GTPlanet's New Look, GTP11, is Live

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 266 comments
Notice how it's in the yellow box now.

This browser here is probably a lot older than IE9.
Could you take a look at the IE version? I'd be interested to know what it is.

MÜLE_9242;5993506
Immediately switched back to Ten, then found you deleted it right after.

Why?
The site will only have one primary theme or layout. Out with the old, in with the new. :)

Instantly a fresh feel to GTP. I'm liking everything that has been done by Jordan including the fixed-width page layout. Feels odd at first but now feels much more comfortable. Well done mate, keep on improving the forum :cheers:

Very nice. It is much easier on the eyes. It is also "more contrasting" or "bold". Areas have more separation. This probably attributes to the easier viewing.

Also THANK YOU Jordan for changing the top header. I always thought this was the weakest part of the design. It was blocky and to be frank, looked kinda dated. It now looks clean and modern. Bravo.

Edit 2: The GTPlanet logo & text in the top left is kinda (not much, but noticable) low res on my 1920x1080 screen. Maybe consider a slightly higher res pic. Not absolutely necessary though.

Just noticed it and decided to leave a message. Nice, slick looking forum. Thanks Jordan.👍

The browser I'm currently on (although this isn't my main computer which uses Chrome) is IE7. Won't matter too much, especially considering how it's long been outdated but even so on this work computer it just looks a little odd. I would save a print screen but again, this isn't my computer :indiff:

Also, the Wide option on this IE7 doesn't actually look like it works.

One remark though, the user info like "location", "PSN" under a user's avatar are cut if it's too long.
It doesn't mess with the layout that way but I think it's somewhat wrong.

The site will only have one primary theme or layout. Out with the old, in with the new. :)

Fair enough. My only real issue here is that "Fixed" is too narrow for me, and "Wide" is too wide. Probably just me, though.

Dat GTP 11. Looks awesome.

I don't really like the fixed width thing, though. I'm only using half my 1920x1080 monitor's real state rather than taking advantage of it like before. Time to change my settings. :P

One remark though, the user info like "location", "PSN" under a user's avatar are cut if it's too long.
It doesn't mess with the layout that way but I think it's somewhat wrong.
Yes, that's intentional - you'll need to edit any profile fields that extend beyond the new maximum length.

MÜLE_9242;5993588
Fair enough. My only real issue here is that "Fixed" is too narrow for me, and "Wide" is too wide. Probably just me, though.
There's actually no difference, in terms of page width, between GTP11's "Wide" setting and GTPX. :)

Is there anyway in this version to go to the last read post in the thread? Instead of just the last page.

I don't see it. At least not yet.
Yeah, there were lots of features I planned to launch along with GTP11, but wasn't able to because of forum software issues and delays beyond my control. Assuming things go to current plan, they'll be introduced later.

I just changed my page viewing options to "Wide" and I still see narrow pages. Is it broken?
It seems to be working fine for me, Coxis. :confused: Have you tried refreshing the page?

Yeah, there were lots of features I planned to launch along with GTP11, but wasn't able to because of forum software issues and delays beyond my control. Assuming things go to current plan, they'll be introduced later.

Ok, thanks Jordan, and congratulations, nicely done! New look and feel are awesome! xD

Like the overall "lighter" look of the forums Jordan, thanks1 👍

I've only got two litle "nothings" to suggest. One is that the Forza forum be renamed to Forza 3 (that or including the Forza and Forza 2 there as subforums). The other is that the several GT games within the GT Series forum are out of order. Took me a while to find GT3 there :D

It seems to be working fine for me, Coxis. :confused: Have you tried refreshing the page?

I just checked and triple checked, I clicked on save settings and my current setting is wide. I tried reloading, pressing CTRL+F5 to delete cookies and closing/opening all my browser windows.

I still see pages as narrow as in the "Narrow" option. :nervous:

IE8.

This please!

A New GTPlanet, “GTP11”
As you’ve probably noticed by now, GTPlanet has a new look and feel. :) T
Forum Page Width Changes

One of the most obvious new changes is the forum’s conversion to a default fixed-width page layout. If you don’t like that, don’t worry - you can easily revert to a fluid-width layout (that extends across the entire width of your browser window, as it used to) by adjusting your account settings.​

👍​

Great work Jordan! I especially like all the rounded edges. :) 👍

And wow, going through this thread was crazy. Every time I went to the next page, another page would appear! :lol:

I just checked and triple checked, I clicked on save settings and my current setting is wide. I tried reloading, pressing CTRL+F5 to delete cookies and closing/opening all my browser windows.

IE8.

Strange mate, I've tried mine and it worked like a charm though I now prefer to have the narrower setting :P

I believe it's the problem with IE because I'm using Firefox 6.

Is there a setting between Normal and Wide?.
This please!
I'm not quite sure what you guys mean here, could you elaborate? :confused:

IE8.
Ah, OK, I can confirm this is an IE8 issue. I'll get to work on it now, sorry for the confusion.

Ah, OK, I can confirm this is an IE8 issue. I'll get to work on it now, sorry for the confusion.

They mean a width in between the Narrow and Wide ones.

So I'm assuming IE7 would easily be suffering from the same incident then.

The width of the forum is not the same as the old one. It's too narrow imho.

Everything else look great though!

Back