Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
A New GTPlanet, “GTP11”

As you’ve probably noticed by now, GTPlanet has a new look and feel. :) This 11th iteration of the site is not as dramatic as previous re-designs, but there are still a few tweaks and changes you need to be aware of.​

Forum Page Width Changes

One of the most obvious new changes is the forum’s conversion to a default fixed-width page layout. If you don’t like that, don’t worry - you can easily revert to a fluid-width layout (that extends across the entire width of your browser window, as it used to) by adjusting your account settings.

Before you run over and change that, though, I encourage you to spend some time using the new fixed-width design. In addition to a more tailored, consistent browsing experience, you should find the shorter line measure easier and more comfortable to read.​

Country Flags

One of the features I’m most excited to introduce is country flags - they’ll show up as small icons next to your post’s location field. With visitors from more than 200 different countries each month, GTPlanet’s community is incredibly diverse, and now it should be easier than ever to see who you're interacting with.

Please take a moment to choose your own country now by updating your profile. Your existing “Location” field will still be presented next to it, if you want to provide a more specific location, such as your state, region, or city.

You may notice your location field or your PSN ID has been cut short - that’s normal, and you’ll need to adjust it in your profile to fit within the new character limit.​

Blog Comments

Though I was not able to introduce all the new features I had planned for the blog commenting system due to software limitations, all comments will be automatically made under everyone’s forum account username.​

Problems?

As with any site update, a few things are bound to be broken. Please report any problems by creating creating a new thread here in the Site Help Desk forum. This will make it much easier for me to address, manage, and respond to each issue. Thanks! I hope you all enjoy the new look.​

Photo Credits

Continuing with the site's tradition of including rotating GT screenshots in the page header, I've selected a few appropriate images from our GT5 Photomode forum for use on GTP11. Thanks to all of these digital photographers for sharing their work! If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

Last edited:
Looks really cool. Diferent fresh look:tup:.

And i have noticed the country flag option a few minutes earlier on the "edit your details" ;).

EDIT: Nice pic of the Zonda R Jordan:P.

Last edited:
Aha! An Evo X is now on the banner :D Should have been more fitting for 10 to be honest :lol:

Looked a bit weird on first sight considering I'd only been off the site 30 minutes ago but it looks pretty smooth now. Nice to see you've moved the search to the main bar, that might as well help :D Just to clarify, is that button with the papers on it a button to go to the last unread post?

me-gusta.png

Me Gusta the new look!

Looks much better. Caught me out mid-refresh as well! :lol: It has cut off some member's highly amusing location descriptions...

[/sarcasm]

EDIT: Wow, you even have the Jersey flag! That's one up on Facebook. :mad:

Aha! An Evo X is now on the banner :D Should have been more fitting for 10 to be honest :lol:

Looked a bit weird on first sight considering I'd only been off the site 30 minutes ago but it looks pretty smooth now. Nice to see you've moved the search to the main bar, that might as well help :D Just to clarify, is that button with the papers on it a button to go to the last unread post?
Not the last post, but the last page. To go to the last post in a thread, click the topic's last post time on the right hand side.

Well this caught me by surprise :lol:

I'm so used to the wider page layout that I just had to alter the settings (not fond of the narrow layout myself), plus the Country Flags feature is a nice addition as well. Overall, I'm liking this new look. Now, should I go with the British or English flag? Hmm...

I just noticed this picture in the banner, of a car which isn't even in the game (it's from one of the photoshop competitions, I believe):
7.jpg

Not sure if you're aware of it, but it's kinda awkward in my opinion :P

Wait a minute...the picture at the top changes?! First saw an Evo X, then an MP4-12C and now the Aston in the above post...cool.

And a 787B, Denso SC430, Evora, a different Evo X I think...

SLR McLaren...Zonda R...is there every GT Premium car on the banner?! :crazy:

Yea I was on the site approx. 30 minutes ago on my phone and it had the old design. I come home right now and I'm like "What the heck did I miss lol?"

Anyways I really like the redesign, subtle and simple, but functional and fresh. Good job and keep up the good work!:)👍

I like the new overall look, feels more modern, not sure whether to change back to full width page though. I also got caught out when refreshing

Looks great. I saw the fixed width and I was like WTF is this on Mobile, then I looked that the thing and I was like AWESOME

I just noticed this picture in the banner, of a car which isn't even in the game (it's from one of the photoshop competitions, I believe):
7.jpg

Not sure if you're aware of it, but it's kinda awkward in my opinion :P
:lol: You're right, I didn't realize that, though I do recall noting that I needed to work on getting a DBR9 in the game after salivating over that photo. :dunce: I'll take it out.

I also just realized I forgot to include the Photomode credits in the announcement post. I'll edit those in now. Great work, guys. :cheers:

Just figured out my problem, I had my forum view on GTPX still! :lol: Good work Jordan!!!! :)

Back