'm predicting in the very near future that a dedicated section just for the GT6 Online Community feature might be warranted. Putting it inside of the Online Racing section might be ideal so it is right alongside the WRS and other Racing Series, Online Clubs & Leagues, and Single Races & Time Trials.

Those are just some thoughts off the top of my head. I have no shortage of opinions :D and would be glad to share more as time goes on. Feel free to contact me about these as I'm willing to help out as much as I can.

The problem is that we don't control the lobbies (which is also a good thing, as it means we're not necessary and we don't let everything die by not being there), so anyone is free to do anything at any time. Some folk really do want to race a 20 lap PD Cup event on their own, for some reason.

With the 400 character limit in the Club Forum messages it's also very hard to organise schedules to suit. I've posted up a message today which suggests that people ought to create lobbies at Hour:45, start practice at Hour:50 and start the race event or time trial at Hour:00, to allow for people to assemble and also given them a reasonable expectation of finding an event by timing their own participation to suit.

It's worth noting that despite having 2,500 members, the most we got participating in any event was 250 - that's just slightly more than 1 person per hour of the entire event's life.

Also, there's four new events :D

What I suggest is a couple interesting races, Such as 15 Laps with NASCAR at the Red Bull Ring, (Open regs for an option of a Safety car), or 8 Laps around Eiger Nordwand with Rally Cars, stuff like that. Things you don't often see in the open lobby.

I will be hosting a race lobby for the Polyphony Digital Cup at Tokyo on Monday, December 1st. Qualification will start promptly at 3:00pm (Eastern), 20:00 (GMT). I will open the room 1 hour early (2:00 Eastern / 19:00 GMT) for practice and to check for Invisible Drivers.

:gtpflag:

Added myself to the club as well :gtpflag:

Also, for some reason there aren't any events displaying for me... I'm assuming they'd appear under the "current club events" tab. Anyone know what's up with that?

Also, for some reason there aren't any events displaying for me... I'm assuming they'd appear under the "current club events" tab. Anyone know what's up with that?

Sometimes there is a lag for a few seconds as it loads (with the speed of computing these days, why is there lag?). If it still doesn't show up then just do the old restart move. Other than that...I don't know.

Last edited:

Don't forget to check the web interface too.

Just cant get into these events, i bought 350 cars on version 1.1 after they messed with the suspension setting they all come up as tuned even when i defaulted everything. i bought a few new cars but seems like a pointless battle if i have to buy a new car every time the events get renewed. not the fault of you guys just one of them things

Just cant get into these events, i bought 350 cars on version 1.1 after they messed with the suspension setting they all come up as tuned even when i defaulted everything. i bought a few new cars but seems like a pointless battle if i have to buy a new car every time the events get renewed. not the fault of you guys just one of them things

Have you checked the cosmetic additions you've made in the Custom Parts section? Whenever I reset all of my defaults and it still says that I have tuned parts, I just go back and check the spoilers and such. That has always been the case for me.

I recall that stock rear toe is different on the current version to earlier ones. Try buying full racing suspension, fitting it and then refitting the standard suspension.

Have you checked the cosmetic additions you've made in the Custom Parts section? Whenever I reset all of my defaults and it still says that I have tuned parts, I just go back and check the spoilers and such. That has always been the case for me.
Haven't tried that but i hardly ever fit spoilers and thease cars didnt have any the Ae86 but you can remove carbon hoods etc in setting menus. Unless wheels or oil/ chassis stiffness counts unsure if these were added to the 86 if i am honest

I recall that stock rear toe is different on the current version to earlier ones. Try buying full racing suspension, fitting it and then refitting the standard suspension.

I also tried that fam still no joy its just one of those thing's. i bought a NEW AE86 and megane race cup thing and flew in no issues. I have came to terms with it now it probably affect less than 1% of people. unfortunately i am one of them

I also had this with the megane and could not work out why, it would be nice if you were told what part of regulations you fail to make rather than told no your vehicle is illegal.

Don't forget to check the web interface too.

I've double-checked both the web interface and the PS3, both indicate there are no current club events available...

Bugs in the machine? Maybe I had to be a member before the new events were released to take part in them... other then that, I haven't got a clue why nothing's showing up. I know I'm in the right club, at least. ;)

I've double-checked both the web interface and the PS3, both indicate there are no current club events available...

Bugs in the machine? Maybe I had to be a member before the new events were released to take part in them... other then that, I haven't got a clue why nothing's showing up. I know I'm in the right club, at least. ;)

What i have noticed is the Current Club Events don"t show up on My Page/Current Club Events tab. Until i go to Club/GTPlanet/Club Events and then sign up for the event or events. Then they show up and can see if there is any activity in the event. Not sure if it is supposed to work this way? Seems kind of odd, But that is what is going on for me. It is working the same for me on both PS3 and web interface. Hope this helps some.

What i have noticed is the Current Club Events don"t show up on My Page/Current Club Events tab. Until i go to Club/GTPlanet/Club Events and then sign up for the event or events. Then they show up and can see if there is any activity in the event. Not sure if it is supposed to work this way?
Events won't show up on your Events until you've entered them - which signs you up for them - as they're not yours until you've entered :D

They should show up just fine in the Club Events page of any Club you're a member of and any other public Club.

Events won't show up on your Events until you've entered them - which signs you up for them - as they're not yours until you've entered :D

They should show up just fine in the Club Events page of any Club you're a member of and any other public Club.

Thanks Famine, that makes sense, had not looked at it that way before. 💡

Just a reminder that a lobby will open up for the Polyphony Digital Cup at Tokyo on Monday (tomorrow), December 1st. Qualification will start at 3:00pm for the Eastern time zone (20:00 GMT). I will open the room 1 hour early (2:00 Eastern / 19:00 GMT) for practice and to check for Invisible Drivers. The time slots should be perfect for people in Europe and folks in the Americas that have the day off, are on the late shift, or work from home and have some time to themselves.

Average lap times have been seen from 1:44 to 1:59. Fuel and tires depend greatly on the choice of car. Personally I have seen a half tank of fuel last anywhere from 5 laps all the way to almost 10. So pick your car accordingly because at least one pit stop seems likely for most.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible. Should be a good time for all.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of having some events with a more hardcore focus, finally got into fxx room last night to find all sorts of driving aids are allowed :boggled:👎. it takes all the fun and skill out of the trial not that i am super fast but id rather lose knowing that people who did win had the skill to win not having there hand held around the track. sorry famine i understand this is all on your shoulders since its on your personal ps3. hope i dont come across rude

Back